Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kimberly_bowmanfamighetti

Does anyone make a 24" Induction range?

I've been searching the web, but can't find a 24-inch induction range. Plenty of 30-inch ranges and 24-inch cooktops - but no 24-inch slide in ranges. Anyone know if there's a manufacturer out there that makes them?

Comments (72)

• PRO
    The Chair Affair LLC
    3 years ago

I know it's not as esthetically pleasing but you could place the oven at another location in the wall of cabinets so it's not directly under the cooktop if warranty becomes a problem. I have an induction cooktop with drawers directly beneath and a cabinet with all my pans under that so the space is definitely usable for other things.

• Ashley Lee
    3 years ago

huh, I had no idea induction cooktops shouldn't go above ovens I see it done quite often here in Korea. ranges aren't really a thing here.

• PRO
    BluPath Design
    3 years ago

some can , some can't. read the installation instructions.

• HU-208433457
    3 years ago

I found a Belling FSI60MFT that actually has a double oven which appears to be produced in New Zealand, but I can't seem to find anyone who sells them in the U.S.

• pthonney
    3 years ago

I found this. Does anyone know if this Empava brand is any good? The prices are quite low. Only two reviews on amazon. I can order this through Lowes, which I'd prefer to using amazon, and not having any local support in case the unit fails.

• Re Modeler
    3 years ago

Hi pthonney, Did you end up purchasing? Curious how it went if you did, or if you found a different solution. I finished one job with a traditional electric range, now beginning another also tight space and definitely want this one to be induction! Thanks for any new info you may have :)

• PRO
    BluPath Design
    3 years ago

still not being made yet. hopefully soon.

• Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    2 years ago

Still searching. I’m looking for a 24” range for my guest house kitchen. It will also be an Airbnb when my family isn’t using it. From the Airbnb gurus, a smooth top range is easier to keep clean, however renters that aren’t accustomed to cooking on a smoothtop electric unit have issues with burning themselves or starting a fire on a burner that is turned off but they don’t realize is still hot. Many high end Airbnb’s have an induction range and guests love it, but I don’t have the room or need for a full size range. I will probably end up getting a 24” gas range with the hope that when I need to upgrade down the road there may be a 24” induction option.

• Eileen McMahon
    2 years ago

I just found a 24" range with an induction stovetop and regular electric oven on build.com. The maker is Summit and unit costs less than $900.00 :)

• Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    2 years ago

Are you talking about this unit?

• boba1
    2 years ago

That's not induction, it's radiant cooktop.

• Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    2 years ago

Yep, that’s why I asked. I don’t see another summit on build.com.

• jwvideo
    2 years ago

Nor on any other North American vendor.

• jwvideo
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Hate to rain on the parade but the ad says the unit is designed to run on 50 Hz circuits, which is Europe and much of the other side of the world from us. The North American spec is 60 Hz. Further down that page, the fine print specifically says: "This appliance is not designed for use in America." :-((

• hinoeuma
    2 years ago

Pity. There's also this Aga, but I want more than a single burner if I'm paying those prices: https://www.designerappliances.com/aga-ahcincrm.html

• kitchencuttingboard
    2 years ago

Here's a Bertazzoni PRO604IMFESXT, 60cm induction range that operates on either 50hz or 60hz, according to the specs on this webpage:

https://universal.bertazzoni.com/products/professional-series/cookers/60-cm-induction-top-electric-oven-8

220/240 V - 50/60 Hz - 43 A

• jwvideo
    2 years ago

Have you found a North American dealer for it?

• kitchencuttingboard
    2 years ago

Oh here's a Siemens 60cm induction range operating at either 50hz or 60hz:

https://media3.bsh-group.com/Documents/specsheet/de-DE/HL9S5A340.pdf

• User
    2 years ago

@kitchencuttingboard thank you so much for researching for us. i <3 bertazzoni and just learned that all electrical cooking appliances that list 220v/240v actually means 50Hz/60Hz, respectively. :shaking raised fist:

now i can buy an orange range!

• spf100
    last year

Anyone have luck buying/installing the Bertazzoni 220/240 V - 50/60 Hz - 43 A induction range in the US?

• PRO
    Lauren Hermley
    last year

Today must be 24” induction day! Great find, HU!!

• snappity
    last year

I wonder if we'll see more as folks can get energy credits for them soon! I have convinced my parents to buy induction when the rebates are available, to replace a gas stove and they would love one at their ski condo, but are limited to 24" Honestly, I could manage at my home with a 24", easily.

• PRO
    Living Small: City & Small Space Consulting
    last year

Chiming in to say I also found the Zline 24-inch option:

https://zlinekitchen.com/range/24-inch-3-burner-stainless-steel-professional-induction-freestanding-range-raind-24

If anyone buys this can they please report back?

• HU-527357551
    last year

Would love to hear any opinions i am about to buy a Zline and some of the reviews i read are not great tho i expect this may be a more realistic venue

fingers crossed

• kitchencuttingboard
    last year

HU, I would love to hear how your experiences with that are in the future. Do let us know, please.

• kitchencuttingboard
    last year
    last modified: last year

I love love love my 30" ge induction range in my main kitchen, and can't imagine not having induction in my downstairs granny flat / accessory dwelling unit which only has room for a 24" unit. Yeah, I mean 60cm.

• wdccruise
    last year
    last modified: last year

Owner reviews of Zline RAIND-24 24" Induction Range

• Home Depot (but read carefully. some reviews are of other sizes or even other products!)
    • Amazon
  • Aux Compte
    9 months ago

Blomberg just released one (summer 2023)!!! the wait is over!

• Aux Compte
    9 months ago

BIRC24102SS

• kitchencuttingboard
    9 months ago
    last modified: 9 months ago
  • spf100
    9 months ago

Would love to hear reviews if anyone has bought one. The reviews online are usually for a different model (which is useless).

• wdccruise
    9 months ago

The Blomberg BIRC24102SS and BIRU24102SS appear to be identical.

• kitchencuttingboard
    9 months ago

The only difference I see is that the BIRC model seems to comply with Canadian requirement? of an included 4-prong NEMA power supply cord. If that's a requirement. I only know that here in the US our ranges are sold without the pigtail and you have to buy the 4 prong pigtail for the proper amperage / wire gage. Oddly, they sell both 3 prong and also 4 prong pigtails in the stores here and 3 wire cords for 220 volt appliances have never been code compliant while I've been alive. And I'm old.

So, I think the BIRU is for the US and BIRC model is for Canada. Oh wait, I see what they did there.

• kitchencuttingboard
    9 months ago

Oh, and I think the I in BIRC or BIRU stands for Induction / Induktion (sp?). and the E in BERU stands for Electric / Elektrisch. (That must makes it way easier to special order the correct model.)

• kitchencuttingboard
    9 months ago

I should just mention quickly, um, when you pickup or take delivery on Beko / Bloomberg appliances you should absolutely open the box and inspect how much appliance damage is present before signing / accepting. They ask for signature first, but don't fall for it. Tell them you will sign when you confirm the appliances are not damaged. My boxes were mint / no damage at all, but the appliances inside were totally and obviously destroyed. I don't know what that was about, or why I felt I needed to do things that way, but I avoided major drama. Like 3 or 4 times. Same thing each time except the last time of course.

• wdccruise
    9 months ago

@kitchencuttingboard: "I only know that here in the US our ranges are sold without the pigtail and you have to buy the 4 prong pigtail for the proper amperage / wire gage. Oddly, they sell both 3 prong and also 4 prong pigtails in the stores here..."

Most US ranges can be fitted with a 3-prong cable. I couldn't find a user manual for the Blomberg BIRU24102SS induction range but the similar BERU24202SS electric range can be fitted with a 3-prong cable as shown in its user manual.

"and 3 wire cords for 220 volt appliances have never been code compliant while I've been alive. And I'm old."

The code change was made in 1996. I've never considered 27 to be old.

• kitchencuttingboard
    9 months ago

Oh that makes sense. I'm probably misremembering.

• Mark Catalano
    7 months ago

The Bloomberg model looks to finally be available https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/BIRU24102SS.html

• Mark Catalano
    7 months ago
    last modified: 7 months ago

The Bloomberg model looks to finally be available https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/BIRU24102SS.html Anyone have advice on how to get a better price on one of these?

• HU-753540050
    6 months ago

Is AJ Madison a reliable vendor? Reviews don't look good.

• wdccruise
    6 months ago

Buying with a credit card will will protect you from most problems but read the return policy before buying. build.com also sells it (+$200 but it may price match) and you may be able to find a local dealer from the Blomberg website.

• lynette545
    6 months ago

Not available in California :(

• wdccruise
    6 months ago

@lynette545: "Not available in California :("

Yeah, build.com says

"This Product Does Not Ship to California

"It is not approved by the California Energy Commission (CEC) for sale in California."

• HU-802078485
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

I'm kind of bewildered there's not more demand or buzz for a 24 inch induction range. How many people live in small-footprint apartments in cities? I have two rental units I'm trying to upgrade from gas and have been waiting for the past two years, really surprised there are not more offerings by now.

• wdccruise
    3 months ago

HU-802078485: "I'm kind of bewildered there's not more demand or buzz for a 24 inch induction range."

I'm not. They look cheesy and most US kitchens are large enough to accommodate a 30" range. The availability of 84* 21-24" electric cooktops indicates that people prefer a different solution: an electric cooktop in a cabinet with a separate oven.

-----

*at appliancesconnection.com

• spf100
    2 months ago

Looks like a new model coming out soon:

https://www.smeg.com/us/products/SPR24UIMX

• brycenesbitt
    23 days ago
    last modified: 23 days ago

The Smeg Professional Series SPR24UIMX 24" Induction range is now in stock at AJ Madison for $3,499 plus $50 for a cord kit (unclear if you can use a generic cord -- always use 4 prong cords).

Of course you always have the option of getting a carpenter out and doing a 24" or 30" induction cooktop plus a 24" wall oven.