Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sultry_jasmine_nights_fl9

Edmunds Roses Shipping?

Has anyone in zones 9 or 10 recieved their roses from Edmunds yet? The site says zones 9&10 go out mid to late January.

Just wondering how much time I have to finish up my beds. I have a new one dug and will be making my soil amendments tomorrow. Really excited to be getting my order hopefully soon?

Does Edmunds usually ship according to the schedule on their website?

~Sjn

Comments (21)

• bethnorcal9
    6 years ago

Haven't gotten mine yet. I imagine it'll be any time tho. I don't remember when they arrived last yr. Looking forward to getting them tho!!

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish) thanked bethnorcal9
  • debbym, Tempe, AZ Zone 9
    6 years ago

I ordered from them and was expecting to receive the rose by the end of January. We are over 80 degrees this week (yech!) so bare root season is pretty much over. I called Edmunds and they said they would not be shipping anything until the middle of February. I ended up canceling the order because shipping date is too late.

I'd suggest calling them to inquire. They are very nice and helpful. Good luck!

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish) thanked debbym, Tempe, AZ Zone 9
  • sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Oh no Debby, that's terrible. Sorry you had to cancel your order. I hope you can find what you wanted somewhere else..potted roses maybe..

beth, which roses did you order this year?

• SoFL Rose z10
    6 years ago

Edmunds has been shipping notoriously late in the past couple of years. Last year I placed an order that just wouldn’t ship. When I enquirered why, they said one of my choices was on back order. I asked that they ship the rest and ship the back ordered rose when it arrived. They said they would, but weeks later I had to call again. Still nothing. In the end I got my order in late March after the back ordered rose finally arrived.

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish) thanked SoFL Rose z10
  • bethnorcal9
    6 years ago

SJN, I ordered FRIDA KAHLO, ST TROPEZ, ROSIE THE RIVETER, PINKERBELLE, and PARADE DAY.

Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Soflrose, thats good to know. I sure hope they aren't super late here. Mid Feb will still be okay..Mid March will not. Darn, for some reason I thought this was a more reputable business.

beth, Those are gonna be beautiful!!

I ordered:

Eden (already have an own root)

Quicksilver ( already have 2)

Pretty in Pink Eden

Princess Charlene de Monaco

Peach Swirl

Earth Angel

I think I have a mostly pink theme going on this year lol.

• SoFL Rose z10
    6 years ago

Mine did ok last year despite the lateness. Although I did end up loosing my Charlene De Monaco (a great rose, you'll love it). I ordered another one). Let me know how your pretty in pink eden goes, i've been eyeing that one, but my own root eden has been growing for 3 years with only about 4 blooms. She's looking pretty strong now though, so I hope this is her year. Everyone says she takes a few years to get going, so...

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish) thanked SoFL Rose z10
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I have been told that that Pretty In Pink Eden is more vigorous and a better bloomer, so I thought I would give it a try. I tried to order it last year but waited to long and it was sold out.

I am really looking forward to getting PCdM. I hear its a good dupe for Abe and I love Abe Darby!

My own root Eden is super small still as well. It bloomed a few times but since being short, chickens got the blooms but they were really small and unremarkable anyways lol.

This year, I have ordered an Eden from Edmunds and also a grafted Eden from the David Austin website. I want to see which one will be more vigorous and if having it grafted will really make it take off and bloom quicker.

I think we are a little spoiled here in FL because even my own root climbers normally, are at least 5-6 ft high the first year. My Eden own root is bafflingly slow here lol. I am determined to get lots of those luscious Eden blooms faster lol! Call me greedy lol

~Sjn/greedy gretchen lol

• Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
    6 years ago

I really miss "William III". I had him in Alaska, and I left him there because he was so small. Now, Greenmantle doesn't have one to send as her's is too small, and Vintage is gone as far as me ordering. I wish I had brought him. He would have loved Oregon.

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish) thanked Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I just got the email with a tracking # they are on the way yaaayyyy! I better hurry up and finish my flower beds yikes.

~Sjn

• bethnorcal9
    6 years ago

I just got an email also! Arriving Tuesday!! Yay!!

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    6 years ago

Yay for you both ! How fun !

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish) thanked Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
  • hrabbag
    6 years ago

I ordered Distant Drums and requested an earlier shipping, as we are having exceptionally good weather here and I want to get it in the ground asap. They replied quickly and my rose will arrive next week. Can't wait!

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish) thanked hrabbag
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Mine will be here Tuesday as well according to tracking. Sometimes that changes and they come early. I will post pics of what I get and how they are packed :)

Original Author
    6 years ago

Wow! They were transferred to the P.O and arrived today! They came in a long skinny package and I thought, how did that many roses fit in there? lol

I took some pics as I opened them. Forgive my kitty, he was intent on getting in every shot! I would put him down and soon as he saw the phone/camera he jumped back up grrr.

After getting put down again, he jumps back up and lays down next to them like, "Looky I can be good, I'll pretend I'm a rose".

They come wrapped in moss which was mostly still damp.

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    6 years ago

They look fantastic! And your kitty is so beautiful!! Lucia loves cats so so much . We go to the pet store to visit them . My husband is allergic ( he can always tell when we go , even hours later ! ) so we can't have one. Yours looks so soft and beautiful!

I wish I could get mine now . Just a couple more weeks ! I think I chose early March. Better check

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish) thanked Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks you guys. This kitty is less than 6 mos old (born during Hurricane Irma) He is really huge. He sure does like the camera attention maybe he was a celebrity lol. If Im just sitting out there, he isnt as in your face as when you have a camera. He has been a pest lately when I'm trying to dig holes. He jumps in there and lays down so I can't dig! I have to lock him in the house when he gets really obnoxious just so I can work outside.

Lily, Aww sad for Lucia that she can't have a kitty. Is there another kind of pet she can have? I remember my dd being cat psycho when she was little. I made her a kitty quilt and she dragged that thing everywhere lol.

Your roses will be coming soon then you will wish you had more time lol. I was frantically digging my flower bed today that I thought I had till Tuesday to finish. I made it a bit more rounded on the corners (more hourglass shaped) I still have to amend it. I found one corner had orange clay and found a bunch of charcoal buried on the other side (strange) I think I will amend half tomorrow and plant on that side first lol. I hope my DA's don't show up Monday...They said the middle of Feb.

Diane, very strange that all of a sudden they are clamping down on what roses they allow in the State. We have tight restrictions on citrus here due to Canker and Citrus Greening diseases. I totally understand but it does make it hard to get things. We can only buy citrus within our own state. I suppose roses will be next. Luckily, I haven't got chili thrips just yet. Keeping my finger crossed and my green tree frog populations healthy haha.

Like you, I am wondering what it will do to rose businesses. You would think they would have enough money to find a way to prove their stock was clean? No clue lol.

• bethnorcal9
    6 years ago

Nice haul! They packed them really well. Love your kitty! He reminds me of my old favorite cat that passed many yrs ago... Whiskers. She was a Maine Coon mix. She had the same coloring and really furry feet. She lived to be almost 18yrs old. I miss her.

Original Author
    6 years ago

Beth several people have suggested he has Maine Coon in him. I don't really know,anything about the Main Coon breed but he was one of the kittens we kept who were born from a stray (or dumped mama cat) up in our oak tree. He was always super huge compared to his siblings even though they all ate the same amount etc lol.

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
    6 years ago

Your cat is a hoot. Cats can be pretty comical.

Nice score! Now the work, but soon the pay off

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish) thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw