G Bed panorama

{{gwi:1039502}}

H Bed panorama ...

{{gwi:1039503}}

ken

Comments (34)

• bernergarden
    14 years ago

Ken, I am left speechless. You have certainly given me some inspiration. Your gardens are laid out perfectly and the Hosta plants are virtually perfect. Wow! Share more pics! I must make it a point to visit you sometime.
    Daniel

• woodthrush
    14 years ago

Gorgeous, just gorgeous
    Pam

• treemon
    14 years ago

Wow Ken! Now I really wish I could get to the convention. Please post more pics.

Mark

• Babka NorCal 9b
    14 years ago

Wow, wow, wow! It looks like you live in a park. Simply beautiful.

-Babka

• Lee
    14 years ago

Very very nice.. makes my A-Z beds looks minuscule LOL!!!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Ken, what you have created is simply magnificent. I am awed.

Tracy

• loisflan
    14 years ago

Your beds are magnificent, Ken. They are proof that you really know your hosta. You speak so casually about hosta - they're hosta, throw them on the driveway, water them, ignore them. But your beds belie that "devil may care" attitude. Beautiful gardens!

• jennaj_z4mn
    14 years ago

Beautiful gardens Ken!!! If you need to adopt a 33 year old and 3 young kids...let me know!! ;) LOL! Thanks for sharing!

• Janice
    14 years ago

Or you could adopt a 62-yr. old--sort of an adopt-an-aunt program?

Very beautiful ken!! Thank you for letting us see your 'stuff'!!! :o)

In the first pic.--when you look beyond the gardens, to the left--it almost looks like water beyond.
    Is it a pond or lake or a stretch of sand, or maybe a winding road or a landing field/air strip?? ;o)

Really beautiful hosta park you have there!!

• maozamom NE Ohio
    14 years ago

Fantastic! Awe Inspiring.

I've been teasing my Dh that we need to buy some acreage for my hosta. Maybe your gardens will convince him.

mao

• critter-ridder
    14 years ago

Hardly any adjectives left to describe your beds. I agree with all the above! Thanks for sharing.

Queenie

• Carole Westgaard
    14 years ago

Since I can't get there, Ken, PLEASE post more pics!

Westy

• cinlo
    14 years ago

What a wonderful, peaceful place you have! I can't imagine the hours you've invested in it. I'm sure it was a lot of work and pleasure for you.

• indymom76
    14 years ago

Oh. My. Goodness. What spectacular pictures! I love love love them!! You've definitely given me inspiration!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

• noxtra
    14 years ago

I'll be there Friday......Looks as if there is plenty to drool over!

Lee

• fayemo
    14 years ago

Fantastic! I wish we were not so far away so that we could visit. Perhaps someday!!!

• sidney1515
    14 years ago

Wozers Ken! Absolutely beautiful! More pictures would be nice. . hint hint. . .lol

• mctavish6
    14 years ago

Absolutely amazing. How I wish I could be there and see it in person. I was on a local garden tour yesterday (will post pictures later). I was pleasantly surprised to actually see hostas (a couple with HVX). My friends all think I'm crazy and obcessed but by comparison - you make me feel kind of normal! Myrle

• alexis717_df
    14 years ago

It's a good thing everyone as already said all that can be said because I am left speechless. Absolutely awe inspiring.

Alexis

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    Original Author
    14 years ago

mryle.. i doubt you will ever be normal ... LOL ...

thank you all for the kind words ....

there are two other beds like this .... but i dont have the time to mess around with all that... the hardest part is when the bed is half sun.. half shade ... i just happened to be walking by these at just the right moment in time ... with the camera.. and thought of the stitch function ... and had the time to mess with it ... 90 degrees and 99% humidity ... will drive even me to the basement ...

ken

PS: do keep in mind.. there isnt a single one of you who i am NOT jealous of... a plant i cant grow.. a camera i dont have.. a century old cabin i want ... a mountain view ... etc .... ITS ALL ABOUT THE PASSION .... eh

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Ken,
    Where are you located in zone 5 ?
    Are you having a garden walk this Friday?Sounds likt it.
    I would Love,LoVE,LOVE,to come.Your grounds are breath taking,truley beautiful.
    cAROL

• jel48
    14 years ago

Your gardens are just gorgeous, Ken. Wish I could be there to do the walk through too!

• Kat SE Wisconsin z5
    14 years ago

You've done such a great job on your gardens. The time and energy it must have taken and still takes to keep it this way.
    Thanks for sharing!

Kat

• nchostaqueen
    14 years ago

Wow Ken! I wish I was going to the AHS convention this year to see your garden in person.

Wonderful job!

Deb

• waynet
    14 years ago

Truly AWESOME!!! Wayne

• hostared
    14 years ago

Very, Very nice Ken...I like the fact that you used the log timbers to outline were people will be walking. Hopefully they stay on the given path.

Very peaceful.

• paul_in_mn
    14 years ago

Ken, Thanks for posting the pics. Hope you have good weather for the tours. Let us know how the tours went.

Paul

• Carole Westgaard
    14 years ago

I want a birds eye view. Could you do a helicopter shoot? I want to see how the whole place is laid out. It looks like this is one enormous circle, right? With many trees in the center and hostas on the outside? I wish I could get there!!! I know you moved 1,500 from your former residence - how many have you added since then? Amazing....

Westy

PS But I see two holes in one of them. Makes me feel better.

• pzelko
    14 years ago

Ken that is Awsome!! Great garden you have there!! BUT I do see that you have plenty of room for more Hosta!!

LOL

Paul

• lisasmall
    14 years ago

I can't do anything but drool.

• whirlwind_5bia
    14 years ago

Ken,

In the 2nd photo... on the far left, on the edge of the bed... leaves look like a MAPLE.... OMG!! Say it isn't so! Or is it a young Sycamore??? Can't see the leaves very well...very suspicious indeed!!! ;-) Kate

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    Original Author
    14 years ago

tulip poplar.. which isnt a poplar...

its days might be numbered ...

ken

• evermore_gw z 4/5 NB
    14 years ago

Not only fantabulous, but you've got room for more!

• koidom
    14 years ago

Thanks for the pictures ken...