Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

My front door re-do

Sueb20
11 years ago

A few weeks ago I posted about deciding on a door color for my front door, which had been unpainted oak for about 15 years. I am really happy with the new look! Thought I'd share:

Before door:

During...

After:

And as you all know, one simple project can lead to others. Funny how I never noticed how small my front-door mat was until now, so of course I had to get a new one. Then I needed a new wreath for the door, for fall. And it was time for the pumpkins and fall plants anyway. The new light fixture had been purchased long ago but it took 'til now for DH to get around to installing it.

Also switched out the black urn planters for brick-colored ones I had at the back door.

Comments (23)

• awm03
    11 years ago

Very nice! What's the name of the paint color?

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oops, should have included that! It's BM Artichoke. And the trim is Linen White.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Well done!!!

• teacats
    11 years ago

Gorgeous re-do!!! :)

Very elegant!

And yes! it is funny how many more projects seem to mushroom when doing "Just One Thing!" LOL! :)

• loribee
    11 years ago

Beautiful...just love it!

• grlwprls
    11 years ago

Oh, I love that! It really complements your brick.

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

Nice re-do. I love the new light fixture.

• tinam61
    11 years ago

Looks great Sue!

tina

• Lyban zone 4
    11 years ago

Beautiful colour. I also like your new light.

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

I like it very much. Nice choice of green.

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

Love the Artichoke and the new light fixture. Everything really looks great together.

• SunnyCottage
    11 years ago

I absolutely love it! Your choice of color is perfect, and if you don't mind, I may "borrow" that color for my own front door when I get around to repainting it.

• bestyears
    11 years ago

Really, really beautiful!!!

• User
    11 years ago

Love it! Wonderful green, and BM Linen is one of my favorite whites.

• Tmnca
    11 years ago

I thought the before was very nice - but then I saw the after and it's even more beautiful! ANd I am sure a welcome change for you, too.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    11 years ago

What a beautiful entry! You did a great job.

• graywings123
    11 years ago

That is lovely!

Is that a brown primer on the door in the middle picture?

• porkandham
    11 years ago

Very pretty!

• tinker_2006
    11 years ago

perfect!! Amazing how a front door makeover changes things!

• Jess TKA
    11 years ago

I love it! When I saw the Before pic I worried for a second because I really liked it as it was but then I saw the After and went "Ooooohhhh... pretty!" We need to either re-paint or stain our front door in the spring so I may save this color as one of our options to consider.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, all!

Graywings, the middle pic is just one coat of the door paint. He did use a primer prior to the first coat, but I wasn't home when he did it so I don't know what color primer he used. I think he mentioned that he might use a gray primer...?

• stinky-gardener
    11 years ago

Wow, that's so pretty Sue! I love the color! Your Moravian star light fixture is a beauty too, as well as all the stone and slate around the steps... really gorgeous. Your autumnal decor is lovely. You have created a wonderful, welcoming, cheerful entry! That green looks marvelous with the Fall accessories & colors, but will be fun to work with at Christmas too...and Easter! Very versatile!

• User
    11 years ago

WOW...door looks great but you really hit it when you accessorized . It looks warm and welcoming. Nice job . c