Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
koalas4u

What color rug and pictures to tie all together

koalas4u
9 years ago
I am at a loss for what color rug and pictures to tie my greatroom together. The chairs are a bright turquoise. The photos do not show how bright they really are. Would an orange rug be too much? I'm worried that if I stick with a turquoise or blue it would not complement enough. What accent colors would be best.

Comments (12)

• abbyjean
    9 years ago
    Brown works with the colors you are showing, but love the idea of an orange with the brown, too.
  • MarleneM
    9 years ago
    You could introduce orange with a rug like this. Add pillows in both orange and turquoise. Lamps look a little to white beside the ivory sofa.
    East Living Room in Spanish Oaks · More Info
  • koalas4u
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I'm trying to bring in more color. I was told in the past that I'm afraid of color
  • koalas4u
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I was actually looking at a rug that was the same tone as in your pic but the background was the orange with beige markings that looked like 2 pieces of coral. Am I best going with just a small amount of orange as in your pic or the whole background?
  • User
    9 years ago
    Braided jute rug will have some texture and contrast from the tile floor. Your colorful chairs can be complimented in patterned drapery, art and sofa pillows.
  • PRO
    PaintColorHelp.com Dallas
    9 years ago
    Orange and turquoise is a favorite combo of mine. However, there aren't so many rugs out there that combine those colors, especially at a reasonable price. A couple of ideas attached. You might think about a rug that's mainly white with a touch of orange, then find pillows or art that have both accent colors. You could also do a black and white rug, and just put orange pillows in the chairs. BTW, I'd consider a coffee table in metallic/mirror/glass to lighten the feel and give it a more transitional edge. I might also spray paint the lamp bases in a color or metallic, so they don't make the couch look as yellow.
  • MarleneM
    9 years ago
    If it were me I would pick a rug like in the picture that has neutral background, and then pillows and artwork bolder.
  • PRO
    Iconic Deco Interiors
    9 years ago
    Hi there, I would suggest as pics below. Love the yellow, and it will make the living room more alive. Also some gold/silver and black/white accents. Of course a gold coffee table if you wish to change the tables also. Enjoy your living room. jk
    koalas4u thanked Iconic Deco Interiors
  • PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    9 years ago
    I would select a rug with multiple colors in it, including some turquoise. The rug below is one possibility. Once you acquire the rug, you can look for artwork that includes some of the colors from the rug, though I would keep away from too much turquoise.

One art source I like that has reasonable prices is Gallery Direct. Here's a piece that might work from them, but remember that they have many more.
    http://www.gallerydirect.com/art/product/maxine-shore/colorful-houses?substrate=paper&style=PF&frame=F0092&size=XL

Sphinx Emerson 2205A Indoor Polypropylene Area Rug 1'10" x 3'3" · More Info
    koalas4u thanked Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
  • koalas4u
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I have been looking at homedecorators.com that is where I fell in love with the orange rug.
  • Alexandra Wodash
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Heres a few rugs I feel would be a nice addition to the space. Pull colors from the rug into pictures and accents. If you go with a mainly orange rug then find pictures that have just a little of that orange and several other colors. lighter tables would also be a nice touch, something sleeker to match the lines of the chairs.
    koalas4u thanked Alexandra Wodash