Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angelcub_gw

Can anyone help me find this chair style?

angelcub
14 years ago

The chairs I'm referring to are on the "Can I please see your fireplace, with bookcases surrounding it ?" thread and in the pic toward the bottom that is ZuZu's room. I would post the pic here but I'm not sure where the poster got it from and don't want to violate any c/r rules.

I wouldn't want the pink floral, although it's lovely, but something more in blues and greens. I just really love that style. I'm in So.Cal., I.E. area but L.A./O/C. isn't too far to drive to if anyone knows of a store out here that might have a chair in that style.

Thanks, Diana

Comments (12)

• whenicit
    14 years ago

I would try the Wesley Hall web site. Also precedent-chairs dot com. There are a few similar...

• mom2reese
    14 years ago

It's a club chair - if you google for toile club chair or club chair, you'll get lots of hits in a wide price range.

Here's one that's super spendy, but droooool...

• whenicit
    14 years ago

Hickory Chair as well, see link

Here is a link that might be useful: Hickory Chair - the first one is close

• justgotabme
    14 years ago

Diana, I was the one that posted Zuzu's living room. I saved it to my computer from here and then added it to photobucket. Always do it that way. Don't want to steel anyones bandwidth.
    I have no clue where to get the chairs though.

• amysrq
    14 years ago

Try Lee. Lots of great fabrics.

Here is a link that might be useful: Maybe?

• angelcub
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all so much! I will check out the links. I've seen this chair with slight variations for many years and always liked them. I'd really like to sit in one before buying but if anyone knows they are comfy I will just buy them site unseen. lol

justgotabme, thanks for the PB tip. I wasn't sure if it belonged to you so didn't want to swipe your pic. : )

momtoreese, YES! I love that one! My DH doesn't like toile. It reminds him of Wind in the Willows, a book that scared him as a child. Silly man, he'll get over it. ; ) Thanks for finding it!

I don't think that's a bad price if it's good quality. It's just DH and me most of the time and we aren't hard on furnishings. I have a Broyhill chair that was marked down from $800 to $500 that I got for $450 (talked them down another $50) and it still looks practically new after 3-4 years.

whenicit, that site has some lovely chairs. Thanks!

amysrq, thanks! I saw it on the Lee site awhile back but when I used the dealer locator it came up with a place that did not have that chair. Darn. Maybe I will call them and see if they can locate it for me.

I need two. Two in that blue toile! : ) Gawd, I'm so tempted to click and buy. lol!

Diana

• User
    14 years ago

I have wesley hall chairs that look almost identical to those. The style number is 1665

• budge1
    14 years ago

Here is one that always reminds me of zuzu's room - and it's on sale too I think.

Here is a link that might be useful: love this chair

• segbrown
    14 years ago

Those are English arms, which might help in a google search.

• juddgirl2
    14 years ago

I was thinking the same thing when I saw ZuZu's picture again., because I'd like to order a sofa and two matching chairs for my living room.

If you're in the So Cal area, check out Sofa Craft in Laguna Hills. That's where I'm ordering mine. Custom made, 8-way hand tied and down cushions are available, and a ton of fabric selections, at a much lower price than retail. It's just a small shop in an industrial area, but I visited and really liked the look and feel of their sofas.

I'm planning on ordering their English roll arm sofa and 2 matching chairs (but with slipcovers), which look very much like Zuzu's chairs. You could also bring a picture in and they could probably duplicate the chair. (I'm not affiliated, just excited to find an affordable alternative to Restoration Hardware!) They don't have a lot of patterned material to choose from, but they said I could bring in my own fabric and get a reduced price if I wanted to do something different on the chairs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sofa Craft

• camlan
    14 years ago

" I've seen this chair with slight variations for many years and always liked them. I'd really like to sit in one before buying but if anyone knows they are comfy I will just buy them site unseen."

Just a bit of a warning--the only way to know if a chair is going to be comfy for *you* is to sit on it. What makes a chair comfortable for one person isn't the same as for another. People are different heights. Chairs that may look the same may have different seat depths, leg heights, etc.

That's the main reason I don't buy chairs or sofas on-line. I really need to sit in them, pretend to be reading a book, or putting a cup of tea down on a side table, in order to know if that particular chair will work for me.

Some friends of mine completely redid their living room. I loved their old sofa; it was so comfortable. They love their new sofa, which is more comfortable for them. But they are much taller than I am. When I sit on their sofa, the seat is so deep that in order to rest my back on the back of the sofa, my legs are sticking out like a little kid's.

• angelcub
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all for the added info. Budge, I like that chair, too, but it looks a little small. I think you should get it. : )

juddgirl2, thanks for the info on Sofa Craft. I will add them to the ever growing sources list. I'm near Wrightwood but do make it down to the Laguna area in the summer to see friends. Also Anaheim to see our beloved Angels. :)

camian, you make some very valid points. Like you, I generally like to sit in a chair before buying it. I'm not a big gal but I like to curl up in a chair so I like the seat deep and wide. Some of the ones I'm seeing on line look a little too narrow and not deep enough.

But I do like that toile one and the dimensions are good, the fabric and color is perfect, and the style is exactly what I want. But the best part - my DH likes it!!! Didn't even say ugh! to the toile. So I'm not ruling it out!

Diana