Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caligirl8i8

Accent Pillows for Sofa

caligirl8i8
7 years ago

Thoughts on these throw pillows? Do they work or does it just look look like I have no idea what I'm doing? :) Should I switch out the green pillow on the left with another beige pillow to bring balance and more lightness to the dark grey couch?

Comments (11)

• aprilneverends
    7 years ago

Depends what you're after. If you're after more light/bright-I'd bring more color. If you're after more cozy-I'd bring more of different texture. Well knowing myself I'd do both, but I'm nuts about throw pillows. It's also about budget-I spend more on throw pillows than many people. For sure more than anybody I personally know.

(I save big time on other things that everybody has and I feel I'm completely fine without. Question of priorities)

Love your coffee table. And the cute button-like box.

• beckysharp Reinstate SW Unconditionally
    7 years ago

I agree with ravencajun. I think you could use another light flowered pillow on the other side, and possible one more pillow that includes more of the green and red tones. And I vote no to more beige : ) .

• caligirl8i8
    Original Author
    7 years ago

What about another flowered and striped pillow on the other side? Any better?

• socalgirl2008
    7 years ago

What pretty beams and pendant lights!

What I do when deciding on pillow arrangements is that I take a picture of my sofa, then layer in pictures of pillows I'm thinking of adding. I don't have photoshop skills so I just do it in PowerPoint. PowerPoint lets you crop images and layer them.

I like that the pillows in the first photo were not too matchy-matchy. I think you should follow your intuition and replace the large charcoal pillow with something brighter. Maybe another beige pillow or a larger floral pillow. Also, an area rug would add more color.

Your living room is looking so good!

• 2pups4me
    7 years ago

I like it with just the three that you have. Keep it simple ;)

• aprilneverends
    7 years ago

A pretty room indeed..and I also love these three pillows. Well I'm partial to odd numbers too. I think it looks great.

• Kitch4me
    7 years ago

I really like the striped pillow, so I would want to see it. I would keep the striped pillow on the left, then try the solid on the right with the floral pillow layered in front a little more to the left.

• caligirl8i8
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you everyone for the input. This room is actually our attic. I am hoping to achieve a very comfy, cozy, casual type room. We have a wall of builtins, window seat and will soon be adding a desk and chair in a little alcove not seen in the photo. Here is one of my favorite inspiration photos for this room.

• cliff_and_joann
    7 years ago

I like the first pic better...My love for pillows is the reason my sofas are

solid. I change my pillows around all the time. The solid sofas ( meaning

no florals) provide the perfect canvas for pillow lovers.

Your space is very inviting.

• aprilneverends
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

you can always add pillows if you feel like it..in that case, I'd introduce a different shape too, maybe rectangular? or mix sizes a bit. you can add a throw as well(I'm nuts about pillows AND throws..and to me, these are always useful..and everybody actually enjoys them). in your inspiration pic, they have lots of textures going on: burlap, velvet, knit, wood, seagrass(or is it jute?), fig tree leaves, something interesting on the lampshade(shells? not sure), branches, you name it. So it's very calm but very cozy,due to all this different materials, that beg to touch them. Your direction is the same..take it further, and you're there.