Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

A few more photos from the garden

hosenemesis
12 years ago

I think my garden is peaking. Here are a few shots of it in the last two days.

This is my new rose, Symphony (aka Allux Symphony). I bought two bands last year.

Henry Fonda has been like a supernova this year.

{{gwi:529614}}

Marmalade Skies

{{gwi:529611}}

Julia Child:

{{gwi:529613}}

Bishop's Castle. I'll take more pics as the blooms open.

Bonus irises- Plum Pretty Whiskers.

{{gwi:529612}}

Renee

Comments (15)

• inga007

An absolute delight.

• inga007

An absolute delight.

• inga007

An absolute delight.

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    12 years ago

Your pictures are downright beautiful. You have great color contrasts in the whole-view garden shots. The yellows vs. the blue-purples and the oranges vs. the whites and blues show up beautifully. Very nice.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

I see what you mean by the scarlet reds and white--I love them! But I bet you could find a place to squeeze in a dark red with white also--maybe a Chrysler Imperial? It doesn't take too much room. Or some of the small dark red David Austins would work also.

Love your iris and foxglove! And the Symphony rose--first time I've ever seen a picture of it.

Oh heck, all the plants are lovely. Hard to pick out a favorite. LOL

Kate

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Sooooo beautiful Renee!!!!! I always feel I'm walking through Heaven, seeing your garden. Every companion plant chosen is just drop-dead gorgeous....I'm just totally floored by the wonderful variations of purple, plum, deep violets and pinks. Such a masterpiece.

I'm also really enjoying Henry Fonda and Julia Child too. Just Explosively Impressive!

• queenbee_1
    12 years ago

Beautiful! One more time..what is the name of the little daisy?

• msjam2
    12 years ago

Holy moly, what a beautiful garden!!

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

The irises and roses are magnificent!

• stealthecrumbs
    12 years ago

My gosh, your garden takes my breath away. It has such a complex and layered look... sort of like a house whose decor has evolved over time and is filled with treasures that hold great meaning for the owner! I love seeing your color combinations and what great juxtapositions of height, texture and color! Bravo!!!!

• jeffcat
    12 years ago

What is the white perennial around the roses there? How long of a bloom period do you get out of it. The name is just escaping me at the moment. I really like how you incorporated the "tropical color" of Marmalade Skies as a soft yet vibrant contrast to the purples, blues, and yellows. Once again, digitalis shows it's merit popping out and adding a lovely amount of color. Have you tried larkspur or liatris spicata in your garden as well?

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, Jeff, I have lilac and white larkspur about ready to bloom, and liatris blooms later, in front of Marmalade Skies. We think alike!

The little white flowers are annual Paludosum daisies. They will last until the first real heat spell in May here. Then there is nakedness. I don't post photos of that :)

Renee

• suebelle_neworleans
    12 years ago

These photos look like something I would see in a gardening magazine. So Lovely !!

Suebelle

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

I keep coming back and viewing your garden. I'm so taken with your plums/purples/violets contrasting with Julia Childs. Outstanding color combination. The others are great also, but I'm so impressed with plums.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Aw, Renee, your garden is just amazing!!!!