Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
samat40

Why did I say Buy whatever you want Honey?

samat40
17 years ago

Moved into a new house and made the mistake of telling my DH to go buy whatever big screen he wants. And he did. Had to be not a 60 inch plain and simple, but a Sony DLP 60 inch that is actually 66 inches wide, making just about any entertainment center that fits in our family room too small.

I am limited as to total width of the unit-- needing to keep it under around 100 inches, but need the space in the console for the electronics, and shelves of some sort for the side speakers and the center speaker that should go over the top of the thing (can you tell I really don't know anything about this stuff?) We CAN get something from Stonecreek for $4k plus tax. Really didn't want to shell out that much. I haven't priced Customshoppe but even their stuff doesn't seem large enough-- stops at 61" wide. I imagine they will do special orders over their stock sizes, but that will probably cost more. Can anyone who has gotten things made custom tell me how much you had to pay?

I told the DH that he could have reduced the size by 8-10 inches, and spent the money we'd save on the cabinet buying more fancy gadgets for his soundsystem. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
More Discussions