Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hummingbirddaisy

UPDATE: 4 for 4 Plant Swap, 2 packs of seeds, w/ a bonus! :-)

hummingbirddaisy
18 years ago

List posted on original thread of partners.

I look forward to watching everyone posting what they have received!

See you all in the gardens.

Blessings, Tina

Comments (40)

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Is anyone still interested in this RR?
    I have noticed (obviously) that each of my posts gets NO response. I have to ask this, is it because of the conflict between me and another GW trader that happened last month? That whole situation has me paranoid. I'm just happy that not ALL people believe everything they read.

Well, OK.
    Thanks anyway.
    Blessings, Tina

• sweety13
    18 years ago

I am still here! I just have been busy trying to figure out what I am sending, be patient, you just posted and emailed the names!! :) Now go have some tea or something, lol, Plus it was 80 degrees out so I wasn't inside, hopefully everyone else is getting a little more summer too. YIPPEE!!

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LoL, I am just a worrywort. Thank you for putting my mind at ease. I'm terrible about worrying about things, even if they aren't worth worrying about.

We had a 92 degree day here today. Tomorrow's high is 72 and rain.

Happy Fall everyone!
    Tina

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Sorry, didn't realize you were waiting for a post here. Thanks for organizing. I have my name and will be getting the box together.
    Susan

• TakingRoot
    18 years ago

Thanks for hosting this RR.....I received my partner's name and will gathering things over the weekend.

Jaye

• wynative
    18 years ago

I also have been busy trying to figure out what I am sending.

Efrosty - I will be sending you box out Monday morning!

Marie

• Araillia
    18 years ago

I'm still here too. I've been gone on vacation for the past week so I wasn't aware you had posted an update. I'll be getting a box ready to send to rosebud as soon as I hear that she is still in the exchange.

Ara

• rosebud_2050
    18 years ago

Hi Ara
    Iam still in the exchange.I am still locating some surprises for my partner .hope to mail by Monday...this is soooooo much fun and thank you for hosting Tina.

shirley

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

WYnative i will try to get my box out after work monday so they are not in the hot sun all day..sorry i haven't posted lately,i have been working alot of over time and i've been fighting off getting sick...

• Melinda Hagen
    18 years ago

Hello! I am still here also! Hoping to send my box out tomorrow! Thanks for hosting. Will let everyone know when I get my goodies! thanks, Melinda

• garden_fever_girl
    18 years ago

Sorry Tina -- I hadn't gotten an email, and had been really busy so I hadn't checked my posts here to see who my partner was-- got an email from my partner last night and we are set to go. I'm hoping to get my package out tommorrow or the next day --sorry for the late reply and thanks for organizing this whole thing! I'm really looking forward to trading!

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

sorry i haven't shipped yet.. just posting, i am behind and not feeling well lately.. sorry pal again, but i have not forgot you....erica

• neonposey
    18 years ago

Im not in your swap...and am not sure what happened with you and the other GW member, but I thought I'd tell you that I'm not mad at you either......

(hope my lady with her big scary man hands made you smile!)

• wynative
    18 years ago

No problem Erica - The weather was crappy over the weekend so I didn't get some of your's dug or mailed out yesterday. They are going out this afternoon and I'll post the confer. # when I know it.

Hope you get to feeling better!
    Marie

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Laura and all,
    Just wanted to let y'all know my package is prepared and will be going out tomorrow. Postman is scheduled to pick up at my door. This is a very cool service the post office has!! Print your postage online, get free delivery confirmation AND they come pick it up at your request for no extra charge. Great for those boxes too large to put in a mailbox. Do all of you ladies know about this? The delivery confirmation # is 0103 8555 7496 5965 8543. Hope everything arrives in good shape. It's gotten a bit cooler here, so hopefully it won't suffer too much from heat between here and there.
    Susan

• wynative
    18 years ago

Erica, here is your confirmation #0305 0830 0004 0710 8885

Susan - that is a great service except that my PO guy only comes during lunch when nobody is at my office :(

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

marie, your box went out today sorry i do not have the con# with me..at the libary my computer crashed..i'll try to get it to you so...erica

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Marie...they even have a solution for you not being there. You can designate a place for them to pick it up, like at the front door, back door, reception desk, mailroom, etc. But of course that would only work if you have a location that is basically secure. I just leave mine right outside of the front door of my house. If it was something worth more I might worry about it, but for plants I will take my chances. They leave a pickup notification stating how many packages they picked up.

• TakingRoot
    18 years ago

Package went out to my partner today Priority Mail Confirmation number # 035 0830 0003 4735 5820. Should be received by Saturday.

Hope she likes everything!

