Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hazelnutbunny

new: obf october *hallmark moments*

hazelnutbunny
14 years ago

In this month's swap, we will keep it simple, yet meaningful.

Instead of sending a box, we will be sending CARDS.

Every lady will have the enjoyment of sending to 2 other ladies (this means every lady playing this month will send & receive 2 cards each). The cards can be homemade, store bought or a simple postcard....whatever you would like. The ONLY stipulation I will put on this swap is that they should be specifically chosen for the lady you are sending to. (if she likes cats, you could pick a card with a cat picture...that sort of thing) Let your imagination be your guide.

Here's the only catch....I will NOT post partners. This will be a secret swap. I will emailcolor> you with WHO you are sending to. When you send out your cards, you may post that you have done so...but PLEASE DO NOT post who you have sent them to.

I'd like this to be a surprise for everyone.

You will have the entire month of October to send your cards out.color> I want this to be as non-stress as possible for everyone.

When you receive your cards, please post & let everyone know who sent to you & what they chose to send.

Remember- keep it simple, yet meaningful.

Melissacolor>size>

Comments (150)

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Margaret-Sorry to hear you had the flu..hope you are feeling better. I went today and got the flu shot. There was a line 45 minutes long. My arm is starting to get sore sure hope I can move it tomorrow.

Mellen-I'm so jealous...RETIRING SOON....Seriously way to go I'm happy for you. I will e-mail you on the wedding pictures.

Maryanne-I really think I am all four of the ladies but I will pick Ms. Sophisticated. LOL

April-I too had to cut down my brugs and it was sooooo hard this year. I think they were the prettiest this year than ever before. All the rain I'm sure. Will you have any cuttings for trade? I would love to have some different ones for next year. LMK

Dottie-I too had to bring in lots of plants this year. I had approx. 60 coleus to bring in this year. I have them all over the house and also work. I sure hope they all do well this winter. I have them in front of windows for the light.

Remy-I too received an unsigned card from Toledo, Ohio. It must be from Margo. I think I know where everyone else is from.

Margo-The card was beautiful..did you make it? Wow if you did. I look forward to knowing you better as well.

Dawson (GS) is going to be black spiderman for halloween.

Shirley

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Shirley,

Yes, I figured you were all of them, but if you had to pick one......Ms. Sophisticated would be your call...LOL!

Melissa Bunny....again this was such a lovely idea!

Happy Thursday!

Annie

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay, this weather is playing horrible games with my sinus's. Going from the 30's over the weekend, to the 70's on Tuesday, back to the 60's yesterday...with rain & 50's today....*OUCH*....I have a migraine....
    And it's supposed to be in the 40's tomorrow, with more rain..which will be drizzle, because it'll be so cold...
    UGH!!!

Hi April! Glad to see you posting! Looking forward to next month's swapping, can't wait to see what you come up with! :O)
    We don't do the trick or treats here, I just take the kiddos to the store and let them pick out some candy. Boring, I know...but it's really not safe here for that. They do get to go to some fall carnivals that the area churches put on, though. That seems to be enough entertainment for them. LOL

Remy & Shirley~ I could tell you if you were right...but I won't. I don't want to spoil the surprise. :O)

Annie~ Glad you've enjoyed this swap!

Melissa/hazelnutbunny (SENT)
    Jeanne/sandlapper_rose (SENT)(REC'D)(REC'D)
    Margo/smitties (REC'D)(REC'D)
    Frances/fcoffill (SENT)(REC'D)(REC'D)
    Melinda/ilovefarac
    Vina/flowergirl34 (SENT)
    Shirley/brittanysgran (SENT)(REC'D)
    Margaret/margaret_2007 (SENT)(REC'D)
    April/dirt_under_my_nails (SENT)
    MaryEllen/mellen (SENT)(REC'D)(REC'D)
    Annie/canyonwind (SENT)
    Carol/veeja11 (SENT)
    Laura/lilangel181 (SENT)(REC"D)
    Maryanne/earthlydelights (REC'D)(REC'D)
    Remy/Remy (SENT)(REC'D)color>

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Hey all!
    I received a bubble envelope today from Mary Ellen with some pretty pink fuzzy socks inside and a beautiful card. The catch is~~~is that the card is made out for Melissa....so was Melissa who was suppose to receive it or is the name wrong?

It's an October mystery for the Great Pumpkin :0)

Melissa, I know what you mean about Trick-or-treating. We only go to a couple of homes. The kids go to a Halloween party this weekend, and then one next Saturday afternoon. Halloween night we go and trick or treat at family homes. Things have changed so much since I was a kid. We used to go out just as it was getting dark...hit every house in the neighborhood and come back with a bag full of candy! We always went in a group and had so much fun....I guess those days are gone.

Talk to you soon! vina

• margaret_2007
    14 years ago

Hi, Ladies-I received my "Hallmark Moment" from Remy just a little while ago. It is the cutest one she made from a kit she received from Melissa a year ago & a package of seeds Nigella "Miss Jekyll" my favorite annual.
    Thanks so much Remy. I love it! I also haven't posted how great you looked in your lovely purple dress. Not only greatly talented but such a good looking lady!

It's raining here & supposed to for today & tomorrow. I have lots of yard work to do yet but only 2 plants that need put in the ground. The forcast says it is supposed to be mild the next few days so maybe I'll get to it all! The weekend is coming up so have a wonderful one. Blessings, Margaret

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Been MIA for a while. But finally getting around to posting! Been down with the "crud" this week, so will be mailing my cards tomorrow or the next day. Have them, just not got to them yet!!
    I did receive a lovely homemade card from Margaret today! I absolutely love it and am thrilled it is homemade! My grandmother and mom used to send me little homemade cards through the years growing up and being grown-just to say hello, thinking of you, love you, etc! I didn't realize how much I missed those little surprises until I rec'd your card! So Thank YOu from the bottom of my heart! I loved it!!! And a breast cancer support tote to carry groceries, etc. in! Love that also!
    Remy, a beautiful pic!!
    Hope everyone is doing well and getting over illnesses if ill, and not getting ill if well! LOL!
    Melissa, Don't you love it! More rain! I know what you mean about the weather-a very unusual year for sure!
    Hugs to all, Melinda

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Hello all! I just wanted to say thank you to Margaret for the neat homemade card and foldaway grocery tote that says "I Used to be Plastic, Now Im Fantastic"! Perfect timing too, as I was just about to buy one to keep in the car for those on-the-fly errands. I love them both Margaret!

I hope everyone is feeling decent lately, despite widespread blurghs and weather.
    *hugs*
    ~Laura

• veeja11
    14 years ago

I also received a great card from Remy, mine had bloody butcher tomato seeds. can't wait to try them. thankyou miss beautiful in the purple dress, Gary always looks like the cat that just ate the parakeet, sly smile. it's all good. hugs carol

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

April and Shirley -
    I was so happy to see that you mentioned your brugs. I won several brugs from April when we had a swap earlier in the year. I put them in containers outside and all but one made it through the year. However, the tallest of them is about 3 1/2 feet tall and none bloomed this year. I admit, I don't know what I'm doing. Anyway, when it got so cold earlier in the week, I moved the containers into the garage. My thought was to let them go dormant in there until spring. I posted something to the brug board because I wasn't sure whether to cut them, remove leaves, etc. They basically said to read the other postings, but I didn't see that there was a consensus about what to do and obvioulsy, I think the treatment would be different if you lived somewhere with lots of cold temepratures. So, what should I do with these for the winter? Should they have bloomed this year? What did I do wrong? Do I cut them back or remove the leaves? Last winter I had two newly rooted brugs that I kept in the garage and they looked good most of the winter but died before Spring. I think maybe I watered them too much although I would say that I was watering them "lightly." So, April, Shirley, and anyone else who grows brugs, what should I do? Should I have planted these in the ground instead of leaving them in containers? What do I do with them in the Spring - assuming I can get them through the winter?
    Thanks!!!
    Jeanne

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Jeanne~All of my brugs are in containers.I've stripped them & they are now in the dark basement till spring. I will give them about a cup of water per month, just enough to keep the roots alive.They will look dead! Around March I'll start waking them up by leaving the light on or putting them in front of the window. Once the temps stay above 50 at night I'll put them back outside.I also strip off any leaves before putting them back outside,if not the leaves sunburn & look SAD!!

You could have planted them in the ground & they would've come back next spring in your zone(if you mulched real well).I'm thinking it might be too late now & your stuck putting them to sleep in a dark, above freezing area. Strip the leaves,but I wouldn't cut anything off of them if you don't have to.Like getting it to fit in the door! You've spent all summer growing it big ,why cut it all down. Some of the tips will shrivel, just cut that part off in the spring.

Some of my newly rooted cuttings did not bloom this year either. I don't think we did anything wrong,it was just an odd year!
    Come spring if you plant in ground or leave in pots, FEED your brug! WEEKLY!!! They are fertilizer lovers.

Hope this helps!
    later...April

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I received 2 lovely cards today! One from Miss April! (yes, April, I enjoyed my "male" very much!! LOL!!) And a lovely one from Miss MaryEllen! Thank you, Mellen, for the lovely blue socks, also! :O)

I also received some shocking (yet wonderful!) news from the DR today. When we miscarried in September, one of the babies actually made it through. So I am 14 weeks along, and everything looks healthy!
    I wasn't sure what was going on, things were strange, so went to the DR, had an ultrasound, and there he/she was! I am still in shock, but the DR explained that it's actually fairly common- something called vanishing twin syndrome.
    I didn't expect THAT diagnosis, so I am still in shock (did I say that already?) but we're all very excited. God works in mysterious ways, that is for sure!

Melissa/hazelnutbunny (SENT)(REC'D)(RED'D)
    Melinda/ilovefarac (SENT)(REC'D)
    Vina/flowergirl34 (SENT)(REC'D)
    Margaret/margaret_2007 (SENT)(REC'D)(REC'D)
    April/dirt_under_my_nails (SENT)
    Annie/canyonwind (SENT)
    Carol/veeja11 (SENT)(REC'D)
    Laura/lilangel181 (SENT)(REC"D)(REC'D)

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Wow! That is great news Melissa! Was quite a shock I am sure! But pleased for you!!
    You put sent on my cards! They are ready and going in the mail first thing in the am. So guess they are sent in a way!
    Another cold, wet dreary day! But could be worse! No snow yet anyway like some! Thank Goodness!
    Have a great weekend! Melinda

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Melissa, CONGRATS!!! I hope baby and mommy both are doing very well. Which do you hope for, a boy or a girl?

~Laura

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Jeannie-I plant all my brugs in the ground and cut them down before the first frost. I then take each branch and put them in a 5 gallon bucket with water. Come Spring I take them out and cut into 6" cuttings which I root in water and then I pot them up for sale. The roots in the ground come back for me each year. I mulch really good and they do fine.

Melissa-Wonderful news and congratulations. Can't wait to see what it will be.

Shirley

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

Melissa,
    That is wonderful news! I can imagine you were surprised though. Will be praying that everything goes well with you and the baby.
    Shirley and April, thanks for the brug information. I hope I can get some of these plants to make it through the winter. Does either of you know about the "Y" and blooming? I don't think any of my plants got a "Y" - should I have been trimming them back as they grew? I guess they will stay in the garage for the winter and I will plant them out once it is warm enough. My garage is not dark; there are 6 windows in there and we usually leave the large garage door open during the day. That's why I am puzzled about whether the keep the leaves on them or not. Are they still growing at this point? I know I did not give them enough fertilizer from what you said. I only ferrilized them about once a month and did it kind of lightly because they were smaller plants.
    Well, have a good weekend everyone!
    Jeanne

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Melissa~ Congrats on the baby news!!!

