Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Advice needed on choosing callas

I tried these last year and was underwhelmed. I know lots of people on here really like them so I think I just chose the wrong varieties. I bought a bag of pink and one of purple. When they bloomed I could not tell which color was which, the flowers were small (about 2 ¼ long and 1 ¼ wide), and the color was muddy. Each corm had only one flower. Actually, I think some of them had only leaves. Considering the dearth of flowers, they had too many leaves. That would have been ok if the leaves were pretty. The leaves I got were narrow, floppy, and solid light green: not those pretty, white speckled, arrow or spathe-shaped ones I have seen in pictures. I saved the corms to try again next summer but they are not getting a prime location until they prove themselves.

I just went through the Brent and BeckyÂs catalog and all the colored ones I saw there had the pretty speckled leaves! I feel cheated : (

I would like to try again. I think IÂll just go for white this time. Can anyone recommend a variety that will have heavily speckled leaves? The more white on the leaf the better. Plus ideally, larger flowers. I have never seen the garden ones growing, only florist, so donÂt know what is "normal" in terms of size.

Thanks for your help!

Comments (3)