Thanks,

J

• garden_fever_girl
    18 years ago

Well-- Susan I got your package today and I'm soo excited about the contents! I just can't thank you enough. I sent mine out on Wednesday --so you should be recieving soon. Let me know how things arrive-hopefully safe and sound. It's like you read my mind and sent me all these wonderful plants. I got so many wonderful starts -- I just don't know where to start.
    An incredible burgundy crysanthemum,
    All kinds of daylilies (Ice dance, Ice Carnival, Sugar Candy, Kaffer lillies)
    All the flowers for my white garden-- oh when I opened the box -- I could smell that wonderful white yarrow- ( just love that smell) and feverfew is so beatiful, and I have really fallen in love with lamiums this year- we have a pale pink one and the yelloweyed grass sounds soo pretty.
    Iris are my most favorite flower of all --so I'm dying to look up all the new varieties and find homes for them. And crocosmia, and hardy geranium, and even the dahlias I've been dying for! I'm just beaming from ear to ear-- and then a wonderful pack of seeds-- and playing cards for the kids and some pretty soaps and a fairy notebook. Well -- I hope I did as well at pleasing you with your package. It was soo generous of you to share all your beauties with me! And thank you - thank you from the bottom of my plant addicted little heart!

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Oh I am so glad you enjoyed the box!! I added extra plants because I didn't really have a good "surprise" so I figured that would be a nice surprise! I have been digging, dividing and rearranging, so this swap caught me just at the right time. I hope everything does well in your garden and that they perk up fast!! Most of all I sent I got myself in trades last fall. Talk about pass-a-long plants!! Making their way across the country. These trades are so much fun. I have as much fun putting the boxes together as I do opening my own. Looking forward to seeing what I got though too!! :-). I will let you know when it arrives,
    Susan

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

hi, everyone.. sorry i haven't posted lately my computer crashed...i received my packages a couple of days ago.. i got yellow mum,moses in a cradle,purple iris,daylilys..a very cute garden pal figurine.it looks alot like me-but i need a hat though..lol love it.. and seeds--yellow hibiscus,scarlet o'hara morning glory,noah MG,small hosta,medium hosta,large hosta..i want to think you so much i loved everything..
    i wanted to send my pal a stepping stone that i made, but it was not ready in time.. but i hope what i sent you was ok..have a great week erica

• wynative
    18 years ago

Yippy, mine have arrived!!

I recieved:
    PLANTS~
    2 Low growing Potentilla Aurea - Yellow blooms ~ perfect for where I use to have a couple of geranium's potted that have been moved to the Secret Garden/Grape Vine 'out-door-room'.
    Ruby Red Tickseed ~ needed more red!
    Orange Trumpet vine ~ this will be great for end of my house!

SEEDS ~
    Milky Way Moringig Glory's & White Hibiscus ~ More prettys for the Secret Garden.

The Bonus ~ A VERY cute iron on transfer with a Teddy Bear over a US flag that say's, "GOD Bless America".

Thanks soooo much Erica - I love everything you picked for me. I would have loved the stepping stone also - hint, hint ;) just for future referance...

Glad to hear that you liked what I picked for you!
    Have a great week everyone,
    Marie

• Melinda Hagen
    18 years ago

Hello! I rec'd a great package from TakingRoot on Saturday! Thanks a million! Had Paul Bryan daylily, hosta, sedum, and cannas. Was thrilled!! Also some wonderful seeds, a beautiful daily planner book(loved it!), wonderful set of candles. Thanks so much and I really enjoyed and have planted already.
    I am also sorry I had not sent your package yet. I had alot of unexpected things last week and not able to get to it yet. So sorry, but it will be coming. Hopefully plan to send in am or Wednesday. I will post when I send and please forgive the delay! Melinda

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Yeahhhhh!!!!!!! I got my package! Thanks so much Laura. It was like Christmas in October :-). I had just finished planting about 30 plants I got in a recent local swap and was cleaning up and my mother who happens to be visiting for a few days came out the door and said your not finished yet! She had a big box from the postman. She was excited to see what was in the box too. I got some wonderful blue plants--love them!! Your "mystery" blue flower is a spiderwort Laura. I have a similar one, but the foliage on this one is a different color, so I am looking forward to seeing if the bloom is different as well. I was excited about the blue flax. It looks lovely in pictures. I am excited about the blue iris as well. Portulaca is one of my favorite flowers. I had the perfect spot for them in one of the beds I was working and rearranging in. Plopped them right in. And wooohoo..love the grape hyacinth bulbs. Something to look forward to in the spring. Thanks so much for my surprises as well. The body cream smells divine and I slathered it all over myself after my bath today....mmmm. Can't wait to try the plum jam!!!!!!!!!!!!! Homemade is the best. Great package!!!!!! Thanks to Tina also for hosting.

• Melinda Hagen
    18 years ago

Just wanted TakingRoot to know that his package was mailed this am-Conf.#-0304 1560 0004 2914 4733. Hope he enjoys it as well As I did his! Thanks again, Melinda

• sweety13
    18 years ago

Tina,
    Your box went out today, sorry it took me so long, but my house has been plagued with head and chest colds!! I hope you like everything, thanks for hosting the swap, and looking forward to my box to arrive too :) Steph

• sweety13
    18 years ago

Forgot to put it #0305 0830 0004 1613 4301 Steph

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Just wanted to touch base and let ya'll know that no, I have not fallen off the face of the earth, smiles.
    Sweety13, I will be sending out your box very soon.
    Thank you everyone for joining my RR.
    I am so happy to see that everyone is enjoying it.

Tina

• TakingRoot
    18 years ago

Hi All,

Can I just say that I have received the most WONDERFUL box of goodies.....OHHHH MYYYYYY GOOOODNESS!

Had to post immediately!!

I just came in from running errands today, I was tired of driving and my dog died yesterday, so I have been a bit sad the last few days and then there was this BIG box sitting on my kitchen island.....

I immediately opened it and WOW what a BOX!!!

I received from ilovefara:

Medio Variegata Hosta
    Dragon's Blood Sedum ( oh how I have been wanting this!)
    Miss Nancy Lamium (pink and purple flowers, my favorite color is purple)
    Aztec Gold Daylily (love it!)
    Virginia Waterleaf (I know just where to put this, in my mom's and brother's bed I dedicated to them)
    Wild Columbine (also going in the dedication bed)
    Large Fern's & small ferns (I have gotten into those in the last few years and love them)
    Stiletto Hosta (I have been wanting this like, uh, forever)
    A BEAUTIFUL toad house (too, precious, goes in the front yard for all to see)
    A BUTT LOAD of Flower, Herbs and Vegetable seeds!

All I can say is you have made my day!!:)
    All I could keep saying is WOW, everytime I went to open something else!

You have totally outdone yourself!

I will have a permanant smile on my face for the rest of the weekend!!:)

Thank you, doesn't seem to be enough!

This is the BEST box I have received in quite along time!!

My heart is full right now!

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH,

WITH MUCH GRATITUDE AND APPRECTIATION!

Jaye

AWESOME!!

• sweety13
    18 years ago

Tina,
    I am hoping you got my package, they said it would be delivered Sat? plmk, steph :)

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I am so late posting, please forgive me.
    I received my lovely box from Sweety last week.
    In it was
    hosta, blue iris, burgundy gaillardia, var. sedum, a box of maricle grow plant food!!!, a froggy keychain, an awesome pair of gloves, and two packs of seeds, arizona sun and white swan echinacea. Thank you so much Steph!
    I love everything.
    I am, as usual, running behind. Your box will be goingout either Sat. or Monday morning.
    I hope you enjoy your box as much as I enjoyed mine.
    Thank you.

Tina

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Steph,
    Did your package come yet? I hope it comes soon. I know its hard waiting when everyone else has gotten theirs! Hang in there,
    Susan

• sweety13
    18 years ago

Hi Susan,
    I got an email yesterday from Tina, and they are having some hardships, so I told her she could wait until Spring. It is too cold here to plant things now I fear, as we have had select frost areas the last few nights :( Thanks for checking though, I can wait til Spring. :) Steph

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Stephanie,
    I am sorry to hear you won't be getting your package anytime soon. I'm sure you were looking forward to it. I hope you won't give up on round robins though. If you email me your addy I would like to send you a couple of things if you are still able to dig in the garden.
    Susan

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Susan,
    I have just PRIVATELY e-mailed you.
    Steph IS getting a box with things she can plant now, etc.
    Thanks for your concern however.
    Tina

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Hi all,
    Just wanted to say I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my last post. I didn't mean to imply in any way that you weren't going to send something Tina. In fact I thought you were...just that it would be in the Spring as Steph said. Either way....I had good intentions and was in a position to send somethings now as I am digging lots of perennials at the moment. Offer still stands Steph. Thanks all for a fun trade.
    Susan

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Susan,
    Please forgive me for being short with you?
    I don't know what else to say, except I've just been a terrible person and I am so sorry, to everyone.
    Am taking a big break from GW, will still send my rr's out. and have a few outstanding trades left yet to fullfill, but I won't be doing any new trades or robins for awhile. Hopefully in a few months, I'll have my head on straight again, and I will be welcomed back here.
    Thank you everyone for joining my RR. You are all such great people. Enjoy the holiday season approaching, and may God Bless each one of you.

THanks for everything,
    Tina

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    18 years ago

Tina,
    No need for apologies to me...it was just a misunderstanding. I just hope your life looks up soon and that things get back to normal for you and your family. See you on the Gardenweb and God bless,
    Susan

• sweety13
    18 years ago

I got a nice package today from Tina. It had some houseplant starts and some bulbs, which I hopefully will plant on Sunday as it is supposed to be nice, although snow tonight! Yuck :0 There were some nice goodies in ther for my house, candle and some fabulous incense which I am burning right now! A bulb hole digger, and some seeds, baggies and plant markers too! And a magazine for my downtime when feeding my baby, yipee :) Thanks Tina, no worries about taking longer, stuff happens, and I loved my package! Hope things are better for your family, loss of a loved one is all consuming, and I hope you are feeling better. Steph