Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ruglady3010_gw

mark from sticker on stainless steel refrigerator

ruglady3010
14 years ago

I've tried everything and I can't get the imprint of the sticker off the refrigerator its almost as if it scratched it.

Comments (12)

• markw
    14 years ago

What is "everything"?

• cat_mom
    14 years ago

Goo Gone

• Fori
    14 years ago

WD40...Mr.Clean Magic Eraser...hmmm. Test everything on a hidden spot first (like the edge of the door where it meets another door).

I used to use powdered Ajax to clean my SS fridge, scrubbing with the grain of course.

• chickadeead
    14 years ago

Some one else already mentioned it, but I want to second their suggestion. I had the same problem and I carefully used Goo Gone (per instructions) and it worked!

• mom2reese
    14 years ago

I third Goo Gone - that's what I used to get residue off my fridge. I tested it first in a small area, and it was fine. I immediately followed it up with a good cleaning to make sure there was no Goo Gone residue just in case.

• amcook
    14 years ago

A few other things to try. First is alcohol. This should soften and help remove any residual adhesive. This might also remove some of the surface polish. Go to any hardware or appliance store and look for stainless steel polish and/or cleaner. Get one that claims both or one of each. Then apply to the spot. I've found it helpful to spray or rub on the cleaner and wait 5 min before applying a bit more and wiping. Do the same with the polish if you end up with separate polish and cleaner.

• mrtimewise
    14 years ago

I image that the marking is not a residue remaining but a change in the surface appearance. The metal might have a different sheen to it.

On our Dacor wall oven there was a small circular yellow sticker on the stainless steel next to the control panel (why I do not know). When the sticker was carefully removed, the surface showed where the circle had been. I did use Goo-Gone and cleaned it afterward. The "stain" was gone.

• funkyamazon
    14 years ago

Super fine steel wool with the grain works wonders. this is the 000 or 0000 variety. It will remove even stubborn rust stains that appear on stainless steel (i know, i know, it's not SUPPOSED to rust) but it does once in a while and this works. Our Gaggenau dishwasher had rust spots on the front and this got them off, looks like new. Follow with Sheila Shine.

It's the greatest thing ever. Expensive but it lasts forever. It's not the most environmentally friendly product but it's what the professional stainless steel people use. When I bought my commercial range and my fabricated my custom stainless sinks and counters in my last kitchen, this is what the steel worker recommended.

One tip- use the same rag, keep it in a little ziplock bag. I've had mine for years, you use less. My tiny can has lasted 5 years almost. I get it at the commericial kitchen supply, not sure if it's on the internet. The can is blue and white.

You won't be disappointed.

• cflips1963
    7 years ago

Goo Gone followed up with Stainless steel cleaner - Worked like a charm!

• susandeboth
    6 years ago

I used bon Ami with a damp paper towel. I tested it first on the side of the door. It worked great when goo gone didn't even touch it. Rub gently with the grain of the stainless steel. Then wipe dry.;-)

• Jennifer Durham
    2 years ago

Ya’ll Weiman stainless steel is god sent to get the packing tape ”shadow” off. This shadow was left after the sticky mess. I tried other stainless steel cleaner, goo gone, and dawn soap. Nothing worked for me, until this.