Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Quick - which one? Carpenter comes in a.m.

User
9 years ago

I'm mainly looking for reassurance. Having beadboard backsplash installed. Using trim along the bottom.

Found this one (A) and like it better. Bought it. Good?

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

This was the original trim (B). I just don't like how bulky the edge is. And there's a little space under that edge.
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

We're buying a GE Cafe electric range. The range will be installed against the wall. Originally I was going to use B trim and strop it at the sides of the range because of this. Specs say the height is 36-1/4" +/- 1/4" - I'm assuming that means it can be adjusted. ?
Pic of the range. (We're installing tin behind it.)
{{!gwi}}
Tin splash similar to this.
Cooperbailey
{{!gwi}}

Option A or B?

If B, stop at the sides or run straight behind? I think the right answer, in this case, is stop at the sides.

Thanks!

This post was edited by sheesharee on Wed, Oct 8, 14 at 19:01

Comments (10)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

I prefer the smaller profile.

• auntie_ellen boston
    9 years ago

Option A - looks perfect and won't be a crumb catcher! Stop at sides and put tin a little lower than range so it will look more finished from the sides/top? Can't wait to see it!

• lilkitten
    9 years ago

Definitely A.

• User
    9 years ago

I like A. B would be impossible to keep clean underneath.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

A it is. Thanks everyone! I'll post some progress pics later tomorrow.

• xc60
    9 years ago

A is my vote too. B looks like a chair rail upside down. Good luck tomorrow:)

• User
    9 years ago

I like your choice of molding but would run backsplash behind stove, then would affix a sheet of glas or lucite in front of backsplash behind stove, that spacers keep about a quarter inch from the wood. I've seen lots of kitchens with backsplashes protected like that against spills and splatters from the stove.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kswl - I'm running the splash behind the stove too. (You mean splash and not trim, right?)I was going got use the tin over top. Never thought of glass or lucite. Where to buy?
    Still stopping the trim along the sides of the stove I think....

Here's here now. ....yay.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Looks much better IRL.
    FWIW, the bb stops at the cabinet. The white above the window trim is where the wood valance was covering and there's no paint there.
    {{!gwi}}

He'll be back Monday to install the crown up top and change out the black base on the island. I'm staining the island for now and can always paint later.

Just about to start staining. Still planning to paint the walls BM Shaker Beige. The bb may end up painted Shaker at 50%. You can see the white in the counters IRL, but I think it still looks a little too stark. I need to see the rest finished. I actually feel like painting first - maybe because it's not as big of a project - but need to wait until the cabinets are stained.

Also planning to make a faux roman for at the window and recovering the chairs (not shown).

Thanks!

This post was edited by sheesharee on Thu, Oct 9, 14 at 20:11

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

It looks great! Can't wait to see it with the island changes and the shaker beige on the walls. I like the white bead board.