Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a2gemini

Immersion blender

a2gemini
7 years ago

Hi old friends,

i wonder who is still active that remembers me.

i had $95 in coupons for WS and bought the Breville Immersion blender

I was debating between the All Clad and the Breville

Who has used either and thoughts?

We have been busy with our 14 month old Berger Picard puppy.

I can't resist not posting a picture

Herding snow!

Comments (28)

• eam44
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Hi A2! Cuuuuuuuuuuute puppy! Cooks Illustrated equipment reviews recommends the KitchenAid 3 Speed Hand Blender. The All-Clad was not tested, although it has many excellent reviews on Amazon. The Breville was Not Recommended, meaning it was tested and was a stinker. Hope that helps!

• a2gemini
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Oh dear!

How is your kitchen?

• a2gemini
    Original Author
    7 years ago

yeah!

• Bunny
    7 years ago

Hi a2!! It's good to see you. Your pup is adorable.

• cpartist
    7 years ago

Adorable pup. I know nothing about immersion blenders.

• localeater
    7 years ago

A2. I remember you and have been looking for you. Adorable puppy. No immersion blender advice except to say I think there is not one which lasts more than a few years regardless of initial cost.

• bbtrix
    7 years ago

I remember you! Welcome back. Love your sweet pup! I have a cuisinart boat motor and don't recommend it. Haven't used Breville or All-clad.

• mgmum
    7 years ago

Hi A2!! The puppy looks great!!

• brdrl
    7 years ago

I like our kitchen aid immersion - it does the job easily for me (mostly soups). We have had so much trouble with our Breville espresso maker (and their service) that I will no longer buy any of their products.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    7 years ago

I love my kitchen aid, too, but I'm not sure the newer ones are as good as the old variable speed motors. And I doubt WS carries such a plebeian brand name, but if they do, that's what I would get.

There are a few folks here who have the Breville all-in-one who seem very happy with it. You might ask over in Cooking.

Adorable dog!

• User
    7 years ago

I have a Braun immersion blender that I bought when I was 17 and it's still going strong (I'll be 45 in a few weeks.) I would read some Braun reviews and see if they are still making them as well as they used to.

• sherri1058
    7 years ago

Hi A2. I know your name, (and your kitchen). Nice to meet you! I have a Bamix. It's expensive, but works really well.

Cute pup!!

• homepro01
    7 years ago

A2gemini,

I was going to recommend the Bamix also. They are expensive but they last a lifetime. I have one that is 10years old. I purchased the attachments from Pleasant Hill Grain because WS does not sell all the attachments. If you order from WS online, you get the 15% discount too.

• homechef59
    7 years ago

Bamix. My mom had one that I inherited. It worked for forty years. They are available at Amazon and Williams Sonoma.

• Debbi Branka
    7 years ago

Hi A2! I don't have an immersion blender, but I totally remember you, and your kitchen, which I still would love to see someday! We should do a meetup and tour each other's kitchens :)

• fouramblues
    7 years ago

Hi, a2!! Just popped into kitchens because of a notification, and I'm glad I did. Nice to see you again. :) Your puppy is adorable! I hope you're enjoying semi-retirement! (Did I get that right? I think that's what I remember you're doing.)

My Kitchenaid stick blender has been going strong for I think 8 years, but I don't know about the brands you mentioned.

• mabeldingeldine
    7 years ago

As VedaBeeps above, I have a Braun and have been using it for many many years. I pretty much only use it for soup, but I would not be without one!

• KBSpider
    7 years ago

Hi A2! I haven't been on for quite some time either, and historically have been a "lurker" anyway; it's good to see a familiar name. Cute pup! I've had a Braun as well for years, and it's worked great for me.

• Bunny
    7 years ago

I have a Cuisinart immersion blender. It works fine, but I actually forget I have it most of the time.

• oldbat2be
    7 years ago

a2 - Every time I see Gatsby, I am struck by how gorgeous he is! We, on the other hand are stuck with a lanky thug who can't leave the cat alone. Would you be willing to trade 1 Gatsby for 1 German Shepherd and 1 young cat?!

Our immersion blender is a kitchen-aid and I recommend it highly.

How do you like the Breville and what are you cooking for Thanksgiving? Happy Thanksgiving my old friend!!

• kksmama
    7 years ago

Hi A2, just popped in myself after thinking often of how much I appreciated GW when I was planning/building my kitchen. You'll enjoy the immersion blender, I use mine for gravy, sauce, and soup. It is old, a Braun, and came with a little chopper which I use for small amounts like mincing my herbs yesterday.

• westsider40
    7 years ago

Hi A2-it's so good to see you. I was actually thinking of you at Thanksgiving because I wondered if you spatchcocked your turkey again. Boy, funny how much we care and think of each other and yet don't really know-or do we. We were kind of induction pioneers together. I have had a cuisinart immersion blender for maybe 3 years and havent taken it out of the box yet. Stay healthy and have a great holiday season! Oh yeah, love that puppy.

• Kippy
    7 years ago

I have my old Braun, has to be 20+ years old. Guess they don't make them like the used too

• chellefnp
    7 years ago

Another Braun user here for 20+ years, still going strong! Makes a mean milkshake :)

• dauglos
    7 years ago

Clicked because of the puppy (cute!). Have never even touched an immersion blender.

• kksmama
    7 years ago
  • blfenton
    7 years ago

Hi a2gemini! I have the Cuisinart that kksmama has a link to in her post. I use it a lot and it's probably 5 years old (I think) but it replaced a Cuisinart that I had for a long time. My mom has the Hamilton Beach which only lasted less than a year. It is inexpensive but it's worth spending more to get a better product.

Cute Puppy.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022