Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
huango

It only took 30hours!!! but we're 1 step closer to completion

huango
10 years ago

SOOOOO excited!
It only took ~30hours but my knife drawer is finally done!!!

(Well, not all done. Still need to paint the unfinished wood but that's INside the door, so you can't tell when the door is shut).

Reminder: We renovated our kitchen, familyroom, and keeping room for 6months, then took a 6month break due to renovation exhaustion.
Just toe kicks, TV cabinet doors, touch-up paint, buy 7 upper cabinet knobs, and decoration to be done.

--> Will we be done before the 1 year anniversary of demo (on Sept 14)?

Thanks for letting me share my excitement.
None of my real life friends understand. :)

Amanda

Sorry no finished pictures, but here's a sneak peak (sorry for poor quality, taken w/ phone):
{{!gwi}}

Comments (17)

• Jbrig
    10 years ago

Now that's just cruel, to post such a teaser of what is obviously a beautiful space ;-) Can't wait to see the rest!

• MiMi
    10 years ago

That is so beautiful!... I love everything about this space...I especially love the lights

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Beautiful!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Love those windows - but not fair to take a picture that leaves us in suspense!

• williamsem
    10 years ago

Tease! Looks great! Do you love having the faucet handle in the front as much as I do? Even DH hasn't figured out how to make a mess yet! Makes me smile and think if GW every time :-)

• taggie
    10 years ago

Oh my, that is so beautiful!!! Wow, wow, wow. Love those lights and counters especially.

• rkb21
    10 years ago

Looks like a beautiful space. I can't wait to see your finished pictures !!!

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

That fabulous long counter run - I sigh in appreciation every time I see it :) I know what you mean about real friends not understanding. I was very much taken aback when one of my best friends had no interest in the tour, the first time she came over. As a reminder, I'm on the North Shore of Boston and I'm on vacation this coming week; would love to come see your fabulous kitchen if the offer still stands and it's convenient for you. PM me if you would like to try to arrange something. Best, oldbat2be

• amykath
    10 years ago

That is stunning! Love all the windows and the sconces are to die for! GORGEOUS!!!!! I want to see more!

• kksmama
    10 years ago

It looks like those lights were created specifically for your counters and cabinets, SO perfect!

• deedles
    10 years ago

I would also like to see a close up of the lights. It looks beautiful in there!

• bookworm4321
    10 years ago

I like the pulls; what are they?

• CEFreeman
    10 years ago

That's really gorgeous.

But it all pales in the face of that happy, excited smile. Perfect accessory for a really beautiful kitchen. It wouldn't be the same without it.

• rosie
    10 years ago

So true. You're the perfect accessory for that wonderful work counter. I love what you're doing.

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Gorgeous so far!

• huango
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh thank you everyone for your kind/generous words.

I didnâÂÂt mean to tease with just 1 picture, but I am sure that I would have gotten more posts asking for at least 1 picture. ïÂÂ
    The picture was taken by my friendâÂÂs phone for whom I was making dinner (shrimp/marinated artichoke hearts in a garlic/capers/white wine sauce).
    Enjoying the nice company and good glass of wine = nice big smile.

Dbfirewife/taggie/aktillery/kksmama/deedles: about the sconces:
    - need to give AOKATâÂÂs a shoutout for the inspiration from her beautiful kitchen)
    - Ugh: Thank you, and yes, I do love those sconces âÂÂlike those lights were created specifically for your counters and cabinetsâÂÂ. BUT I will never get them again. The quality control of these sconces was horrific. I had to go through 9-10 sconces to get these 4 because they were so incredibly flawed. I think that is why they no longer sell them. LampsPlus were ok w/ the returns etc.

Williamsem: Handle in the front = much less splashing.
    âÂÂmakes me smile and think of GWâÂÂ: oh, I have so many things to be thankful for with Gardenweb. Everyone has been AMAZING!!!

Olbat2be: ThatâÂÂs why: YES, my offer for a tour for anyone nearby is definitely open.
    I will PM you and we can set it up.

âÂÂfriend had no interest in the tourâÂÂ: FUNNY! I get rather taken back also when my friends (who have not seen the kitchen) just say âÂÂNiceâÂÂ, and then move onto enjoying their drink or sitting down and start yakking about a blouse they just purchased or something. Like that blouse is important?!?! What about my use of my 4â filler (for my cutting board)? Or what about how my beloved Vitamix easily slides away when IâÂÂm done w/ it? DonâÂÂt you want to know about my spice jars?
    HAHHAHHAHAAA.

Bookworm: pulls = Ikea Varde, w/out the little round âÂÂrosetteâÂÂ. I wanted something simple, quiet, and doesnâÂÂt catch on my clothing, so these were perfect for us.
    Now finding the right crystal knobs for my only 5 upper cabinets are another thing. Oy!

Again, thank you very much: for the compliments and mostly, for all your help in so many things. IâÂÂve learned so much from GW. My kitchen would have never been as fantastic if it werenâÂÂt for GW.
    I often feel bad for people who discovered GW late in their renovation/design process. IâÂÂve been on GW for ?7years, so when we started down this road for this kitchen/renovation, I was ready. I had my tools/know-how ready to go. And if I didnâÂÂt, I knew where to ask! ïÂÂ

Amanda

• blfenton
    10 years ago

Like that blouse is important?!?! What about my use of my 4â filler (for my cutting board)?

LOL. I agree completely! The teaser pic is stunning. More, please.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who wonders why others aren't as excited about my kitchen as I am. That's why I still hang around here.