Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
margaret_2007

Petal Pushers- November-Thanks--Giving

margaret_2007
14 years ago

N

This month will be different than most due to the busy season & I want it to be within everyone's budget! So here we go!

Some of the things we will do this month:

1. We all have family traditions for Thanksgiving, some that are very simple & others may be quite elaborate. Let's all share them here on the forum.

2. With those traditions, we all have favorite recipes we use only then. You can send that recipe to your partner with a Thanksgiving card, either bought or made at home.

Also you might enclose a small Thanksgiving decoration though not necessary (home made place cards for the dinner table is one suggestion that would fit into the card envelope). You will be sending 2 cards & receiving 2 cards.

3. Give us all some suggestions of what we can do for little cost & much satisfaction for others & ourselves locally. From those suggestions, try to use at least one of them that are posted & let us know how it went.

4. List at least 3 things a day that you are thankful during this swap. You can post here or keep the list just for you.

That's it, folks. Sign up until Monday November 9th & partners will be posted the 10th.

If anyone has the list of all Petal Pusher members, I would really appreciate it being posted. Also, I must admit I don't know the rules we have here so it would be great if someone posted them! Thanks & blessings, Margaret

Comments (123)

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi, All-I am at my sister's using her computer to let you know that I am planning on getting my comuter back tomorrow or Thursday. I have missed it so much I think I am getting the shakes!! I am in hopes to get the cards out tomorrow, too.

I really thank each of you for continuing to post here. What a delightful thing you have done with the toys you have saved, Carol. Making someones wishes come true & giving yourself such joy. Bless you for your thoughtfulness.

And, Dan, helping out. I am so glad you are getting help from this swap. Perhaps it will be even better when the cards come!

Heidi, Thanks for the idea of recycling cards. I know our Hope Haven place for persons mentally & physically challenged make them into placemats & cover them with the clear plastic for selling & giving. Also thanks for posting who has sent & received the cards.

Hi, Kat, Hope things are going well for you! What a great group we have here.

I will be in touch when I get my computer back & hooked up. Oh, Happy Day! Blessings, Margaret

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Heidi,Did you make this card?It is absolutely wonderful!
    I can't even imagine the hours you have put into this,and you have small children don't you?What did you do, stay up all night for a few weeks?
    I won't describe it,just in case you have sent the same one to some one,they will surely love it as much as i do.

And,Heidi,sent along a recipe,for Amish Vanilla Pie,Heidi, i said i hate to cook,not Bake,ha ha, I will try this one,sounds yummy,
    I received a Natural Mosquito Repellent Recipe,
    A recipe for Massage oil,using Grapefruit,Jasmin,and Ylang,Ylang,essential oils.
    And a very detailed description of how to give,and receive the best massage ever.
    Heidi,have you tried these your self,this is right up my alley,thank you so very much,
    I don't know how you knew i was wanting to try some White Liatris,I saw some white ones growing this summer,and i thought they were truly beautiful,along with the purple.Thank you,
    We will be having our Thanksgiving next Saturday.
    I will share these recipes with my family.:0)
    cAROL

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Yeah my first card arrived. I made both of my cards and together they only took me a few hours. I have an electronic paper cutter and handcuffs for the kids (just kidding). Feel free to describe, I made 2 very different cards. I have not tried the massage. I do not want to touch my husbands feet :o) *giggling* I hope that you and Wayne can find some time to reconnect over the hustle and bustle of the holidays. I was nervous to send the white Liatris. I am so afraid that I will send seeds that won't sprout. This was the first time I collected seeds. I hope it does well for you!!

Now...who got my other card??? is it you???

Heidi

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Heidi, I don't know what I was thinking, or not thinking, last night, but I got your other card! Thank you! It's very cool, with the two cats sitting next to the fishbowl! I can share the "Kitty Kisses" recipe with Bump and Stella, which is just too cool! I'm going to wait to make the cookies during December and take them to work with me. That'll win me points! And, since I'm new to WSing, I'm going to wait to plant the white liatris seeds in the Spring. I want to grow them up and let them mix in with my purple ones.

