Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tiadwest

buyer's remorse master bedroom curtains

Tia M
7 years ago
Do I keep or return...long story short I ended up with a store credit at pier 1 for a little over $500 so I decided to order curtains online for my master bedroom. I don't think they work. I'm contemplating returning them and getting a refund in the form of a store credit again to just use at a later date for something else.

How do they look? Do I return them all together? Add top down bottom up cellular shades when I can afford them while also keeping the curtains hung with the shades. Or can I go with just having top down bottom up cellular shades only without curtains?

I'm very simple and kind of anti window treatment.

Comments (14)

• Tia M
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Also the tv will be hung between the 2 windows.
  • Angel 18432
    7 years ago

Totally agree with above. They look very messy and do nothing for your room. Return them and get a credit.

• Brandi Nash Hicks
    7 years ago
    I would return them and get some bamboo Roman shades for now
  • Tia M
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I thought so...Two friends told me they looked nice when I sent pictures but I knew they were wrong before I finished hanging them but figured I'd sleep on it.

Is there a program where I can try cellular shades and roman shades on an image of the room. My main issue is not wanting a header on the two odd shaped windows. I'd like something that opens from the bottom up without a header preferably in white or off white... Is that possible?
  • smm5525
    7 years ago

You can try hemming them and using rings

• PRO
    Julie Thome Draperies, Inc.
    7 years ago

As above, ready mades never look very good. These are not pleated so the heading is messy, they re too long, not well lined, so do not hang well. Custom would look a million times better.

• Irene Morresey
    7 years ago
    I don't think they are that bad, with a bit of effort they could look good, like other comment I would lift hem and put on rings, not costly, if you were up to it you could also add a trim
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    7 years ago

If these are velvet with the embossed pattern, I would return them.

Maybe this alternate style from Pier I

• Maitha
    7 years ago
    You can do better.
  • wnec1
    7 years ago
    I would return them. You might also think about a different color, this color looks too much like your walls. A nice soft pattern would look nice.
  • PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    7 years ago

blenheimnewzealand, those photos you posted are most certainly NOT ready-made curtains that "with a bit of effort, could look good." They are professionally fabricated window treatments, custom made for the windows, using high-quality fine fabric and trim. Unlike the curtains in the OP's photos.

• Tia M
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Can anyone give insight on how Roman shades would work with the two side back windows or are cellular shades the only treatments with a top down bottom up installation option. If I went with that option I would like to stay away from a header on the window treatments if that makes sense. I'm trying to keep my view through the back windows.
  • wantsideas
    7 years ago

Return and get a credit. I'd go with top down bottom up cellular shades. Provides you with your view and privacy and they are more streamlined than curtains. They come in a wide variety of price ranges and quality.