Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rockmanor

48 in. dual fuel range under $7K?

rockmanor
14 years ago

I'd hoped to postpone replacing our second defective Wolf range that the company bought back when their tests of the next replacement failed, but circumstances have changed. Our RE agent, who knows this market well, advised me to spend no more than necessary to fill the gap left by the former range.

I'm in the market for a dual fuel range and hope to spend less than $7K. So far, all I've found is Fisher & Paykel and FiveStar. The sales rep for the dealer I'd prefer to use doesn't think much of F&P. She also said that the FiveStar's small oven is gas in their DF; I'd prefer for both ovens to be electric. She mentioned KitchenAid but said their ovens are both 24" and didn't seem to like it any more than F&P.

Is there such a thing as a 48" DF w/ electric ovens, (one large & one small), for less than $7K?

Comments (4)

• susan3733
    14 years ago

I have a GE Monogram 48" dual fuel that I love (after having a very finnicky and frustrating DCS in my last house). My range cost $7800 about 6 months ago, and I don't know whether the price has wavered but, who knows, it may now meet your price requirements or maybe pricing is lower in your area. On the showroom floor, this range was just under $10,000, but I told the salesman that I didn't want to pay more than $8000 and he sold me the range for $7800 (not the floor model but a new one). It seems they are not as locked in to the prices on Monograms as on other brands such as Wolf so you'll have more bargaining power.

If that doesn't work, I think you can also check out the JennAir range. If I recall correctly it is dual fuel, but I don't know much else about it. I remember seeing it and being surprised by the reasonable price. You might also check out Electrolux. Also, don't forget to ask about pricing for floor models. Sometimes you can get a great bargain. Good luck!

• weissman
    14 years ago

Are you selling the house? If so, why do you care about dual fuel? You can get an all gas range a lot cheaper than a dual fuel and it really won't make any difference in your resale.

• rockmanor
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, Susan. I had a GE Monogram cooktop in a previous house that I liked very much, so will have to check out the range.

Weissman, I don't know how soon we will sell. If dh's job doesn't evaporate, or if he doesn't receive a good offer w/ relo package to move elsewhere, we will stay put for a few years at least. In that case, I want DF because I have a very bad history with gas ovens (including facial burns.) However, there have been some whispers of changes recently so I want to go ahead and fill that big gap in my kitchen since I don't think we'd want to try to sell the house without a range. Depending on the reason for the move, we might need to list quickly (or at least get two appraisals quickly) and would not want to wait several weeks (or longer) to install a new range.

• w0lfpack
    14 years ago

We have been looking and visited multiple showrooms and gotten some quotes. I will say (surprisingly) that the one that impressed us the most in every category including fit/finish, beefyness, performance was the 48" GE Monogram dual fuel... I was surprised but both wife and I liked it above the Wolf, Viking, Berta, or others. In all fairness, we are going to look at the Bluestar and dont have access to a Capital here in NC. Considering all of the above, the price quotes on the GE Monogram this week have been around the $9k and up range...but I also know they added some features between models like full extension slides(love this), convection(was told previous didnt have it), more.