Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amcfeely_gw

To all birthday swappers in amcfeely's groups

amcfeely
16 years ago

Ladies and Gentleman I have a small request. I usually try to keept track by your post if you are getting all your blocks, and if not who is late and if there is a problem that needs some help. But as of late I am just to busy. I don't even have time to check in here everyday anymore, much less read all your lovely posts. I do get in here a few times a week, but just not enough to keep up with all of you.

So my request is, could you please email me about a week or so after your birthday has passed and give me an update of your blocks. If any are late and you know they will be late or if any are just missing. It is very important to me that everyone received all there blocks. And I do, do all that I possibly can to make sure that happens. If you could all just help me out a little to make it a little easier for me I would really appreciate it.

I will hopefully have more time in the summer but right now my PTA duties are just taking up so much of my time. You wouldn't believe all the planning that goes into a school carnival and student teacher basketball game. And now we are considering a silent auction before the end of the school year as well. All this just doesn't give me much time to play.

Thank you all for you help and understanding.

Amy

Comments (16)

• rivgdn
    16 years ago

Amy, I have been waiting since November 1, for my two remaining blocks, from the Threadheads. I have not heard from either person. I do not know if I would have resigned up if I knew this would happen. I also know that life throws us a few curves, but a note would have been nice.

So, I hope that everyone in the new group gets their blocks from all who have signed up. I know they will from me.

Thanks, Jenny
    Thanks, Jenny

• lockeb
    16 years ago

Hi Amy,
    Thanks for posting that message.....I know that life throws all of us curve balls...but am I the only one that can't totally wrap my mind around the fact that someone doesn't have time to make a quilt block in a whole month......we are making 1 quilt block - not a whole quilt....- I don't mean to sound difficult - but it is true, commitments are commitments - and even when something does come up - a word to let that person know that they are not forgotten is a nice kind gesture....even if the block or whatever will be a month or 2 late...but 3 or 4 months I can't grasp....especially if the people that are not sending blocks have been the happy recipients of blocks on their birthday...Anyways, that's just my 5 cents worth - I guess for me this is a fun project that I've decided to do - the swaps are meant to be that.....just for the record, I work full-time with crazy hours....and even with my quilt blocks - I still eat and sleep...

• amcfeely
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lockeb,

I completely agree with you. I think it should definatley be a fun project. And I also think that it shouldn't be to hard for people to send there blocks. I know for me, that I wasn't going to have enought time this year and didn't want to continually be late and take the fun out of it. So I decided not to do the swap this year, just organize it. I still fill in if needed. As for the one block a month not being to hard. It shouldn't be, but I know I haven't been able to get into my sewing room for the last 3 months or so. I did do a couple of blocks to finish up last years swap but I rushed and ended up having to redo them because I was so stressed for time. Which made it even worse. And for me that's not how I like to sew.

Jenny I am so sorry you still did not recieve your blocks. I was under the impression that those were being taken care of by the people who were late. I will look up your info and have two blocks out to you by next week. I will set some time aside in the morning to start working on them. I really thought they were taken care of. Please accept my apoligies for dropping the ball on that one.

Amy

• amcfeely
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jenny I just looked up your info and I can definately whip you up a couple of blocks. They will be a nice little diversion for me tomorrow. I love 1930's and have a great little collection and I already have the 1930's off white to go with it. And it's actually in my little cubby besided my sewing machine so I won't have to hunt for anything. So have no fear your blocks will be whisking there way to you shortly.

Amy

• amcfeely
    Original Author
    16 years ago

bump

• nana24
    16 years ago

My b/d is not until June but I think it sounds like an idea. I'll be glad to give you a report.

Sally

• bettyatp
    16 years ago

Amy , I am still waiting for a block from
    Mollie Book Lover and thats from this pass Dec.
    That is why I DID NOT sign up again !!
    Of course Her Birthday was in January!!LOL!!!

• amcfeely
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Betty according to the posts you recieved all 12 of your blocks. You recieved two from Juttz. She stepped in for Mollie who had some issues come up and contacted Juttz to let her know she just couldn't continue. Judy decided to make an extra block for the members that would not recieve one from Mollie. Instead of me having to make them. Sometimes this happens and someone just can't continue. But we always try to make sure that you recieve your 12 blocks. When we know that this happens.

I am sorry you didn't sign up this year because of this. Some people didn't even get 12 blocks because so many people left the group. But there were a few of us this last year sending extra blocks to try and make sure everyone got as many as possible. Be thankful you were a Sunbonnet Susie and actually had a great group. The Rippettes last year fell apart and ended the year with only 5 or 6 members still sending. But we percevered and tried to get them as many blocks as we could anyway.

I know that I make it perfectly clear from the get go that this is a year long committment. But sometimes life just happens and things can't be forseen. We all have to take this into account. Mollie told her group leader she couldn't continue and that group leader made the decision to fill in herself rather than try to find another person. I'm sorry if this may not have been relayed to you. And to make the comment that well Mollie's Birthday was in January just isn't right. She did the best she could and when she just couldn't anymore she told Judy so that a replacement could be found. Because she didn't want anyone to be shorted a block.

I am truly sorry if this may offend you but I find it highly offensive to make that snide remark when you recieved 12 blocks from all those great ladies in your group and so many others didn't this last year because there group members just fell of the face of the earth. And didn't really care what happened. Your group did.

Amy

• rivgdn
    16 years ago

Amy, I do not feel that you should be responsible. Things happen and that is that. I will make do with what I have and will hopefully have a better year with this group. They all seem to be right on and willing and able to complete the blocks.

Thanks, Jennuy

• bettyatp
    16 years ago

Amy, I had no idea that Judy was sending for Mollie . I thought she was sending 2 to everyone !!
    I did thank her for the extra block and she never said that it was b/c Mollie droped out . I found out when I did not get mine !!

• amazingcm
    16 years ago

bump

• patruth
    16 years ago

Amy, just to let you know since you asked us to, I got ten of my birthday blocks. I haven't heard from the other ladies but I think one has a sick husband. The other ,I don't know. Please under the circumstances do not make any for me. In fact I am in the process of making three, two of which are for me. I also have a bunch that I made years ago when I took a class. Say "hi" to Conner for me. His card is in the mail today.
    Pat

• nanajayne
    16 years ago

Amy,
    I am new to this group but so you know, I am working on the list you sent. I sent out maryp's block today. I am having trouble fining the pattern for littlefire, if anyone can help with it I would sure appreciate it as her BD is Apr. 3rd and she lives "across the water". Jayne

• littlefire
    16 years ago

Just to let you all know the Ocean pattern has been mailed to Jayne (on 17th morning UK time and 18th Mar 08 evening UK time)
    I'm just awaiting confirmation she has received it
    Ethne

• amcfeely
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ethne I emailed her the attachment too. I forgot about it when I sent her the list.

Amy

• robin1962_2008
    16 years ago

Amy,I sent you an email. Robin