Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamadadapaige

Bar area finally done.. pics

mamadadapaige
15 years ago

It took me forever to get glass panels for the doors in the bar cabinets. Found a very talented lady who made them for me with leaded glass. I LOVE the little pulls that I found from Horton Brasses. Had the back wall wallpapered because it was looking a little too cold.

I hope you like it. I am really happy with how it came out, particularly the glass doors.

Comments (18)

• farmhousebound
    15 years ago

Love it!! The glass panels are gorgeous!

• amylville
    15 years ago

Lovely. The wallpaper is a nice touch

• danielle00
    15 years ago

WOW.. I really like it a lot! I remember you went with Crown Point for the other part of your kitchen-- what species/stain do you have in your bar area? It looks fantastic.

• mamadadapaige
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thank you!

danielle, crown point didn't build the bar. we had our General Contractors build it. we went with the same stain that went on the floor (indian summer by carlisle).

• iris16
    15 years ago

Very attractive! I really like the glass.

• rhome410
    15 years ago

Love the new that looks old! Nice job. I saw the photo without the wallpaper, and it was a good call and a wonderful choice with your glass.

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

Love, love, love it. You have such a keen eye for design and decorating. The wallpaper and glass really pulls it all together. And your beautiful ocean green granite....what an amazing stone.

• lyno
    15 years ago

This is so pretty! I love the glass, she did a beautiful job! Those little pulls are such a perfect finishing touch! Is the pretty counter soapstone? If it is, what kind is it?

• chefkev
    15 years ago

That is really elegant. I now have "bar area" envy.

• maydl
    15 years ago

It's just lovely, especially the glass AND how you've displayed your pretty things!

• bobskitchen
    15 years ago

I like your choice in wine!

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

I really love how the wall cabinets and shelves work together. Looks beautiful!

• evilbunnie
    15 years ago

I love it! I have "bar area" envy too!

• catsam00
    15 years ago

Mamadadapaige - it looks great. You are truly talented. I love your kitchen - the window, butcher block island, range hood, cabinets, the colours that compliment each other without being overpowering - I can go on and on. From your layout it looks like your bar area is in front of your dining area and open to the kitchen and the living room. Is that right? So no 'seperate' dining room? We are almost complete with our renovation and opened the dining area to the kitchen and we are quite happy. I'm at the point where I need to finish the backsplash, pick lighting etc and am stuck. I would love to get your advise on some things? Are we allowed to email GW members or do you just post a message on the board with your GW name? Sorry, I didn't mean to take over your post.

• mamadadapaige
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thanks everyone! catsam, so nice of you to say.... absolutely email me. I think you can do that through clicking on my page. If it doesn't work out, post again and let me know.

• catsam00
    15 years ago

mamadadapaige - when I click on My Page it doesn't have an email tag. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I think you have to set it up in your profile page. I will try to set mine up and let you know.

• pbrisjar
    15 years ago

Ver, very nice. I love those little pulls, too. I've seen similar ones around and have been quite attracted to them. I'll have to keep them in mind for our dining room redo.

• catsam00
    15 years ago

mamadadapaige - in order to send emailes you have to specify this my editing your profile. I set mine up if you want to email me and I can then email you back. Thanks.