Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rufinorox

We are re-painting ... Need help with the right color.

rufinorox
12 years ago

Ok so for those that have followed my post about hating the bathroom color. We are re-painting! He has agreed for me to pick a color - end of story. We need to get this done this weekend before the mirror is installed. I've had several suggestions on my previous post about what colors to choose. I want To get a few samples, but I'm torn between which I should narrow down to. I wanted more of a beige color versus something yellow, however it seems most posts are suggesting colors with a yellow tone. maybe I'm wrong in thinking the yellow would look bad?

Here are some of my BM choices

Mystic beige

Hazelnut cream

Putnam ivory

Brandy cream

Bar harbor beige

Pensive

Arizona tan

Behr - raffia cream

As you can see I'm not sure which color to choose!

Any help will be appreciated. I've posted images to my other post - bathroom color ... I hate it.

Thanks for your help!!

Comments (10)

• andreadeg
    12 years ago

Mystic Beige- a little too similar to your tile
    Hazelnut cream- hard to find a good picture of this online- does it have a gold undertone?
    Putnam Ivory- Very pretty- this one could work
    Brandy cream-looks a little pink on my monitor which wouldn't be good
    Bar Harbor Beige- this would make for a very beige bathroom
    Pensive- I like this color but it looks like it might have some pink in it, at least on my monitor
    Arizona Tan- also showing pink on my monitor
    Behr- Raffia Cream this could be pretty.

another color for you to consider, although I'm not sure it would go with your glass tile, is devine paint brand in "almond". It's a really intersting blue, grey, green specially formulated to go with travertine and travertine looking tile.

HTH

If you have time can you post more pictures of your bathroom?

Here is a link that might be useful: Devine Almond

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you! I will carefully look these over and hope to make a decision before the weekend. I forgot to mention - this may or may not change you color suggestions, but there will be an additional 3 light over the vanity that will give more lighting but can be turned off separetly.

• andreadeg
    12 years ago

I found more pictures of your bathroom in your previous post; I hadn't seen them before there in the middle of the thread! It looks like you have an olive green in the backsplash; you might consider a very soft olive green paint color.

next question...you said you are painting the door white and it looks your tub is white, in which case a cream color might not work well on the walls. You'll need to go with a color so that the cream and the white aren't fighting each other. I hope that helps.

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Amdrea no greens at all. I think images are hard to go by the tile seem to be going off the wrong shades. I went with a sample of raffia cream, but not sure this is the right color either.

• andreadeg
    12 years ago

Yeah, I think you are goign to have a hard time getting cream to work since you are going to have so much white in your bathroom. Perhaps a color would be better in your bathroom. Sorry this is so frustrating. I've been exactly where you are and ended up painating my bathroom a light beige. Not a color I love but it is a color that works well enough.

• User
    12 years ago

You may want to check out the new thread linked below. They have a similar toastie looking color with travertine and it may work for you as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: maybe this color would work for you

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

We decided against the creams. Thought the warmer beige looked better in our lighting. I think those who mentioned it was the shade were right. The pink undertone was just not right. I will be posting pictures, hopefully, of the final bath over the weekend.

Thanks for sharing!

• nosoccermom
    12 years ago

How about BM Sandy Brown?

• andreadeg
    12 years ago

Can't wait to see your bathroom repainted. Fingers crossed that it turns out well for you!

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks! I'm hoping the same.

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional