Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
firefightergardener

Shots from above(only my hostas are harder to find!)

Well, I risked my life and climbed around my roof to take a few shots of my various beds. Actually at one point I slowly lost my footing and the battle with gravity and slid right to the gutters, raking my fingers into the shingles before I stopped moving. Then I took a blurry photograph! lol...

While my hostas are almost all small and won't appear prominently until my maples get taller, I wanted to share some photos anyways because it's always interesting to see someone else's garden layout.

I hope you enjoy.

-Will

Comments (15)

• User
    13 years ago

Wow! :-)

• nutmeg4061
    13 years ago

Is there an emoticon for "speechless"?

=:O

• tomahawkclaim
    13 years ago

Thank you for risking your life. Your yard is glorious. Your plantings, beautiful. I'm in awe of your paths. Nance

• Cher
    13 years ago

As alwasy Will your gardens are lovely and you take such great care of them.
    Cher

• tepelus
    13 years ago

Wow! They look fantastic! You put in a lot of time and energy to do all of that. You did great. And, also, thank you for risking life and limb for those great shots.

Karen

• newhostaaddict
    13 years ago

HOLY Conifers,,,lol,,,that sure looks like a nice collection

and Will,,,did i forget to mention,,,the pitch on our roof is NOT steep??

sure glad you didn't go over the edge...better wear some grippers next time

but i know you will be glad to have the aerial shots

jill

• hostaholic2 z 4, MN
    13 years ago

Wow! Thanks for risking life and limb.

• Teresa_MN
    13 years ago

I admire the work you do...... both on the job and in the garden. It's beautiful. I think in a couple of years your garden will be like mine......... over crowded!

Teresa

• schoolb1
    13 years ago

Your gardens are awesome,now stay off the roof!!!LOL ,Judy

• calicocat1967
    13 years ago

Absolutely beautiful ! Love all the color combinations. And just imagine what it will look like next year and the years after. So nice and full.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Kim

• jel48
    13 years ago

Your garden layout is beautiful and you are a brave soul going up on the roof to take picks! I think I'll stick with taking mine out the laundry room window :-)

• i-like-to-grow
    13 years ago

you remind me of myself... but with more money lol

• hostasformez4
    13 years ago

Will, will you adopt me so I can spend time just walking around your beautiful garden? My hubby will supply the one way ticket to get there ! lol

Connie

• firefightergardener
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the comments! :) I realize that a garden of love isn't nearly as exciting unless you can share it with fellow gardeners. I'm a single guy with a modest income but my budget is pretty much jammed into my gardening efforts which have basically caused my wallet to be real light for the first two years in the hobby.

I subscribe to the 'The best time to plant a hosta(tree, etc) is twenty years ago, the next best time is today". Well, in my view this justifies 'extending oneself' a little bit to acquire the plants you want today so you can watch them grow tomorrow. I am also fanatical about hobbies: when I started 'collecting hostas', I went out and bought several hundred in a few weeks.

Almost all of my plants are what I refer to as 'legacy plants' in that they are most likely to still be growing and becoming more beautiful even after I have passed on. All the more reason to invest as much time and energy as I can while I am still relatively young.

Maybe some of you folks can visit in person some day! :)

-Will

• shade_tolerant
    13 years ago

Will, absolutely super shots of your garden. I'm not sure there are enough hours in the day to do all you did, great job!