Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raymondtwp

Real Men Say "EEK!"...

raymondtwp
11 years ago

Over a kitchen remodel like THIS. I may or may not have let out a man "eek" when I saw this kitchen. If It made a grown man "eek" I figured I should at least share with the people who help inspire my projects.

This is now on my "someday.....sigh..." wish list.

Found on their facebook (www.facebook.com/craftart) but can't seem to link to that so i will just link to their site.

Here is a link that might be useful: craft art kitchen - wood and granite countertops with sage cabinets and prep sink

Comments (24)

• Circus Peanut
    11 years ago

Wowsa. I think the sheer number of knives in that photo make me eek, too. Copper and wood, mmmmmm.

You are in excellent male company - forum member Johnliu used to lament that there aren't enough curves in current kitchen design.

• Fori
    11 years ago

There's some weird stuff going on in there!

Almost like they were going for wheel chair accessible and then decided "aww *^&%$ it" half way.

But definitely some pretty stuff going on in the photo. (no idea what's on the FB page--hopefully an explanation!)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    11 years ago

Sorry, I think that is plain bizarre. Like a wading pool for pets or something.

Plus ergonomically, I don't see how this works at all. You'd need to lean forward to use the faucet, with all that wood in the way. Am I missing something?

• remodelfla
    11 years ago

but it's purty

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Makes me say eek too, but not in a good way. Sorry, don't know how to say this more politely, but it reminds me of a toilet bowl!

• kitchendetective
    11 years ago

At least island said it before I did.

Pretty materials, though.

• Bunny
    11 years ago

I'm sorry, I think it's awful. That bowl is like something you spit into at the dentist's. And all those matchy knives? Ugh.

• ginny20
    11 years ago

I do love that wood, though, all those little pieces, what, glued together? Very pretty effect.

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

mmm....not so much..

• deedles
    11 years ago

Man eek. Lol.

Dentist spit bowl, LOL.

Pretty wood, thought and the copper sink is gorgeous.

• springroz
    11 years ago

Does that raised bar raise and lower? That would be cool, for when you want to "close off" your kitchen! I love the wood, and the copper sink, but it's a bit chunky for me.

Nancy

• mtnrdredux_gw
    11 years ago

I am telling you, (questionable) aesthetics aside, you would ruin your back using that sink.

• westsider40
    11 years ago

It's like a cliche of badness. Those Cutco knives belong in a drawer.

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

I didn't say "eek!"

I said, aloud, "Oh, My, GOD, what the he@ll is that!"

And to think someone stepped back and said, "Ohhh, it's beautiful!"

What're you going to do with that?

• User
    11 years ago

Yeah, no.

• lee676
    11 years ago

How do you access the cabinets under the sink without bashing your head on the ledge?

• doc8404
    11 years ago

Oh my. For me, it's an "ICK" kitchen.

If I came home to that - either me or the kitchen would soon be out on the driveway making an exit. It suggests to me what a Roman vomitorium should be.

I really don't like it. But, different strokes and all. . . .

Doc

• raymondtwp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I think I was drawn to the Huge piece of wood with the cool construction and the copper sink and lost all of my sense about function (shamefully staring at my shoes and kicking dust)... reaching into that sink may not be super easy now that I think about it. What's the word... ergonomic? I think there may have been an ergonomic miss step.

Let me go back to my huge piece of wood dreams now.

Sigh....

• peonybush
    11 years ago

Looks like the machine that makes cotton candy to me.
    Not feeling this design.

• drewem
    11 years ago

Nope, not feeling it either. Eek, in a bad way. However, the cabinets are a nice color.

• Susan
    11 years ago

meh, all flash and no substance.
    prolly cost a mazillion dollars too, so well worth an eek at the very least!
    i'd be more inclined to a holy carp batman!

• louisianapurchase
    11 years ago

I like it. I like that it doesn't fit into the current design box. I like the way the entire island is designed as to provide some interest though I'll concede that the edging around the sink may be a little too deep. It looks as if the cooking area would function really well though we don't get to see the rest of the kitchen. Ref and pantry placement. Of course this is coming from someone who for one of her many, many aesthetic iterations of her (hopefully very soon to be) kitchen remodel has putty cabinets, rojo alicante marble, butcher block, brass, and stainless as her finishes. So one could see why this kitchen is appealing to me. Many probably consider those dated finishes but done properly that have a great amount of charm and part of this particular iteration is to look as if it had been done a while ago. Like I said before....I like it!

• clinresga
    11 years ago

It's hideous. It's not so much the design of the huge wooden counter itself, but rather the incredible disconnect between that highly contemporary, architectural counter and the fussy, old-fashioned base cabs and hardware. That picture belongs in the dictionary under the definition for non sequitur. It makes my skin crawl.

Not to mention those equally hideous knives.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Yuck....how do you balance dishes or anything else on the edge of the sink before you wash them? Who gets to climb up on the counter to reach the raised center counter to wipe it off? And how much stuff will land on the floor getting knocked off the lower counter under the open space with the upper counter.

Nope, form follows function and this one just doesn't function.