Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
don_in_colorado

Finally Here!

don_in_colorado
11 years ago

THIS is how I know Spring has really arrived in Colorado; it's a Tulip, and THAT means Hosta pips will be here any SECOND! Whooopie!!

Cheers,
Don B.
Warm in Westland, CO.

Comments (9)

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    11 years ago

On a related note.... March 14th was my 44th. birthday, and I have to admit, judging from these gifts, my wife DOES appreciate my efforts in the garden....I will have to upgrade her to 'Enabler' status after all....can't wait to start planting this good stuff. Happy birthday to me, indeed. :) AND she ordered me 4 Hosta from Hallson Gardens...Yay!

Delighted Don B.
    Westminster, CO.
    4:05 A.M. and it's 50 degrees, love it

• Ludicious Acres
    11 years ago

A very Happy Birthday to you Don !!! :)

WOW ⦠what a woman, I mean enabler.

I think it is adorable how you lined everything up for a photo shoot to show all your hosta friends.

My first trip last year to the local Garden Center, I remember thinking to myslef . . .

I gotta show everyone what I bought . . . hehe . . . here is the pic actually . . . nostalgia :)

Glad to be a be a part of your virtual celebration. :)

Ludi

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Ludi; Yup, I had to show my stuff to 'The Ones I Knew Would Care'

Nice plants, I hope you see 'em real soon. Those are great varieties, I wish MY local garden center had a selection like that!

Don B.

• User
    11 years ago

Happy birthday, Don. Sorry I missed the exact day, but I see you snagged some nice presents. I note the dragonflies. And that is a very comely flower pot, colored like oil rubbed bronze with a textured finish. The plant selections seem to be perfect to set off the favored jewels of the garden, your hosta.

• bkay2000
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday!

Nice haul.

bk

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

Belated Happy Birthday Don. Lucky lucky you. (And what a smart wife - choosing gifts that she will get to enjoy too.) I do hope the weather is conducive to using all those goodies SOON.
    Jan

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

Belated happy birthday, Don! What an exciting day for you! Wish my husband were as smart as your wife! Just think of the fun that you will have. Enjoy.

Cynthia

• irawon
    11 years ago

Sorry, I missed your thread on Friday. Happy belated birthday, Don. We have 3 things in common. Birth date, hostaholism and families who're not urging rehab. Your wife did real good with those gifts. Glad to see mother nature sent you something too.

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, everyone!

Don B.