Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rdbrya2

What do you think of this trellis?

rdbrya2
9 years ago

This is the trellis I am looking to buy for my future clematis purchase :) I liked it was taller...although a little $$ I supposed. The 'wire' seemed thin enough and perfect for a clematis as opposed to the wood ones. Thanks!!

http://www.amazon.com/Gardeners-Supply-Jardin-Flower-Trellis/dp/B007XIVD44/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407769595&sr=8-1&keywords=jardin+flower+trellis

Comments (5)

• Michaela (Zone 5b - Iowa)
    9 years ago

Very pretty!

• buyorsell888
    9 years ago

Clematis will climb it easily, much better than wood but that is very expensive....you can use copper pipe or rebar and cattle fencing from feedstore for less.

• mnwsgal
    9 years ago

I agree that the trellis will work well but is very expensive. Big box stores sell ones that are less expensive and look as nice. Nurseries carry trellis but again can be very expensive. For other ideas put trellis in the search box at the bottom of the page and there will be links to several threads.

• arbo_retum
    9 years ago

It depends what you are putting the trellis up against. When we plant clematis to grow on our perimeter stockade fence, we put up panels of melon netting or chain-link like wire panels which will turn rusty and be hidden by the foliage. But if the panel is going in an up-close visibility area, a trellis is a nicer option, and this one looks pretty straightforward and useful and you won't have to worry about wood decomposing..

• gigim
    9 years ago

I agree with gardengal. Both big box stores in my area have several that are a similar height but much less expensive. Have you checked Lowes and Home Depot? Are also available at these stores online if I remember correctly.

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer