Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kristine_legault

Is there a rose that you wish you had more of?

do you have a rose that you have enjoyed so much that you wish you had several of them today? Right now I am totally in love with Savannah and wish I had several

Comments (43)

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    6 years ago

That is beautiful!! Mine is a itty bitty baby so I hope to love it that much soon !

Right now , I would choose teasing Georgia . If I needed a hedge of some sort, this would be it . I love it so much !

I have a purple butterfly bush nearby but not close enough, and keep thinking they need to be partners .

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
  • Sonic (6b)
    6 years ago

Does all of them count? I'm in a new to me home and am planting roses this spring/summer. Many of them are still young, or transplanted from the old place, and while most have put out blooms, I'm not sure I have figured out who my favs are yet. I like everyone!

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Sonic (6b)
  • Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Teasing Georgia is beautiful wow I love that color.

So far I'm happy with all my new roses with the exception of Dick Clark it seems to blow really fast and the color goes from kind of cool to just red. Hopefully once it ages a little bit it will have Better Blooms and a better color

• BenT (NorCal 9B Sunset 14)
    6 years ago

All my roses that give me big, long lasting, fragrant blooms: Double Delight, PJPII, Neptune, Neil Diamond, Firefighter, Veterans Honor, Grande Dame

I also wish I had more room in general for more roses.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked BenT (NorCal 9B Sunset 14)
  • HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
    6 years ago

My garden is relatively new, 3rd season now. Some roses are new this year, some are last year & some are 3 years. 1st season I did not plant a lot of roses. About 5-8. Last year I added about 35. This year was around 20-25. So I'm still trying to figure out what's a good bloomer, what's healthy & what just makes me happy. I think within a few years I will add more of one kind if it's a producer & get rid of the fussy ones.

Anyways, I loved Benjamin Britten so much last year, I planted another one this year. The other one I would buy more of for sheer blooming is Julia Child. Such a great overall plant. My biggest problem is I want to try every rose I see. I love every colour & all the types of roses ie. shrub, floribunda, etc. I also want to get more of the ground cover roses, like drifts, oso easy or veranda series ones. No particular colour chosen yet. They are just great workhorse plants, pumping out blooms with little fuss.

As for Dick Clark - I have one, it is a great grower & bloomer. But I know what you mean about the blooms. They just don't have the same wow factor as others. And fully opened are just kind of meh!

I like it at this point, but once it's fully open, it has that dirty looking centre. Which I don't have a picture of.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
  • Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
    6 years ago

Foxy Lady

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Sara Ann, whoo to your Beverly. Mine is moments away from blooming. She is my slow starter. I cant wait.

I planted 3 eazy-duz-it bands last year and this year they were a mess they didn't hardly grow they were covered in black spot one I tossed in the garbage and two I repotted and have been babying the heck out of them and I have to say they are worth the effort because the blooms the color are spectacular. And I think we are just about passed the black spot now.

Everyone has such cool and unique roses I see so many that I wish I had more room for

• sabalmatt_tejas
    6 years ago

September Morn, Pink Chiffon, Golden Angel x Eyes for You, Elisabeth's China

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked sabalmatt_tejas
  • rosecanadian
    6 years ago

Grande Dame, Chicago Peace, Valencia, Radox Bouquet, and Pink Peace.

Sara Ann - love your Pink Peace and Belinda's Dream!!

Carol

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked rosecanadian
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Pink Peace gets lots of rave reviews. It is another beautiful pink

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    6 years ago

Sugar Moon and Bolero. I can't get enough of that fragrance and the gorgeous blooms. We'll see how this year's arrivals fare and report back . So far most everything from ARE is vigorous and Aloha and Maggie have captured my heart.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Yay, I have a Bolero that hasn't bloomed yet. You make me excited to see mine. I love Sugar Moon, it is on my wish list

• noseometer...(7A, SZ10, Albuquerque)
    6 years ago

Whatever rose is in bloom, I want more of it.

• modestgoddess z6 OH
    6 years ago

I'm thinking about getting another Bolero and Poseidon for the front yard.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    6 years ago

Lol noseometer that's how I feel.

Original Author
    6 years ago

I have 2 Sweet intoxication roses in the front yard on the south side and they are just totally friedand have got a little black spot I think they're going to go. not sure if I'm going to replant roses there. Everything I plant seems to get so hot and crispy. So far my new Savannah roses held up in the 107 degree temperature but it may get too tall for that front walkway period so maybe no roses there maybe something different

• Ken Wilkinson
    6 years ago

I have 3 roses that I REALLY need more of. The HT, Remember Me

the OGR, Compte de Chambrod

and the beautiful Buck shrub, Distant Drums

That means I need to put in a new bed. I'll probably do that this winter.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Ken Wilkinson
  • towandaaz
    6 years ago

Ken, how's the rebloom on CdC?

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked towandaaz
  • Va Joh(zone8b)
    6 years ago

Out of all my roses even the Austins I love the red mystery rose that I still have not identified. The flowers last 20 days on the stem and shatters still looking great. It never has disease and isn't susceptible to insects. The flowers are also heat proof. I may have to propagate it because it was accidentally sprayed with round up. Here is a pic but it's way too orange. The color is a deep red and the petals are thick and velvety. I always get compliments from strangers on it.

I must admit I do love a lot of the purple roses.

• noseometer...(7A, SZ10, Albuquerque)
    6 years ago

Va Joh - if you ever discover what it is, please let us know! Is it fragrant?

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked noseometer...(7A, SZ10, Albuquerque)
  • Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Adding Bolero as I have been staring at her blooms all day. Oh my what a flower this one has.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
  • Ken Wilkinson
    6 years ago

Towandaaz---The rebloom on CdC is constant all season. No slow down during the summer. That is what I like about it so much. Non of this heavy spring flush, scattered blooms the rest of the season. It does take a good three years to get a decent bush under the blooms but the older it gets, the better it gets.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Ken Wilkinson
  • kentucky_rose zone 6
    6 years ago

Whatever is doing really good at the moment, then I would love to have 3 or 5 more! This changes almost daily. Lol

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked kentucky_rose zone 6
  • ellatiarella (SW Mich 6a)
    6 years ago

Va Joh, did you ever investigate whether your mystery could be the Hope for Humanity rose?

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked ellatiarella (SW Mich 6a)
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Ken you CdC is stunning

Original Author
    6 years ago

I always hear you guys talking about great deals at Home Depot or Lowes. You are all so blessed. Ours have lots of Knockouts and not much else. Maybe I should offer to be a buyer

• SoFL Rose z10
    6 years ago

Right now I wish i had another Princess Charlene de Monaco. It's so fragrant! The blooms are large and lovely. And so far she's been decent with her resistance to disease.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked SoFL Rose z10
  • LiinMay Iijima
    6 years ago

oh my lovely flowers you all have I am so jealous. I am in the process of growing one and I want them to bloom just like those lovelies..

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked LiinMay Iijima
  • Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    6 years ago

Kristine, last year my HD and Lowe's had such interesting roses. This year all the regional Lowe's had a scattering f Kordes with the rest KOs, while HD only had KOs and the "usual suspects" Same with my local Menards and Walmart. I'm still kicking myself for not getting 'Papa Meilland' last year. Oh well, I probably got enough from ARE, but it's such a rush to get a new one! Such is addiction. : )

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    Original Author
    6 years ago

My friends call me ( lovingly ) a rose glutton. It could be true, although I admit to nothing

• User
    6 years ago

Va Joh, I bet your rose is Crimson Bouquet. I've had one for years in my garden. The blooms and description of its performance fit. I attached a few pictures of mine.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked User
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Wow, what a red. I love those deep reds.

My Out of Rosenheim

is in full bloom but the color is very pale watermelon red and not the Deep Crimson hopefully with a little bit of age it will darken up.

But I have to say this is some of the nicest foliage on any of my roses. It is dark green and shiny. It is so healthy. Really a beautiful plant.

• rosecanadian
    6 years ago

Kristine - that looks so healthy, and the flowers look great!! Is there any fragrance? Of course, it's fabulous all on its own. :)

CARol

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked rosecanadian
  • Va Joh(zone8b)
    6 years ago

Meredith Shermer that looks strikingly similar even the buds coloring with the sepals, and the foliage color match perfectly. Thank you! I've been wondering for two years what it was. I'm now satisfied that is what it is.

Thanks to all that have helped! It is slightly fragrant, or my bush is anyway. I would love to know if that is also true for yours Meredith. Anywho I am satisfied. Thanks again.

• User
    6 years ago

Kristine, I have Out of Rosenheim also and it is very healthy and blooms well, but I'm not loving it's shade of red yet...Gonna give it some more time and see what I think.

Va Joh, I was just browsing through the forum today and when I saw your mystery rose I immediately thought of my Crimson Bouquet! It is slightly fragrant, but not a very smelly rose by any means. Beautiful disease resistant leaves and easy to care for. The stems can have a darker reddish/purple color that match up and helped me recognize it too. Both of our pictures of the buds look identical. I've had mine in the garden since 2010, and it has always done very well and even landed on the head table at one of the rose shows a few years back.

Glad I could help!

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked User
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Meredith, I'k glad that my Rosenheim isn't the only color eith an odd color. I planted it because the pictures were such a rich red. Mone is almost a watermelon color. I am not loving it, but, it is such a super healthy plant. I bet the next flush will be darker. Fingers crossed . Lol

• SoFL Rose z10
    6 years ago

Hmm, My Out Of Rosenheim is rich red, not watermelon at all. Weird. I do have it in partial shade though. It gets about 5 hours of morning sun and shade in the afternoon. That may be why.

Original Author
    6 years ago

Mine is actually a perfect location it gets Sun starting about 5:30 or 6 in the morning and goes until about 3 and it's just blooming its little head off but the color so far is pretty light and no fragrance. Hopefully it will darken up as the pictures on Palatine website showed

Original Author
    6 years ago

My brand new Beverly, first bloom. this may be one that I would like seconds and thirds of

• Lisa Adams
    6 years ago

Bolero for me! I love this rose. It just keeps blooming in our horribly hot and dry summers, with fragrant petal packed white blooms. It also makes a great cut flower. Mine gets zero shade, and is one of the very few roses that does well in full, all day sun. Lisa

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Lisa Adams
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Lisa, that is really good to hear about Bolero. I have mine in a pot it hasn't bloomed yet it's a new baby this year but I need something for next to my front porch and that's on the south side that might be a cool location for bolero.

So Flo is your OoR new this year? I sure hope mine darkens up.

Olivia Austin looking is sure pretty and doing great in the heat

• Deborah MN zone 4
    6 years ago

So far the only roses I have considered duplicating are General Jacqueminot and Alchymist.