Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
love2sew_gw

Did Santa Bring any Quilty Goodies?

love2sew
15 years ago

I was thrilled to receive the bobbin side winder. I also got a mini iron that will be nice for workshops. I hope I don't burn the house down with it. It doesn't have a padded cover so I should make one. I don't care for the owner of our LQS so my daughter doesn't go and buy stuff there but I am very happy with my gifts. DD also crocheted a beautiful afghan. The first homemade gift I ever received from her..I love it.

Did any of you get new gadgets or fabric?????
Jean

Comments (20)

• vicky4x4
    15 years ago

Yep! I got a EQ6, a big board, fat quarters, two younger daughters bought me a thread holder and my oldest daughter made me a beautiful wall hanging. Lot's of quilty stuff here.

Vicky

• gerizone5
    15 years ago

No gadgets here but I did receive a set of fat quarters in the form of a star. Very cute and lovely fabric. Happy New Year.

Geri

• wendyfaye
    15 years ago

Sort of. I found 6 books and an Easy ruler for $20 on Kijiji. Merry Christmas to me.

Faye

• lindaoh_gw
    15 years ago

My DD & SIL gave me a jelly roll and a book with patterns for jelly rolls. I also received "The Quilter's Catalog" and a novel "A Single Thread" from DS & DIL.
    Linda OH

• jck1210
    15 years ago

Since I'm new to quilting and sewing I needed a lot more supplies! ;) DH gave me new scissors, bobbin holder, kwik klip, basting pins and and ironing pad since I work on our dining room table!!

I did get myself some new fabric at an after Christmas sale but its to make flannel quilts for DH and DD!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    15 years ago

No quilty things, but I got a mouse for my laptop! My family knows I usually get what I want, and when I want, along the quilty line.

I'm telling you, this online buying is just too easy. When the mood hits, it's there! Soooo, I figured I was overdue for a lift (don't tell them about the fabric I bought with you, Salijo) and placed an order at QIAD last Sunday figuring this was also a present to myself. I love being good to myself! *grin*

SharonG/FL

• solstice98
    15 years ago

DH gave me the 14" square rotating cutting mat I've been wanting; it fits on my sewing table so I can leave it out all the time and I love it! I didn't even know he had been paying attention but I guess I've talked about it more than I thought. (Either that or all the Joann's flyers with the circles and arrows and "This one, this is EXACTLY the one I WANT!" hints finally worked.)

Kate

• love2sew
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You gals did really well. I hit a couple big sales in November for fabric fixes so don't need any right now. Glad to see most of you included a "ME" gift while you were shopping.
    Happy New Year
    Jean

• damascusannie
    15 years ago

I didn't get any quilt-related stuff this year--but that's ok, I'm pretty well set up and in fact still haven't done anything with the FQs I got last year! I did get myself a Gypsy Gripper back in August as a treat for myself.

Annie

• petalpatsy
    15 years ago

We grown-ups draw names for Christmas, and so my BIL got me 12 quilting books (twelve days of Christmas.) My sister explained...his make-ends-meet weekend job is at a half-price bookstore, and he gets 30% employee discount. So...it wasn't too much after all, and I was gleeful!

• salijo
    15 years ago

There's such a thing as a rotating cutting mat? Wow...that sounds fabulous.
    Salijo

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

I got a Joann's gift card from my MIL and I bought a rotating mat, the 17" size. They are on sale this week at 40% off. I can see myself using it a lot. Now I have to wait until next week to play with it! That's when my kids and DH will be back to school and work.

Rebecca

• barbara_l
    15 years ago

I asked my son to make me a rack to hold my rulers in... and he made me one that was 24 inches long and has 8 slots to put the ruler in. Interesting as he made it from wood that was actually called 'quilters maple' and I must say it is a beautiful piece to look at. Instead of making me the ladder type quilt rack he gave me a computer.
    Barbara

• qmab
    15 years ago

My husband and I do not exchange gifts on Christmas. We exchange loyalty and an appreciation that the long nights of winter will begin to get shorter! Heating costs up here in the frozen north are overwhelming. We decorate the front door with branches we clip from fallen evergreens in our four acre forest so we do not invade or destroy any living tree and the door decoration is quite nice, humble, happy and very creative. We have fun doing that. There is a ten dollar limit on gifts I exchange with my two children who are miles and miles away in both directions. No need for either of us to go into debt or use credit cards for this. They can use the money otherwise spent for themselves. Have no grandchildren so what can I say? My husband's three children do not send gifts at all, and we do not send gifts to them either. I don't even know if they send a card as he gets the mail and does not share that with me. With the shipping costs, next Christmas, I may just send my two children the money instead.

• nanajayne
    15 years ago

I didn't get many gifts but I did get a yard of interesting B/W stripped fabric (like 2 1/2 jelly roll strips but printed togeather) and a small Gyspy Gripper that works great with the small cutting rulers. Then I bought myself a couple of things post Christmas with my Joanne's coupons. A small 20 yd. bolt of muslin (average out to be about $.63 a yd.!!) and a new cutting rule that I am crazy about Fons and Porters omnigrid 8"x14",50% off, Just the right size!!! I like buying presents for me and always do it for my BD and occasionally at Christmas. After all Christmas isn't over ujtil Jan. 6th. Jayne

• deannabsd
    15 years ago

I got a quick quilting magazine subscription and a little piece of fabric from my niece in law. They are moving to California so I will think of them especially each month when I get my issue. Hope to get out to get some fabric tomorrow to get started on a project.

happy new year. Deanna

• nanciii
    15 years ago

Hi Jean,

My employees gave me a gift card to the local boutique quilt shop $100.00 and then one of my employees and long time friend build me a quilt rack it's huge. I still need to take pics and find a place to put it.

Nanci

• lockeb
    15 years ago

Well, I did get a book - Jennifer Chiaverini's dual novels..
    THE CHRISTMAS QUILT and THE NEW YEAR'S QUILT..so I'm looking forward to reading that..
    But then today I went to my local Wal-Mart - and they just put all of their Christmas quilt fabrics on sale as I walked in - there was a group of better fabrics that I've never seen before - and so I thought WOW..I'll get some pieces of this for next year - a head start on building my Christmas stash - I got 3-4 yards of each one of them - so I came home very happy with 35 new yards....and only paid $1.95/yard..what a steal...came home, rolled each of them on a cardboard core and proudly put them on display in my workroom.....They are great.....now I just have to find something to do with tme..
    Hope you all had a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year!
    Cheers everyone!
    Bill

• calliope
    15 years ago

My poor husband is gift challenged. For several years, at Christmas and always at anniversaries, he waits until a couple days before and says "I didn't get you anything". He is waiting for a bail-out. I am easy and usually say "Oh fine, let's just get a joint gift (something for the house, or a couple days at a lodge.....) and let him off the hook. Well, this year on our anniversary he didn't even wish me a happy one. We usually go out to eat as a joint present. So, I didn't let him off easy this year.

When he said "I didn't get you anything, I just shot back, that's easily solved. A gift certificate to JoAnn's WORKS FOR ME!" And, that's exactly what I got.

• solstice98
    15 years ago

Bill - I'm so jealous! Our Wal-Marts all closed their fabric departments over a year ago. I miss them!

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor