Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jill4feet

most popular neutral or timeless colored paint?

Jill
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

What's been the most popular neutral colored paint lately? Something with a color in it, not just plain white. For example for bathroom walls or accent walls? Or a "timeless" color that coordinates nice with my main walls which are Revere Pewter and Edgecomb Gray.

Comments (17)

• Judy Mishkin
    6 years ago

navy.

• _ Holland_
    6 years ago

Neutral?

Builder's Beige, I mean "Accessible Beige".

• Jill
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Hmmmmm, i think i have a sample can of Accessible Beige in my garage i could try. But, i've got a couple bathrooms that need re-painting so i want to get a couple different colors. The main house colors are Revere Pewter and Edgecomb Gray. I have beige floors so beige's go with that also but i need some nice neutrals or just some nice fresh bathroom colors to coordinate. I think what i meant to say is i want to know what everyone is using as far as "timeless" colors

• amykath
    6 years ago

A large portion of my house is painted in accessible beige. The living, and two bedrooms are colors.

• deegw
    6 years ago

I think there is no such thing as timeless paint for all houses in all regions. I think popular paint colors are regional and they are also related to style of house and value of the house.

I agree with ningret that navy is a popular neutral but if it gets too popular then it can't be timeless. In my area, builders are using various shades of white and not using accessible beige.

If you really want to know what is perceived to be as timeless in your area, I would look in your local real estate listings at houses one or two price categories above your house value.

• Judy Mishkin
    6 years ago

yes, the popular and timeless in the same question is a bit oxymoronic, isnt it.

its just paint, so it doesnt need to be timeless the way a tile color needs to be. unless you are prepping to sell, you can choose your own most popular.

a navy feature wall could look good, but navy towels might give you the color you want with a 'blander' paint on the wall.

• nosoccermom
    6 years ago

I wouldn't call Accessible Beige "builder's beige"

• caligirl5
    6 years ago

I just painted a few rooms in my small house (i.e. all the rooms are close together). One bedroom is Revere Pewter and the kitchen is Edgecomb Gray. The other bedroom is Newburg Green and bathroom is Healing Aloe. I love love how the colors turned out!

I had bought Laurel Bern's Paint Color Collection. In there she includes "universal colors" that she says all go with each other and most other colors. It has neutrals but others too including very non-neutrals, like Racing Orange!

Jill thanked caligirl5
  • Nothing Left to Say
    6 years ago

You might take a look at the Benjamin Moore website for suggestions for coordinating colors. Also here:. http://www.postcardsfromtheridge.com/2014/06/revere-pewter-favorite-color-palette.html

And maybe take a look at Manchester tan.

• junco East Georgia zone 8a
    6 years ago

I was going to suggest the Healing Aloe that caligirl mentioned.

• Jill
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Hmmmmmm....just looked up Healing Aloe...it looks nice online...i need a couple other colors also....have a few bathrooms :)

• caligirl5
    6 years ago

I'd say to post pics of your bathroom, but the photos don't seem to be working right now!

I'd think almost anything would work with Revere Pewter, but your bathroom colors also need to coordinate with the flooring, tile, vanities, etc. So what would look good with white tile is different than with beige tile. If people can see what you're working with, you'll get more specific advice. Once the photo feature is working again!

I do have a few pics on the reveal thread with my bath in Healing Aloe.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/4871618/bungalow-bathroom-reveal?n=8

• woodteam5
    6 years ago

_holland_ We used to call it 'rehab beige'

• acm
    6 years ago

I honestly think Antique White has been around forever for a reason...

• Judy Mishkin
    6 years ago

well, but it was called 'new white' then. ; )

• just_terrilynn
    6 years ago

Calgirl, instead of hitting the photo button you hit the Houzz Photo button. You download your saved on computer pictures from there. When done click "insert".