Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ashley_crock

Big bathroom with nowhere to hang towels. Please Help!

ashley_crock
8 years ago

We are nearing completion of our new build home and we cannot figure out where to hang out towels! The wall nearest the door has only a 5" space of free wall space with the in-floor heat controller and the light switches. I think it would be strange to have to hang all of our hand towels and shower towels on the other end of the room where the toilet is located, but I can see another option. Any suggestions?

Comments (18)

• Maureen
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

A double wall towel rack near the toilet, a floor rack by the tub and mutliple hooks on the back of the door to dry them. Plus hand towels on a stand on the counter.

Jamie Herzlinger · More Info
    An Updated Classic Hall Bath · More Info

• luvsparis
    8 years ago
    I am having the same dilemma with our new build house. The builder put a towel bar on the one wall space big enough. I don't think it's big enough to hang 2 towels. When we move in I plan to take down the towel bar and replace it with hooks. Good suggestion for a towel ring for a hand towel.
  • Penina
    8 years ago
    I would put a towel ring in those few inches of space near the temp controller and a matching one on the wall facing it. I think it's ok if it covers the outlet since that's not permanently in use. Towel rings don't need much space
  • njschaefer78
    8 years ago
    There are also towel rings that sit on your countertop, if you can't find another solution that suits you.
  • leelee
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Get a floor towel rack. They hold several towels and you can move it around.

For hand towels just place them on the counter--two or three layered on top of each other. Replace them daily.

I wouldn't suggest one of those stand up towel holders that sit on the counter--they're not very functional.

• leelee
    8 years ago

It doesn't look like there's enough room to install your faucets? Are the sinks installed?

The pulls look over-sized and quite clunky for your cabinets.

• Kelley Dockrey
    8 years ago
    I assume that you will have a shower enclosure and door. I would look at the options for towel bars that can be part of the enclosure and / or door.
  • cpaul1
    8 years ago

With no walls, you are going to have create your own space for towels. You can do the small holders on the small side walls, you can use either counter or floor standing holders, you can put a bar on the shower enclosure, and then strategically placed hooks.

• J. .
    8 years ago

If you don't have a pocket door, you can install 2-3 bars on the door (we have two). We also have a robe hook on each side of the toilet for additional towels.

• miacometlady
    8 years ago
    Hang towels behind door or keep a hamper in the master closet.
  • drbarb03
    8 years ago
    We had the same dilemma when redoing our bathroom a year and a half ago. We opted for a robe hook for bath towels. We love it! It is easy to grab the towel from the shower. For the hand towels, you can easily do as we did and put a towel ring by each sink.
  • ashley_crock
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Wow, those suggestions are excellent, I am going to get some different sized towels and take them to the space and try it out. I had not considered hooks on the door, that could definitely help! And leelee not to worry, the faucets are integrated into the sinks which are being installed today. I agree that the drawer pulls are clunky, a had wanted knobs but I let my husband choose in the end. If I could change them I would but they are solid wood with a sprayed finish, switching to a different handle configuration would mess up the finish. I'm going to live with it :)

• Christiane
    8 years ago
    I have the same problem in my bathroom. I placed a movable rack next to the shower (I would avoid closeness to the toilet!) and actually have a hand towel pulled through the handle of the drawer so I don't have to drip through the whole room.
  • PRO
    QT Home Decor
    7 years ago

We actually carry a variety of options either a bar/rack or a modern hook rack. All made from stainless steel so totally waterproof and compact for saving space.

• auntthelma
    7 years ago

The back of the door.

• User
    7 years ago
    More angle pics of your bathroom please
  • User
    7 years ago
    And are we talking about the large towels