Jeanne~ trimming your brug will NOT make it "Y".You would be cutting off the part where the Y would form. This is only my second year overwintering them so I'm still a newbie too!!!The leaves may fall off on their own or they may continue to put out more leaves since they have light.I really wish the brug forum would have been more helpful to you. They usually jump right in with the newbie questions instead of telling someone to do a search.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Think we are going to a friends house for a few games of Scrabble this evening. Think I'll bake something sweet(that has chocolate in it) to take.
    later....April

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

My card from Shirley arrived. Thank you for the lovely card & pumpkin themed dish towel!!

later....April

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

Jeanne
    I think that you may have got directed to look at other threads on the brug forum because they started a couple of threads with the intention of 'putting all the info together' I guess at this time of year they are used to lots of questions. I too am only growing brugs for two years, but I just love them!

I planted them in the ground last year and did the same with the two potted plants I added this year. They die back to the ground but grow back from the roots.

Waiting for the "Y" is the hardest part of growing Brugs. But once they start you will know it, flowers typically follow quickly! I don't know why you would not have gotten flowers unless your plants were very young (I was told green wood cuttings or Seedlings can take two years to flower. Or perhaps some other environmental factor was not quite right. They seem to be quite vigorous for me.

I grow them in morning sun only and feed weekly (they do not seem to be terribly picky on the type of food as long as they get fed. Plants in the ground can probably get by with feeding every two weeks.

3 of the new plants were grown from cuttings recieved in May, all flowered profusely starting in late July.

This will be my first year trying to keep some cuttings over the winter. I am doing exactly what Shirley said. My plants in the ground came back even after the cold winter (we had snow!!!) last year,

I really have my doubts about keeping these things in the house, they are already trying to root, will probably get gnats or mites, yuk!

Good luck with your Brugs, they are amazing plants!

I hope everyone is having a terrific weekend!

Frances

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Frances-The first year I decided I wanted brugs was in the Winter and I traded for lots of cuttings and kept them all winter long. Wow what a job...the water got stinky and had to be changed constantly. There were cups of cuttings everywhere. That is why I do not cut them into 6" cuttings until Spring. The long cuttings do so well in my basement and I only change the water once during the whole winter.

Jeanne-I received one called Naughty Nick in a trade and it was so late in the year I knew it would not bloom. Next year it should take off quickly from the roots in the ground and I have cuttings of it in the basement. I always strip all the leaves off when I cut them down.

April-Glad your card and dish towel arrived.

Shirley

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I hope everyone has had a great weekend so far! It's stormy here, but warm....so I'll take it. :O)

Thank you for all the congrats! I am still in shock, and taking things VERY easily right now. I know the DR said everything is OK...but I'm still really nervous. I had the ultrasound on Friday, because they wanted to see what was going on....nobody expected a BABY to show up! LOL We (dr & everyone!) were thinking something bad, along the lines of a cyst or tumor. He just said...well, you've got 6 kids, right? I said...yes.. He says.."Well, how do you feel about 7?" My response was something like..."WHAT?!?" And then I don't remember much beyond seeing the little arms, legs & hands waving at me. He told me "you're in shock, and when you get home, you won't believe this...so I'm sending you some pictures for your proof". LOL
    He did have to have 2 nurses help me out. Couldn't walk on my own! Golly, just imagine if it had been BAD news, huh? :O)
    Anyway...sorry for rambling on about it, I'm just flabbergasted. Yes, I think that's the word for it.

Melinda~ No rush on sending your cards!! I just misread your post. Whenever you get to sending them will be fine. :O)

I have a brug confession to make....I killed mine. I didn't mean to, but they got left out last week, during the 30 degree temps. They LOOK dead, anyway...we had several severe frosts last week, so I think they probably are. I hate that, too, because they were my first ones. But I was leery of bringing them in the house with the baby crawling around. She likes to chew on the plants. Certainly don't want her chewing on one of those!

Melinda/ilovefarac (SENT)(REC'D)
    Vina/flowergirl34 (SENT)(REC'D)
    April/dirt_under_my_nails (SENT)(REC'D)
    Annie/canyonwind (SENT)

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

OMG Bunny! I must have missed the part where you had been expecting twins. (Really must start checking in more often:) That is unreal how it's working out! You've been having quite an exciting year! Congratulations!

All this talk about brugs makes me wonder what I'm missing. I've never grown them. However, I absolutely CANNOT bring one more plant into the house!! So don't tempt me! Between all the avocados and jasmine, palms and spider plants, and now a hibiscus (which I totally don't understand - it's losing leaves like crazy, but just started blooming again!), I am maxxed out!

Just came in from planting a hundred daffodil bulbs and raking up leaves in the front yard. What a beautiful day it is here today. I have muscari and bluebells to plant, still, but had to come in to figure out whether the bluebells need sun or shade, so here I am. I know I had an idea what I wanted to do with them when I ordered them, but I sure don't remember now.

DH left on another trip this morning, so it's me and Dog in the yard. Not a bad way to spend the day. Better get back out there while it's daylight.

Enjoy the day, all.
    Dottie

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

Oh Melissa!!!!
    What a wonderful surprize! all this Brug stuff and I totally missed your news! Sometimes the maker works in mysterious ways but it seems to me he always has a plan! I am so happy for you! Rest, relax be well and think lots of happy thoughts!

Dottie
    C'mon, you know you want one! They are really quite irresistable!

And there is no reason to keep a live one in your house all winter! Many people keep cuttings in a dormant state (like tender bulbs)
    {{gwi:561760}}

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

What a beautiful pic Frances! I too tried once with some cuttings and they rooted great, but died after I planted them! Hope to try them again sometime! They are beautiful plants!
    Yes, I did send both cards yesterday am! So someone will be getting them in a few days!
    Melinda

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Dottie~ Don't feel bad, you didn't miss anything. I don't think it was posted on the forum. What happened is really unbelievable. I miscarried twins in September, but evidently had been pregnant with triplets. The Dr told me that immediately after a miscarriage (I had one in June), a woman is often extra-fertile. So it's not uncommon to conceive twins. The Dr thinks that the babies I miscarried in September were probably identical twins, and that, coupled with the other baby being there is probably why they didn't make it. We didn't know (until the miscarriage) that I was carrying twins- much less 3 babies! So the fact that I am still pregnant with this baby is nothing less of miraculous to us. :o)

Frances~ I am really brug ignorant! I had no idea you could keep cuttings that long! I have never had success with cuttings- I kill everything I try to root. I think I have the worst brown thumb ever, honestly. Cuttings & seeds do NOT like me. Plants with an established root system & bulbs seem to be the only things I can grow well. Oh well, doesn't stop me from trying! LOL!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Love the Brug photo Frances!! Does it happen to have a name?

Later....April

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Have been out of town....I returned last night to find a very cute Halloween card from April. "Peel it off" and "Unwind"...I do those things very well and it does not even have to be Halloween...LOL! Thanks so much!!!

Melisaa Bunny...I am so happy for you. God does work in mysterious ways. He certainly does give us wonderful surprises! Be well!

Happy Monday!

Annie

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Annie~ glad you enjoyed your card!

later....April

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Wow! Have I missed alot!
    Melissa...congratulations! They must of had to pick you up off of the floor with that kind of news! How wonderful for you and your family! DH must be thrilled!

AND I received a wonderful card today from Melinda (ilovefarac)all pink and whispy flowers. Very pretty! And in the envelope were:
    Mammoth Sunflower Seeds
    Malva: Mystic Merlin
    Zinnia: California Giant
    Zinnia: Envy
    Sunflower: Chocolate

Melinda thank you so much!!!!!! They were all on my 'want' list! It's just like Christmas ;0) What a wonderful package. I can't thank you enough! I get two wonderful surprises from you in one week (FallSwap)! Your awesome!!!

Well the clouds parted back outside I go :0)
    Talk to you soon!
    vina

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Bunny, I didn't begin to comprehend the situation! Wow. That's all I can say. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Aw Frances, I'm such a sucker for a beautiful plant! They are very nice. Maybe I'll read about them for a bit . . . .

Gotta go to a closing (Yea!) There is great drama in the family buying this property and I am not to let the son know anything and he's calling me and OMG what a fiasco. Must go deal.

Have a good day everyone.
    Dottie

• remy_gw
    14 years ago

Hi All,
    Well I got another card! This one was signed and it did end up being Margo. So that was a a nice surprise. Thank you Margo!
    Oh it did arrive on Sat. but I had to rush out to go to a cancer benefit after work and forgot to post. A guy at work who plays in a band was performing. It was one of the strangest benefits ever! It was young people who are into loud punk/alternative type rock. One of their friends died. Yes, I think I was the oldest one there. When the guy running it was getting some flack from a spectator while he was making announcements, he said, "This is for cancer you a**hole. Shut up." LOL! God bless them. They raised a good deal of money, and it proves your kid could look like a freak, but care deeply about others.
    Remy

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Thank You Shirley! I love the beautiful card and the fall kitchen towel! I know what you mean about the weather! Raining again and seems to have done so but maybe 3 days in over a month! But thanks, I loved it!
    Vina, so glad you enjoyed the card! I enjoyed sending it!
    Melinda

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Margo/smitties (SENT)(REC'D)(REC'D)
    Melinda/ilovefarac (SENT)(REC'D)(REC'D)
    Vina/flowergirl34 (SENT)(REC'D)(REC'D)
    Annie/canyonwind (SENT)(REC'D)
    Remy/Remy (SENT)(REC'D)(REC'D)color>

• earthlydelights
    14 years ago

hi everyone - just stopping in to say my cards were (finally) mailed.

melissa, what strength and determination this little miracle has. absolutely astounding before he/she even comes out into the world. i can't wait to know what your choice will be in his/her name and what it means. i read up on VTS - i hope your scales are balanced in this. i must say, in all my years, i never heard of it before. you are a very strong and amazing woman - and certainly blessed. congratulations!!!!!!!!!! ((((hugs))))

naturally, today being a work day, it was beautiful weather. our weekends, for the last month, have rained, rained and rained some more and then on top of that, rained again.

very interesting reading about brugs. i have no experience with them, but what a delight to hear the enthusiasm about them. beautiful flowers.

my grandbabe is going to be a princess for halloween. she's so looking forward to it. me too --- love the candy!

my dog has had more baths in the last few weeks. she is rolling in "something" because the scent is atrocious. we can't even figure out what animal it belongs to. (TMI?)going to have to call an expert to name that poo!!!!!!

i'm having lasik surgery on friday. anyone have it done? this week i have to be using a prescription eye drop and it's irritating. there's a little sting/burn and then it feels like something is in my eyes. and this is supposed to keep them from drying out....go figure.

remy, the event sounds interesting, to say the least. proof positive that you can't judge a book by its cover, right?

hope everyone is doing well. i can't believe it's the end of yet another month already. very fast year....very strange weather year.

be well
    maryanne

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you, Maryanne....Hugs back at ya! :O)

GAME TIMEsize>
    Okie Dokie, everyone! I just received word from my "Secret Agent" that they have sent out cards to some random gals, who should be receiving them sometime this week.
    Now, here's the game....
    IF you receive a card from this "Secret Agent", please post that you have. The game will be in trying to guess WHO has sent out these cards.color>
    That being said....I need to ask some help from those that RECEIVE these cards. You may be able to guess from the post mark who sent it, but please DO NOT give out that information immediately. Just tell everyone that you have received the card...and then the guessing can begin. You may guess as many times as you'd like, and if no one is getting closer....the receivers of the cards may give hints (city mailed from, identifying handwriting, etc)

Ok, is that clear as mud? :O)

I will mail out a prize to the first person to correctly guess the sender of the cards. Remember, no guessing until the first gal has received her card & posts about it.

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Maryanne/earthlydelights (SENT)(REC'D)(REC'D)

SECRET CARDS SENT!!color>

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Margo-Wow 3 awesome cards from you..thank you so much. And the Sunset Echinacea seeds was an extra special surprise. I will look forward to getting these started in the Spring.

Maryanne-Congratulations on getting the lasik surgery. I had it done years ago and am so glad I did. I was blind as a bat and could actually see the clock in the room minutes after the surgery. The Dr. did tell me my age would eventually catch up with my new eyesight and I may have to wear reading glasses one day. I am now doing that but I still love not wearing contacts. I had toric contacts so they were very expensive.

Shirley

• remy_gw
    14 years ago

Hi All,
    Shirley's post reminded me that I got zinnia seeds in the card from Margo!

Maryanne,
    Please post a pic of your grandbaby as a princess! I know she's going to look adorable. I'm going to be part of the Golden Girls. I'm in charge of the demo team now. The girls wanted to dress up to win the contest. One demo girl is really tall so she's going to be Dorothy. One girl is Polish and looks northern European so she is going to be Rose. One girl is very short under 5' so she is going to be Sophia. So that leaves me as Blanche. I have to remember to bring my camera to work.
    Talk to you all later,
    Remy

• uptreasa
    14 years ago

Mellissa, Wow!!!!!!!! God works in mysterious ways. I'm so happy for you.

I've had a Brugmansia that I've kept alive for maybe 4 years now. I started it from a cutting received in a trade. It's 5 feet high, potted, and I take it in the basement each fall. I have to laugh. It's downstairs now with probably 50 blooms on it. It's "Frosty Pink". Fran, I sure love that orange one of yours.

Maryanne, has any livestock given birth near you recently? We use to have a dog that would roll in rotten afterbirth placenta. You can imagine the smell was not pretty. LOL

I'm lucky that I don't have reading glasses, and I'm getting close to 54. I do need glasses for driving, however. I've always needed those.

Happy fall, everyone.
    Treasa

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Eeew, Treasa! LOL! I'll bet that wasn't perty at all! ICK!

Ok, is my list correct? I have 3 ladies still expecting cards....April, Annie & Carol. Did I miss someone posting that they'd received their card?
    Hmmm.

Shirley/brittanysgran (SENT)(REC'D)(REC'D)
    Maryanne/earthlydelights (SENT)(REC'D)(REC'D)

SECRET CARDS SENT!!color>

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

I received a lovely card and note from Maryanne. She also included one of her favorite poems from her youngster days.
    When Maryanne thinks of Fall, the poem "October's Party" is on her mind! Thank you for sharing this with me!

Happy Fall to you......

Annie

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

HEY!!! I received a "Secret Agent Card"!!! I received it today. It's lovely and has Hug coupons inside...too cute!

Melissa, am I suppose to guess who it is or is everyone else suppose to guess. Because I think I know....

vina

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Alrighty! :O)
    Vina, if you think you know without a doubt who it is, wait until at least a few other ladies have guessed first, OK? That will give everyone a fair chance of guessing & winning! :o)

LET THE GUESSING BEGIN!color>size>
    Only one guess at a time, please! The correct guesser of the secret agent will receive a prize (a surprise prize, of course!). Have fun!

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

I'll guess Shirley................

Annie

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

I'll guess Carol!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

I received my card today.Thanks Maryanne for the great card & notepad!

My secret agent guess is~~ Laura

later....April

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Im guessing Melissa!

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

I don't think any of those are right. But, I'm double checking with Miss Bunny to be sure.

vina

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Nope, none of those are correct. Keep guessing! :o)

I will say that the sender has posted on this thread. (BIG help, I know!) LOL!

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm starting a new thread for the guessing to continue, so please post your guesses there! :O)

• veeja11
    14 years ago

I received a lovely card an bubble envie with 3 pkgs of tomato seeds 2 of daylily crosses and a pink lupine, great because all I got was blue this year so I have been wanting pink and red. thankyou Melinda you are a true friend, very generous too. hugs carol