Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
allan4519

Oz images

12 years ago

Hi all, have been away for a few days so these images were taken a few days ago, also has been windy, cool & overcast. Not good weather for images though great for daylily rust...... :o(

Daylily; Carefree Sunset (Stamile P.)

{{gwi:988512}}

Daylily J.T. Davis (Grace)

{{gwi:988513}}

Daylily Roses In Snow seedling;

{{gwi:988514}}

Daylily bed looking a little worse for ware?

{{gwi:988515}}

Some images of perennial Petunias growing on my verandah;

Soft Pink petunia;

{{gwi:988516}}

'Blue moods' Petunia;

{{gwi:988517}}

Dark Pink Petunia;

{{gwi:988518}}

Petunia "Hot Lips";

{{gwi:988519}}

Dahlia images (late flowering this season due to cold spring though now making up for lost time;

Formby Art;

{{gwi:988520}}

Bracken Palomino;

{{gwi:988521}}

A waterlily dahlia; "Camio", to see these flowers in the flesh they look like water lilies as they face upwards on the bush;

{{gwi:988523}}

An image of main dahlia bed, showing plants at all different stages of early growth;

{{gwi:988525}}

This last image is taken from my front verandah looking into the fields with cows grazing, quiet & very relaxing.

{{gwi:988526}}

cheers allan

Comments (11)

• 12 years ago

Just beautiful! The daylilies are beautiful, but your planters of petunias are gorgeous. The dahlias are wonderful too, I've grown Formby Art & loved it. I left it in the ground last year though. I've had dahlias overwinter in ground before, but of course last year was really harsh. Reminds me that I need to get one next spring, really pretty one. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos.

• 12 years ago

I like your RITS seedling. Very nice. Your petunias look very nice, I especially like the one 'Blue Moods'. I don't grow a lot of bulbs but always put in a few dahlias in. I really like Camio and Formby Art, will have to look for those in the spring. Great pictures as usual. Marg
    P.S. Love your flag!

• 12 years ago

Since the season is long over here I haven't been checking in, but I'm sure glad I did today. Your flowers are gorgeous and it is so nice to see daylilies blooming somewhere.
    Val

• 12 years ago

wow, your gardens are very pretty with the daylilies and Dalhis'd,its soo good to see some blooms some where.Thanks you for posting these really nice pictures,

Jean

• 12 years ago

Your photos are very enjoyable and appreciated...thank you for sharing with us! I especially like the last shot of the cows grazing. You have a wonderful little peace of heaven there.

Celeste

• 12 years ago

Nice shots, I can feel the sunshine. The cows grazing is very peaceful. The daylilies are great, but the petunia, Blue Moods, is very stunning. Thanks for posting. cindy

• 12 years ago

Like those clump shots! I'm probably dense, but the netting is for? Countryside looks lush. Has rainfall been above average?

• 12 years ago

Hi all, thank you again for all the compliments, today has been an overcast cool day hence the images are a little dull, though thought I would put them up on the web all the same.

Marg, the flag (Jolly Rodger - Pirate flag) is my symbol for freedom, bit of a joke, though most of the locals like it as well as myself...... lol

the first image is showing the overcast day, viewed from the front verandah;
    {{gwi:988527}}

I spent some time cleaning up the dead foliage today on my daylily bed;
    {{gwi:988528}}

Another view of same garden;
    {{gwi:988529}}

A small garden near my daylily bed;
    {{gwi:988530}}

Another of my perennial petunia plants;
    {{gwi:988532}}

Two bromeliads out of my collection (needed an image of the pink one for future reference);
    {{gwi:988535}}

Another view of the dahlia garden showing the overcast sky;
    {{gwi:988538}}

The next images are of some dahlia flowers out today;
    Pink Cactus dahlia (forgot to check the name?);
    {{gwi:988540}}

this next dahlia is not a water lily dahlia though has the same form, only for a water lily dahlia the flowers must face upwards not sideways. This dahlia is Formby Quest;
    {{gwi:988543}}

This last flower is a bonus dahlia from my supplier called Kiara Louise, pitty it has foliage problem at present though the flower is quite pretty;
    {{gwi:988546}}

Am holding a garden party this next week end, hence am trying to make the gardens look tidy & fresh????
    The weather forecast says rain for the next 5 days? so am hoping the long range forecast is incorrect????

cheers allan

• 12 years ago

I love the dahlias! All 3 of them are so pretty I can't decide which I like better. The perennial petunia is such a lovely color. In the fourth picture, is that an old bathtub? Are you using it for a water feature? What do you grow in it? That's a beautiful view from your porch, I love the scenic shots. I hope the rain holds off til after your garden party. Marg

• 12 years ago

It is so nice to see bloom since we are so far past that with frequent freezes. Your dahlias are especially lovely.
    kay

• 12 years ago

I usually don't check in much over the winter, but would have hated to miss your pictures. Such a bucolic setting for all those beautiful flowers. And what variety! I have no luck with Dahlias so really love the pictures of those. The white Camio is so crisp and clean looking, and the bloom on Kiara Louise has a color I'd like to duplicate in a rose. What is the tall lily you are growing?.....Maryl