Peace.
    -Dan

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Whew...glad you got the card Dan.

ok here is the updated list...

Margaret~
    Heidi~sent
    Kat~
    Dan~ Sent, rec
    cAROL~rec

I am glad that we had this swap. Even when things aren't going my way I find myself looking for the good so I can be thankful for it...even if it's silly.

Heidi

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

My cards are sent,sorry, i was a little late getting them out.
    I would love to hear some good stories from you guys,what have you done this season to put a smile on some ones face?

Heidi,Your card made me smile,so i will let the rest of you know how pretty it is.
    The card stock is a robin egg blue,with 3 Sunflowers on it.
    All hand cut,any way,, they seem to be,first Sunflower is layered,light yellow,a darker yellow then light again,with little seed heads in the center.Growing on olive green stems,in a brown mound of soil,the next one is layered also,yellow brown and the center is light yellow with little seed heads.And the third one is the reverse of the first one.
    Very artistic,a keeper.:0)And a lot of time went into it,thank you Heidi
    cAROL

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

ok here is the updated list...

Margaret~
    Heidi~sent
    Kat~
    Dan~ sent, rec
    cAROL~sent,rec

Check in with you all tomorrow!!
    Heidi

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi, All-I have stopped shaking as my computer is back & I am doing the Happy Dance although I must hang my head in shame as I don't have my cards sent. I can't believe it that life is getting in the way of my plans AGAIN! Please forgive the shouting but it is upsetting with everything else that has happened with this swap! They will be out shortly & praying they will get there before the big day.

The things I am thankful for today:

You dear faithful ones who have carried on so great when I have been absent.

I am so thankful that my DH agreed to us getting our picture taken for the family for Christmas. I couldn't believe it when he said he would. And believe me, when the pictures are received, they all will be in awe that he did it!

The wonderful season. It thrills my heart that it makes people thankful for the Blessings that God bestows on us so freely & so many give Him the credit for those blessings.

Will be on the forum lots now & I am really thankful for that! Blessings, Margaret

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Yeah Margaret!! I am doing the happy dance with you.

Things I am thankful for...Its hard to find things today. I guess I am thankful that I am alive and that my family is alive and that you all are alive.

Tonight there was a bad car accident that involved 5 students from our local high school. 8 people total were taken to the hospital. One of the kids is on life support and another has 2 broken legs. I have yet to hear on the others.

My sister just turned 16. She is super excited to drive, but I am a little scared!!

Maybe some cards will come tomorrow??
    Heidi

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Hi
    Well rumor has it that everyone in the car accident will be ok. Hopefully my sister will hear something at school today.

Margaret thanks for the ecard. I love it. It was a sheep knitting and then the wind comes and blows the sheep away. When the sheep lands it's socks have been knocked off. Very cute. Thank you!!

Heidi

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

I'd like to thank you also Margaret,my e card was very cute ,sheep also.
    So nice of you to send an e card,it is always fun to get cards.

Heidi,
    What sad news about the children in the car accident,the one on life support, is he ok as well?
    When my children started driving, I was aways worried,every time I would hear a siren,and the time was close for them to be home,i would get all scared.
    Do you know what happened?Was there drinking involved?
    My youngest is 33, and you NEVER stop worrying,never.
    Its what we do best in life,ha ha
    Glad to hear every one will be ok.

I am thankful my kids will be here tomorrow,We are celebrating our Thanksgiving.
    I am thankful i can still make 6 home made pies,with no trouble,and cook a big meal.
    I am thankful I was able to clean house top to bottom,with no problem.
    And i am Thankful we will be having good food to eat, when so many will not be,Very Thankful indeed.
    cAROL

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

From the latest report I got on the accident... several of the kids are still in critical condition. The kids were on their way home when they swerved into the other lane. They were all 15 or 16.

Part of my problem is I get a little bit of story from my sister who has heard it through the grapevine, then my father chimes in and he doesn't really have a clue. So I got my last bit of info from the news.

Well I am going to rest for a little. I helped my friend catch her chickens this afternoon. Very comical, but that cold air made me sleepy.

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving cAROL. I know it is exciting when the family comes home!!

Heidi

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Hi all
    I got a great card from Dan. There is seeds~ Tomato mix, and my two recipes are Oven Roasted Turkey Breast with leeks and cornbread stuffing, and Fettucini Diablo. These both sound delicious. Thanks so much. I love getting mail!!

Heidi

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Heidi, I'm trying out that turkey recipe for the first time this Thanksgiving, but that Fettucine Diablo is my favorite recipe for pasta! It's great with or without meatballs, I eat it both ways and can't decide which way I like best. That tomato mix contains about 8 different types of tomato, so it'll give you plenty of variety to enjoy next summer, some for snacking, some for your burgers, and some for making into paste. That should keep you busy, shouldn't it?

Everyone have a great weekend!

Peace.
    -Dan

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

My sister was here when I opened my card. I started talking Tomatoes. She said "I am not helping to pick them". I told her not to worry, my 3 year old will help me. They will all have bite marks and chunks taken out of them, but I don't care. lol. He loves tomatoes.

My sister is spending the night at my house tonight (she is the one that just turned 16) . She just got done belting out "Tomorrow" from Annie. Tonight will be a blast!
    Heidi

• katsgarden864
    14 years ago

Hey everyone!!

Just wanted to post that I sent my cards.. sorry they were a bit late. I moved this past week and silly me didn't write down my addresses I needed to send too! I had to wait for the cable guy to install the internet in the new home!

I recieved my cards from Carol and Dan! Thank you so much!! Dan- I can't wait to try out the pasta dish!! Carol! You've outdone yourself! Recipies for home made dog treats! I'm so excited! And the dog cake! Man, you've made the pups here pretty happy! And I must say, I posted the Great Dane on Duty sign on my front door! I'll post a picture when i figure out which box my camera is in!

I hope everyone has had an awesome week!!

-Kat

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi, All-My cards went out yesterday, at last! I cant believe what a struggle this has been with all that has taken place.
    I also received a lovely card from Carol with 2 great recipes in it-1 for Wild Rice & Barley to serve with your turkey & Christmas Candy Cane Hot Cocoa, a great little note pad to hang on the refrigerator which I use one all the time to write my needs at the grocery store & a packet of Lobelia seeds (Cascade of Color) which I will sow in my hanging baskets this next growning season.
    Thanks so much, Carol. I love it all & the neat message you wrote. It has been great learning about you & your family. Did I see you have a daughter Brenda? My Daughter is also Brenda. How was your day celebrating Thanksgiving & what kind of pies did you make? Pray it was a blessed one with lots of good memories.

Today I am so thankful for this beautiful fall we have had. I actually got to do some outside work yesterday & got all the bulbs & a couple of plants in the ground. Another day or so being able to get out & work should complete all I would like to accomplish this fall.

Getting the cards in the mail yesterday which I hope those receiving will be pleased with although I didn't send recipes with them. Our Post Office closes early on Saturday & I didn't want to miss getting the cards up there.

This great country we live in. How truly blest we are.

I had asked what is being done in your area to help others for Thanksgiving. One thing that my church is doing is serving the policemen who work that day their Thanksgiving dinner including their families.
    Also, there is a community dinner served at our High School for all who want to attend, where all the food is donated & volunteers serve it. Also they will deliver to shutins who would like that service.

Please post things that you know of in your area being done & let us know what is happening in your homes celebrating. I think it is so great that some of you put up your trees then. I have what I call my "Charlie Brown" tree & have all my great grandchildren come in decorate it for us. I have collected soft & unbreakable ornaments for it & just let them go at it. It will be done late this year as my granddaughter who lives in Memphis won't be here until the week of Christmas. I fix lasnaga with garlic bread tha evening for all the mothers & the fathers go out to eat. I love it!

Have a great week, all. The cards have all been put in the mail & should be received before the big day. Will try to think of a game for us to play this week. I am not good at games so if someone else has one for us, I will be glad to send a prize for it! Blessings, Margaret

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Margaret~ I am glad to see that your computer is up and running.

My community does food drives in the schools and churches. There is a church in town that has a free meal. They actually have one just about every weekend. Last year I was able to help at Thanksgiving. Bless those ladies. They have to be creative with their menu, because they don't control what is donated. Their creation looked gross but tasted wonderful.

I have been cleaning my house in anticipation of my mother in law coming...Did anyone see the movie Monster in law??? We have that relationship. My husband is an only child. My MIL doesn't like animals...I have 2 cats, my MIL doesn't like children...I have two, her grandchildren. She thinks everything is so hard with them. She told me today that it's torture to take the kids shopping. I have 2 good kids, yes they are 1 and 3. Every now and then they have whiny fits, but over all they are good. Well she has not been to visit in about a year. She only lives in SC, not half way around the world as it would seem. I think she is going to get a rude awakening. The boys are rough and love to wrestle and tumble. Just the way I like them :o)
    All that being said...I am ready for her!! **putting on my boxing gloves and poker face**

Have a great night all...I am back to cleaning!!
    Heidi

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Dan
    I sent you an email. I sent it through gardenweb so let me know if it doesn't go through.
    Thanks
    Heidi

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Hi gang,I'm back.
    Oh what a wonderful Thanksgiving we had.
    We had way to much food,is there such a thing?ha ha
    Turkey,mashed potatoes,& gravy,corn,broccoli,sweet potatoes,green and black olives,3 kinds of hot buns, cranberries, and wild rice with cherries, tea,coffee,milk,and ginger ale.
    Pumpkin pie(2),apple pie,pecan pie,chocolate pie,all made form scratch,served with real, whipping cream,
    We put up the tree,all decorated real pretty.and watched a documentary on recycling garbage,and talked about how we could have a "greener"Christmas.I did not know Christmas paper is not recyclable.But brown paper bags are, so we are wrapping in brown paper bags this year.Or towels,??
    Every one said ehat they are thankful for, we laughed,had quiet moments,and talked "soap" ha ha
    Yes,Margaret,my daughters name is Brenda also,she just turned 42,a couple of weeks ago.

Heidi,
    I am so sorry for you and your children,they should have a grandma who loves them dearly.
    I don't know what i would do with out my grandchildren, they bring me so much happiness,my granddaughter,who is soon to be 15,calls me all the time just to talk, we go shopping together,and she gave me the best compliment,she said when she comes over, she does not even feel like she left home,she feels like she is still home,she had no idea how nice that was to hear,don't you think.
    My youngest,Aidan,super glued a few things for me that i broke,he loves to fix things.And Evan, is a wiz,a math wizard.
    Any way, we had a great time,and will be going up there for Christmas,more good eatin.Two years ago, our electric went out on Thanksgiving,so we did not have turkey that year,thank God i had made lasagna,we were able to warm it up on the wood burner,thank God we have a wood burner,or we would not have had any heat,the electric was out for 3 days,we played games bt candle light,and just had fun.
    Whew,I am done,ha ha
    cAROL

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

I got my package from Margaret today...Thank you!!
    She sent me a polar bear window cling which my son hung up right away, Gourmet coffee, stickers (which my son tried to take, but I didn't want them randomly stuck on the furniture which inevitably ends up on the seat of my pants) and seeds!!
    Thanks so much. I love your card too. It will have a spot on my fridge!!

cAROL I am glad to hear that you had great Thanksgiving.

I got all my cleaning done and now I am relaxing. I have decided that if I have a good outlook on my MIL visit then it will be a good one...gotta go with the flow!!

