Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_382315

Need help with bedroom

I had damage to a wall in the bedroom from a leak. Had roof repaired and needed to have wall dry walled Needed to have room painted so I decided to get new bedding. I had to reposition my bed because you could see the back of the pillows in the mirror. The sofa was where the bed is now. I am using everything I have except for the coffee table and end tables by the bed. I bought black bedding because it just seemed to work with the rest of the room. I need help with the pillows and picking a fabric for the sofa. I will post pictures. I would appreciate any suggestions
I used my old headboard that needs to be attached to the bed and raised up about 5"

Comments (890)

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    Ok. No problem. Neutral is easier.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    That one only comes in the pink and gray.
  • Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    I really should get the bed frame. I don’t much it too low.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    I was just thinking that. Once you get that we will know what height for bench and night stands.
  • Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Right
  • Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    We can work on the chandelier
  • happyleg
    5 years ago

Nice carpet. I see a smokey gray in rug. Check for samples in a medium smokey/beige. I haven't been receiving notifications & did what Houzz told me. I changed my password.

• happyleg
    5 years ago

I love a plump bench.

• happyleg
    5 years ago

I would just do an accent wall, the bed wall.

• Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Was wondering what happened to you. Thought you gave up on me
  • Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Happylegs, it is not gray. Brown tones. It has a pattern, which I don’t like, but perhaps once the room is done will be fine. The rug is darker than I wanted. I think everything I pick has to be light
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    What are you thinking for chandelier?
  • Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    I can’t have anything love. Something either flush to the ceiling or a few inches from the ceiling.
  • Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    I meant low
  • Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    When I press on anything you posted it brings me to a blank page and have to shut it down and come back in
  • Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Need light
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    Houzz photos have been messed up for weeks. Try this workaround. Double click (if you are on iPhone) on menu button. Then swipe up screens and right photo should appear.
  • Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Same for ipad
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    I have selected a wide variety of fixtures to see what might appeal to you.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    One more
  • Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Flo, was trying to find the fixtures. Are they all on house. Would you go with the more contemporary ones or the crystals
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    It depends on the mood you want to set. If a more elegant mood do crystals. If more casual but pretty the beaded ones work. If you want more contemporary look the one with square drop panels would be pretty and interesting. So up to you. You do want, in any style, to have a nice view up bottom when laying in bed.
  • everdebz
    5 years ago

Brushed nickel 25 x 25" - is there something bad about more chunky dark nightstands - this could echo them a bit-

Montclair 25.5" Chandelier · More Info

https://www.houzz.com/products/trans-globe-7975-bn-5-light-chandelier-prvw-vr~8529102

• everdebz
    5 years ago

I tend to like the 'spare look' and so I wonder if you've considered no lampshades that might clog the pretty shapes of the wall - with something pretty, but trim:

16x9x45" Two-Light Wall Sconce, Electric · More Info

https://www.houzz.com/products/16x9x45-two-light-wall-sconce-electric-prvw-vr~53620226

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    Yes. You should be able to click on each photo and get to Houzz details. These are all around 17-24” round and less than $300 ea.
  • happyleg
    5 years ago

I love those pendents that flo showed.

• Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Ever Deb’s, I ha e changed everything. White bedding with taupe and new rug. Nightstands are going
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    Anna- if it was my decision, i like this one. It has just enough bling but not too feminine. I like the gold with your bedding and warm carpet.
  • Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    I was looking at that one. It won’t let me go and see details. How wide is that one
  • felizlady
    5 years ago
    IMNSHO, a room needs a balance of light and dark. Gold pillows on black bedding looks nice. Too much black and dark corners around any room is somber and depressing. Add or change a couple of light fixtures (table lamps, floor lamps, sconces, ceiling fixture) to provide actual light to illuminate the room. Open the drapes during the day. Add an upholstered chair or two in a fabric of black, gold, white and a bright color. Add art with color, matted in white, in gold frames. Add a colored piece (or two) of furniture (a chest, a dresser, side tables, an ottoman or upholstered bench).
  • Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Felzilady, changed room completely Went with different bedding. Got rid of black
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    Just found another one I like even better! It is bigger around 24” rd which is fine with king bed. Kind of sexy. Also, $254 so good price plus i will get you my Trade Program discount of an additional 5%!! Getting a pretty fixture in here will really inspire you.
  • Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    That is pretty
  • Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Today I went looking for paint for the bedroom. Painted three boards. They are much lighter than the oak wood manner I have up now. I will post colors. They are Berber white, feather down and creamy white by BM. To me the room looks so much darker with the new carpet. Flo, do you like that fixture better than the other gold one you posted. I have to find it
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    Yes I do. It is bigger which is probably a good idea it has 5 bulbs to better light when you need it. It is here on Houzz.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    Click on the photo for more info. Or do a search by the name of the fixture.
  • Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Okay I will go find it. Thanks Flo
  • happyleg
    5 years ago

Nice pendents!

• Cheryl Hannebauer
    5 years ago
    following
  • happyleg
    4 years ago

How are u Ann?

• Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I am good. How are you doing. Miss you guys

• happyleg
    4 years ago

I'm well. Will u be working on anything?

• Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I am I Florida. I was doing little things out here. I posted in the Florida condo

• happyleg
    4 years ago

I was just there! I love it!

• Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks.

• Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Looking for a nice lamp for guest bedroom.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

Hey Anna! How you been?

• Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Good flo. I have been in Florida

• Anna D'Arco DeLeo
    Original Author
    4 years ago

you alright