Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luaithrinn

Three many petalled roses: yellow and pink/apricot - lots of pics

karatepop
9 years ago

Hello! First let me tell you that I am not at all aware of the technical rose colour names (like the RHS use). In this post, I'll just use layman yellow and pink. It's hard to get accurate colour on camera, as I'm sure you're all aware.

Pertinent information: I'm in Victoria, BC, zone 6b/7a. These roses (and maybe two or three others that I don't have photos of) are in my aunt's front garden, which is south-facing. These roses (the big ones anyway, I'm not positive about the smaller one) bloom from [at least] May-November (end of).
She inherited the roses when she bought the house about 15 years ago. The house itself was built in 1911 (if that's important.. just in case).

I've made an album on Flickr so you can make the images a bit bigger and look at more if you need to - they're all dated and have information in the description. Thank you so much for taking the time!

All three in 2012. The smaller one in front (Small Pink) is 3-4 feet always. The other two grow up to the window. My husband (in the photo, surely pleased I've posted this) is 6'3.

{{gwi:2131080}}

Small Pink bud:
{{gwi:2131081}}

Small Pink flower - the colour is a bit more delicate than that, stamen are yellow:
{{gwi:2131082}}

Small Pink bush:
{{gwi:2131083}}

Yellow bud:
{{gwi:2131084}}

Yellow opening in November (starts VERY yellow - pretty accurate here):
{{gwi:2131085}}

Yellow open (80+ petal count):
{{gwi:2131086}}

Yellow fading (fairly accurate colour - pale, creamy, nude-like buttercream):
{{gwi:2131087}}

Yellow thorns and hips:
{{gwi:2131088}}

Yellow new, healthier growth:
{{gwi:2131089}}

Big Pink Hips (the three together):
{{gwi:2131090}}

Big Pink Flower:
{{gwi:2131091}}

I'm not sure if this is Big Pink or Yellow.. there's a yellow back left, so I think it's a pink.
{{gwi:2131092}}

Yellow and Big Pink together:
{{gwi:2131093}}

The yellow rose is, I would say, fairly strongly scented. Note: I am very sensitive to smell. It had a bit of a fruity smell if I recall correctly. I'm not sure about the others.

Additional, not necessary, info: She does nothing to them except that every year and a half, someone comes by to chop them. Since we have similar taste as far as plants go, she's left them up to me. I want to be sure I know when/how to prune them and to take care of the rust (?). That's the reason for the ID. I know a definite one is unlikely, but just narrowing it down would help a lot.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rose Album with additional photos

Comments (2)