Heidi

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

I received a package from Margaret today! Thank you Margaret! It truly brightened up my day! The polar bear window cling is on my office window so I can see his smile while working on the computer, I'm drinking the hot chocolate (both packages!), and have filed the seeds away for Spring! I'm really looking forward to seeing what comes up from that seed mix. Everything, including the card, was fantastic! Thank You!

Peace.
    -Dan

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Good morningy friends, :o)

Just a quick note to wish you all a very
    Happy Thanks Giving. I am sorry that I have missed out on all the fun this month but with opening of the shop I just
    couldn't think of nothing else.

I think I'm a little more at ease with 'the shop thing' now and hope to join you all again soon.I'm hoping to be able to join the Dec.swap.

So to all of you a very HAPPY THANKS GIVING and don't eat too much Turkey remember you are what you eat!!!!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Good Morning Pedal Pushers!!

I'm sorry that I haven't checked in lately, I'm trying to limit my online time to help heal my neck. I figured that I would come on and share my NEW thanksgiving tradition with you everyone.

My daughter,Tom(her boyfriend) my son, Kayla and significant others will be coming over for a huge breakfast this morning. We usually go to my sisters for Thankgiving dinner but my family is growing larger and they all have two places to go. I decided that the only way to have us all be together for a meal would be to do a big breakfast in the morning and everyone can go their seperate ways after. I'll be heading down to my sisters after the mess is cleaned up and everyone has moved on...

I hope everyone has a great day!

HAPPY THANKGIVING ALL!!

Lisa

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

(((((((HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERY ONE))))))))))

I hope every one has a super fun day,with lots of love,and good conversation.
    Remember to be thankful that we can all gather together,eat to much,and have left overs,sad to think there are those who will not be so lucky.Enjoy your day,and we will all be back in a few days eh.
    cAROL

Lisa,I love the idea of a family breackfast,have a nice time.

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello, All-Well, this Thanksgiving Day is almost over until next year. Hope you all had a delightful one. Just a quiet one here & praising God for all the many blessings I have-

Good health

Good friends

& My percious Lord & Savior, Jesus.

Still haven't thought of a game for us to do. Has anyone else?

Wonderful suggestion for Thanksgiving Breakfast. I might try that next year!

Has everyone sent & received 2 Thanksgiving cards now? I have only received the 1 from Carol which was delightful. Please post here if you have sent & received both. I really haven't been able to keep up & now my computer mouse isn't working!

I don't know who is hosting the swap for December so if anyone has the list, please let me know.

Anyone going out for Black Friday? I have just about all my shopping done but I did see a couple things in the adds I would like to get but not wanting bad enough to fight that crowd!

My tummy is full & I am weary from all the hoopla of the last few days so going to retire early tonight. Blessings, Margaret

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Good Morning
    Yes the time stamp is correct. I am waiting for my sister to pick me up so we can go shopping. I am not planning on buying anything, but she is ready for the deals. We mainly go to people watch. Just wish the kids would have cooperated with my sleep schedule!!!

We had a nice Thanksgiving. Way to much to do for it all to be over in 3 hours. MMMMM...Breakfast sounds like a great idea.

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Hidie,
    Are you CRAZY ????????,,ha ha
    Please report what you saw,I have often thought it would be fun to go on Black Friday, just to people watch,sounds like fun,did you have to take your cildren with you(does your sister have childern?

3:AM? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :0)

Hope your sister found some good buys,keep us posted ok.

cAROL

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

We survived. My sister is 8 months pregnant and the other one is 16. We actually started last night. Michaels craft store was open and had some great deals. We got there around 6 (after hitting a deer and busting my sister's headlight). People were already camping out at Best Buy. This morning we went to Kohls. The line wrapped around the store. The store didn't put tape up to keep the line in order so when the doors opened people were crazy. I will admit we cut in line behind some bolder ladies. People were running through the store to get the things on their list. There were also people with a pile of flyers. I did find my son a "Handy Manny" flash light. I know I said I wasn't going to buy anything but it was half price, and I had been looking for a kids flashlight since last year. This flashlight goes off by itself so the batteries don't go dead. So anyway we left there and went to Walmart. This was at 4:30. The sales didn't start till 5. There was not a single parking spot. We skipped Walmart and went to the mall. That was not so bad. My sister could not find anything that she wanted. I once again bought something...a pair of slippers for my grandmother. About 6 we went back to Walmart. The lot was packed but we got a decent spot. The joke was on us though...the lines went clear to the back of the store. I couldn't even get to the toy section. We didn't stay there long. I was back home by 7. Just in time for my youngest to wake up :o) With the holiday excitement and extra company my 3 yr old's sleep schedule has been off. He was up at 3 am and I was going to take him with but he fell back asleep before we left. My mother in Law went to Kmart about 9 this morning. She had someone take her sale flier right out of her cart.

So anyway that was my morning. I am taking down my fall decorations to get ready for Christmas. Hope everyone else is have a fun and safe day!!

Heidi

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

OMGosh,all of that for a flash light and a pair of slippers,too funny.

Plus, you hit a deer,and STILL went shopping? Oh Heidi,you crack me up.:0)

Happy no one got hurt when you hit the deer,could have been really bad.Another thing to be thankful for eh.

How is it going with your MIL?How long will she be there?

We put our tree up when the kids were here,early, but sometimes ya gotta do what cha gotta do.

Thanks for the report Heidi,I hope you can take a nap now.You deserve one!
    cAROL

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

cAROL thanks for thinking of me. My Mother in Law will be here till Monday. My Husband works weekends so it's up to me to entertain her. Things are going ok I guess. She is one of those mothers that says her son will always be her baby..and treats him as so. I was not raised that way. I think that is where the main problem lies. I feel like she has the best of intentions...it just always doesn't come across that way. Her son can do no wrong!! Anyway like I said before I am taking this as a learning experience on how not to treat your Daughter in Law.

Our tree went up last night...a little early for me too. The kitten won't leave it alone so I have out the spray bottle. She climbed up the middle last night, but then backed her way down. I am hoping that between the cat and the kids, it won't fall down.

Well I have to clean up the toys in the living room. Heaven forbid my husband or mother in law help while they are watching a movie...ok I really am going to stop being bitter.

I am thankful that you are all here. I truly feel that I have friends in my corner!!

Heidi

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Today I am thankful for the 4-Day weekend I just had. It was restful, peaceful, and quiet. I truly needed it.
    And now, I'm heading back to work today, to begin a month of making sure all those Christmas cards and packages arrive in a safe, timely manner. Hmmm, maybe I could make it a 5-day weekend? LOL!

Everyone have a great week!

Peace.
    -Dan

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello, All-Today is the last day of November & would you all please let me know if you have sent & received the 2 cards that were asked to send in this swap,

I really thank each of you for keeping this going with all the trouble I had. It was good to know that it wouldn't be dropped.

Now the Christmas season starts & I still don't know who is supposed to host this month. Sounds like Petal Pushers has fallen apart & that is a shame! We had so many wonderful members.

I will wait to hear from each of you about receiving & sending cards until this evening & then will close this swap. Blessings, Margaret

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Hi
    I sent and received two cards.

I spent the morning decorating for christmas. My mother in law has decided to stay another day. This visit with her has not been as bad as past visits. Maybe we have a new understanding for each other and I am thankful for that.

Margaret thanks for hosting this wonderful swap!!

Heidi

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

I sent and received two cards.
    I did a little more decorating today also.I think i am done now.
    I got my hair cut this morning,went shopping with a friend yesterday,went to Woodstock,Illinois, had a ball.The square is all decorated and beautiful,Christmas is in the air.
    Started my Christmas shopping,and all is well on the home front.
    It is nice to know you and your M-I-L,are making it work Heidi,:0)

Margaret,Thank you for hosting this swap, i really enjoyed it.It was nice to have so much to be thankful for,sometimes you just don't realize it til you see it in print.
    cAROL

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hi, Carol, Heidi, Dan and Margaret,I do hope someone pipes in for a Dec. swap.
    I don't think PP has fallen apart....or at least I hope not
    Has anybody heard from any of the other members lately???
    I everybody are just too busy so lets give it a couple of days and see what happens.
    I can't see a group as good as this one is falling apart
    we'll just have to keep it together.

I think they are all on facebook goofing off LOL :0)

Happy holidays everyone
    Hugs Carmen

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Hi petal pushers,
    Is this thread now closed?
    I got a card today from Kat,so it is not closed,:0)
    I received two recipe cards for some yummy drink,Hot Apple Cider & Tiquila,and Chocolate Winter Dream,made with Irish Cream,both sound sooooooooooo good.
    And i got some Hollyhock Seeds,with some really nice autum stickers, i love stickers!
    And i am a cat person,so i think the card is so cute,and i do love a hand written note,
    Thank you Kat,nice talking to you again,I wish you a very Merry Christmas,and a wonderful growing season.see you on the forum,ok
    cAROL

• katsgarden864
    14 years ago

Carol! I'm so glad you recieved the card!! I only wish I was able to get it to you sooner! It was good talking with you again and i'm sure i'll see you around the gardenweb!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!!

-kat

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

OH MY GOSH!!!!! What happened to our wonderful group???
    Is it that we don't do swaps in Dec.?

I have had such a wonderful time with group that I would be devasted if it no longer existed. What happened to all the members???? OUCH feels nobody loves us last few on here.

Hi Carol,Dan,Kat,Heidi, & Margret.

Does anybody want to do somthing for Dec.? I love to do somthing simple or complicated LOL.

put our heads together for some ideas or is it too late?

many hugs, carmen

• katsgarden864
    14 years ago

Hey everyone!!!

Carmen - No ideas here for december but I hope somthing comes around! Even if we just send eachother christmas cards!!

I was hoping that you guys could send me your addresses so I can mail you and your family a christmas card regardless if there is a swap for december or not! I sends cards to all my friends and family this time of year and this garden group are friends too!

Have a wonderful day!
    -kat

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hi Kat, I sending you an email with my addy.
    email me yours so I can do the same.
    I hope others will pop in too.

I was thinking that maybe we could do a swap on Christmas disasters or funny stories that have happened to us. just to share.

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Hi every one,I love the idea of stories.
    I will send you my addy,you send me yours, can some one send a list of every one who wants to take part in this one?
    Should a new posting be made?
    Lets keep this going.

Carman, how isthe shop?Was the cup,bone china?

cAROL

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Kat,you have my addy, maybe you need it again?
    cAROL
    I do think i need yours though.

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

I think that we need a new thread. We should call it "Disastrous December"

Along with our own personal stories we could post silly pictures and stories that we come across.

Heidi

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

ok Heidi,
    You get it going,ha ha
    cAROL

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

cAROL some how I thought that you would say that :o) I am going to think on it tonight and will try to post it tomorrow. I think we do need to send some type of seeds/ or seed related item along with our cards. Anyone have any thoughts....

Heidi

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

ok before I post this as its own, I want some approval from you all...

We will send... 3 packs of seeds that you partner will have success with and 1 pack that could be disastrous (Similar to what you need for winter solstice!!)

If we use a bubble envelope, it should cost 2-3 stamps.

Tell me your thoughts.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Hello Ladies,

Heidi, If you decide to do a small swap for the month of december,I'm in!

I have plenty of seeds to share with someone BUT not a lot of free cash on hand right now so a seed swap would work for me.

I hope everyone is safe and warm!

Lisa

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Thank you all for reaponding to my plea.

Heidi, I do like the seed idea but I'd like to also see some funny funny Christmas and even sad stories to make more interesting. I love for you to post it.

How about
    'December to remember'OR
    'Christmas tears Christmas joy'
    Im just throwing stuff out there LOL

Lots of hugs, Carmen

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

ok its posted
    Heidi