Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Rebloom Continues In Alabama

organic_kitten
6 years ago

This has been a long season. Re-bloom continues, so I can't say it is over yet.

Shelby continues to bloom:

Hearts On Fire: Re bloom

Indian Ripple:

Inca Puzzle has had its best bloom year this year:Re-bloom
Green Octopus on re-bloom: (with raindrops)

Keep On Looking: Re-bloom...this one is always good

Little Light of Mine: Re-bloom

Spacecoast Devil's Eye; Re-bloom
Laura Harwood has bloomed so much that it has been tremendous fun to see this year: Just a few more to go.

Last Re-bloom bud on Flamingo Flamingo:

I could post that many more, but you have seen these before.

kay

Comments (11)

• bsmith0023 (z8b coastal SC)
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Love the Inca puzzle!!

• lilykate7a
    6 years ago

Kay, I am calling it second season!! I have the same thing and loving it! So many of my rebloomers actually came out with more scapes and larger blooms. These all look good. So pretty.

Kate

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    6 years ago

Beautiful! You and Kate are very fortunate to have so much rebloom. Hearts On Fire and Indian Ripple are my favorites of the group.

• Julia WV (6b)
    6 years ago

These look great Kay. I'm a fan of Inca Puzzle but Keep On Looking caught my eye. Shelby looks to bloom facing downward or is that due to the scapes?

• Nancy 6b
    6 years ago

Inca Puzzle is my favorite too, with Keep On Looking close behind. Indian Ripplelooks really good too, you are really having a great season. I've seen some rebloom scapes, but not as many as I would have expected with all the rain we've had. Still, it is fairly early, & I have lots more blooming than I usually do at this time of year. Many daylilies have had so many buds this year, I'm almost worried about them. Seems like sometimes daylilies get crown rot after a great year, almost like they bloom themselves to death. Hope not this year, I won't have many left if so.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you for looking at and commenting on the re-blooms. I usually have a lot of re-bloom scapes, but most of the time, they come about pretty quickly. This year it has been most unusual to not find one or two every day. Today, for instance, I found that Clown Parade has put up an additional two scapes. I saw that several had commented on Inca Puzzle. This is the first year it has bloomed so much. Julia, Shelby here might have blooms facing in any direction, but now down as some do. Nancy, I have noticed i the past that the following year is often not as good for a plant that has an unusually good year, but the usual heavy bloomers, seem unaffected by it. (Please Say Yes, Clown Parade, El Desperado etc...) and thankfully, I have very rarely had crown rot...probably due to the lousy clay soil here. Kate, I won't call mine so much of a second season as I will an extension. a few have done better now than initially, but most just added one, two or three more re-bloom scapes. Some like Little Light of Mine and Colorado Moonstone have had thee mre or less full sets of scapes.

kay

• mantis__oh
    6 years ago

Keep on Lookin definitely caught my eye. But I wonder if in your area the Frank Smith cultivars also have scapes shorter than registered. Inca Puzzle here also has been better than previously.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    6 years ago

Hearts on Fire, Wall of Fire.....If you just had A Little Fire Scarecrow you might just burst into flames. Your "hot" reds are always great to see...To cool it down some, I really like your Shelby. It seems to grow as well for you as for Debra.......I'm having my usual rebloom season - very little. Last year it was amazing. Even Joan Senior had 3 reblooms. Go figure...............Maryl

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks Debra. How is your mom? If it makes any difference, I got only two blooms from Bullfrog Kisses this year, and moved Crazy Ivan, so it isn't doing much. Indigo Edge, on the other hand, is not in the best place by far, but it has been very good the two years I have had it. Keep on Looking came trough Bill Maryott also, and it has done beautifully every year. I am beginning to wonder if Crazy Ivan is one of those " thin every two years" selections. I have lost my mind again and bought several more. I had wanted Jan Sun since I first saw it, and Avedon told me where to get it. I have also gotten Senetor Edward M Kennedy, Fried Green Tomatoes, Sweet Isabella, (loved it when Rita had it) Bob Marley and have bid on one of Devitos. I am removig several and sending them on, so I have places, but the downsizing is not going so well.

Maryl, Joan Senior just keeps on putting up rebloom scapes and blooming away. I almost pitched her once, but our little talk convinced her to bloom (right, I know, I've lost it)

. I can assure you the weeds have grown just like the flowers have. Thanks to Debra, I do have A Little Fire Scarecrow, but didn't get it in the ground fast enough for blooms this year. There is also Lake of Fire, but I guess it would put out the fire, huh?

kay

• tarheelgirl_7b
    6 years ago

Very nice collection! Great to see so many rebloomers! Great photo of Keep On Looking, probably the best photo I have seen of that one. I also really like Shelby, Hearts on Fire, Inca Puzzle, and SC Devil's Eye.

Lori

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor