Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carefreeplants_2008

Blooms from recent Maryott purchases

Additional blooms from August purchases from Maryott's...

Blue in the Face

Best in Class. Actually, it is more red than red orange

Another Best in Class

Another Wild Cherry Roundup

Thanks for looking.

Bj

Comments (21)

• carefreeplants_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Adding:
    Best in Class -- early morning photo

Thanks for looking
    Bj

• doucanoe
    15 years ago

Very pretty! I am envious of all of you that are still getting blooms!

Linda

• juliet11
    15 years ago

Those are all gorgeous, especially Wild Cherry Roundup! You're lucky to be getting so many blooms from new plants!

Juliet

• rarejem
    15 years ago

Very pretty blooms! I really like Wild Cherry Roundup. I too am amazed that you are getting blooms from August purchases, but am happy for you and happy that you can share them with us!

Julie

• tweetypye
    15 years ago

Gorgeous blooms and photos...love BIC and WCR. Thanks for sharing.
    Jan

• shive
    15 years ago

I enjoyed your photos! Blue In The Face has a great eye!

Debra

• organic_kitten
    15 years ago

I love them! I am so glad I have WCR in my order. I absolutely love Best in Class!
    kay

• carefreeplants_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Blue in the Face is a nice surprise, with such bigger than 6" flowers.

This is Wild Cherry Roundup's third flower, and the first time it opened flat. It is really outstanding, with the round form, strong ruffled edge lined with gold wire glitter. A lot of wonderful details and features on this one.

My favorite is Best in Class -- to me, it is like a perfect flower. The more I look at it, the more I wonder how picture perfect the bloom form is. And the color is more of elegant rich red. I couldn't stop taking photos of it -- took more than 20. It is a small flower of about 5", but it still stands out from across the yard.

Enjoying them now this late in the season because next year, the bloom time will be at the regular schedule. I wonder what bloom fertilizer Maryott Garden uses?

Thank you all.

Bj

• mlwgardener
    15 years ago

Hi BJ, WOWOWOWOW!! I just love red and Best in Class is a beauty. What zone are you in?? I've read many times here that Maryotts is a great place to buy from and your plants seem to really confirm this.

Blue in the Face is a beauty also. I've been smitten with the pattern eyes this year. I may have to add a few next year.

I have no idea why I didn't purchas Wild Cherry Roundup last year when I had the extra money. I've been admiring it's beauty all year long. It seems to be an exceptional plant. Does anyone know if it is a good pod setter??

They are all beautiful. Your photos are great!! I would enjoy more photos of them, so please share when you have the time.

Blessings to all, Mona

• carefreeplants_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you Mona.

I am in zone 7a -- Northern Virginia.

Thanks to the forum, I have purchased lots of Maryott plants. For me, Bill Maryott is the best of the best! I think he cares about daylilies and he cares about the customers.

Maryott's raised their daylilies so that they will have a chance of blooming during the same year of purchase. It means a lot to me to experience the bloom this early as I have been through a miserable 3-year wait for the Daring Deception that I bought from a club store 5 years ago.

I have counted about 16 scapes from those planted last August 15. Yesterday, I saw a scape from 'World Permiere'. The first flower on 'Spring Formal' opened this morning, but not fully. I will check and see later if it opens some more.

These flowers just bring so much good feelings. Perhaps this is the reason why Daylilies are so enticing!

Bj

• ladylovingdove
    15 years ago

Awwwwwwww they are so pretty. Isn't it exciting to get bloom from new ones, its like they waited just for you.
    I like all three. Good luck.

Dot

• newyorkrita
    15 years ago

They are all beautiful and of course best is that they are blooming for you now. Maryotts is the best. Can't go wrong there.

• carefreeplants_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thank you Dot. thank you Rita.
    Really love them blooms. Wish there is a way to preserve the flowers.

Spring Formal cooperated by opening a bit more

It has gold wire edging and gold dusting all over, especially the sepals.

Bj

• carefreeplants_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

oops...instead of gold dusting, it should be diamond dusting. :)

Bj

• mikesc
    15 years ago

I have ordered from Maryott and think they're great!
    Thanks for your pics of Best in Class--I have seen the picture and wondered if it could be that pretty: you've confirmed it!

Mike

• carefreeplants_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Mike,

You might find Best in Class as actually much nicer than the picture.

And this is the newly planted bloom. I can only imagine how it will look once it gets established.

I am also eagerly anticipating Bill Maryott's future intros. It is beginning to look like we haven't seen anything yet.

Bj

• organic_kitten
    15 years ago

Bill Maryott is terrific. Have you seen the orange ones he has as possible future releases? If he doesn't release those two it will be a waste! They are gorgeous! They aren't the only ones either. His purples are to die for.

kay

• carefreeplants_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I agree with you, Kay. Already looking forward to Bill Maryott's future intros, I am now allocating yard space to those, as grass area is rapidly disappearing.
    My favorites are the purples and seedling F427A, described as 'How Beautiful Heaven Must Be' in spectrum red!

Bj

• tweetypye
    15 years ago

BJ....I've got my eye on that seedling too....red is a favorite of mine, and that one is about the most gorgeous shade of red ever. I sure hope he intros it soon. :)
    He has so many possible intros that are just beauties, I'm anxious to see what he's offering for 09.
    Jan

• tjhemmer
    15 years ago

Love them all, but Best in Class takes the trophy today.

Tom

• carefreeplants_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thank you Tom.

Best is Class is blooming again today.

I am tempted to collect and freeze the pollen and dab it on everything on site come June 2009 bloom season. Don't know if that will work... :)

Bj

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida