Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tammyinwv

Can someone ID this white and green clematis?

tammyinwv
13 years ago

This is the first time I have seen it bloom. I didnt even realize it was there. Excuse the piece of another pic attached to the bottom, blogger kept screwing it up.

Tammy

{{gwi:587413}}

Comments (11)

• jeanne_texas
    13 years ago

Tammy..I would hold off for a "definite" identity until you've compared other blooms in the future...I am wondering if the green is from the cause of a drastic weather change..which is not uncommon on blooms ?...Check the new blooms to come to see if it still retains the green..if so It just might be Clematis "Laura Denny"...Jeanne

Here is a link that might be useful: Clematis Laura Denny

• tammyinwv
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I now have some new blooms on this clematis, and they all still have the green in the petals. There is another clematis growing along side it. I dont know what it is either.I am now keeping a blog, to prevent my forgetting the names in the future.
    {{gwi:235410}}

• jeanne_texas
    13 years ago

The one by it looks like "Nelly Moser"..I still think the green showing up is from a weather change that affected the tepals...Jeanne
    Do you see green bars on the backside of the tepals

Here is a link that might be useful: Nelly Moser

• buyorsell888
    13 years ago

Many of my first blooms have green on them like that. It is common.

• tammyinwv
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I think your right about Nellie Moser. That one seems familiar. Thanks.

buyorsell888, do you mean first time ever blooming, or first blooms of the season? I thought I had planted a white one in there.

If it does turn out all white, does anyone know which it is?
    Tammy

• jeanne_texas
    13 years ago

At this moment I am voting for Laura Denny but still want to know if you see green on the bars on the back of the tepals/petals?...Jeanne

• tammyinwv
    Original Author
    13 years ago

jeanne, here is a pic of the backside. I thought I had posted, but evidently I just put it on my blog only. Its not noticeable in the pic, but there is definitly a green on the back. It looks like someone took a brush, and went right down the middle of the petal with a 1/2 wide green stripe from center to tip.
    {{gwi:587414}}
    Tammy

• buyorsell888
    13 years ago

Several of mine have green like that on their first blooms this season. It has been cold after being warm.

• buyorsell888
    13 years ago

Piilu isn't so green on this flower but is off from normal

{{gwi:587415}}

Here is some green on Piilu

{{gwi:587416}}

Green on Daniel Deronda and a fully double bloom too!

{{gwi:587417}}

More green on Daniel

{{gwi:587418}}

• tammyinwv
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That blue one is beautiful, even with the green. So I guess its just from the weather as everyone felt. I did have a single Henryii in there, maybe this is him
    Tammy

• jeanne_texas
    13 years ago

It very well could be "Henryi"

Here is a link that might be useful: Henryi