Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daylilybedmaker

FRIDAY AFTERNOON DELIGHTS

daylilybedmaker
5 years ago

Many group shots this afternoon following work.

SWIMMING WITH SHARKS: This just keeps pumping out the blooms. My friend was downsizing his garden in Maryland two years ago and I got what he had for free. All I had to do was dig.

HEMAN: I believe that this is my first post of the year for this one.

ISABELLE ROSE: I love this simple bloom

More in the comments

Comments (15)

• daylilybedmaker
    Original Author
    5 years ago

SASSY SHANNON: Great plant. Getting better as the season goes on.

PROPER STRANGER: I just can't resist taking this one's picture. The blooms are 7 inches and flat as a dinner plate. Love it! It blooms over a long period of time even though it doesn't have as many buds as I would like. About 10-12 buds per scape.

NEON FLAMINGO: Huge blooms today.

More to come

• daylilybedmaker
    Original Author
    5 years ago

WESLEY LEE KIRBY: FFEO. Scapes are fantastic.

TAINTED LOVE: Love the ruffling in the throat

ROARING FORK

One more set

• daylilybedmaker
    Original Author
    5 years ago

RED FRIDAY: I just keep it for breeding purposes. Is rather splotchy most days.

MAGIC AMETHYST: Nice lavender

CORAL MAJORITY

Teddy Bears Picnic

That's it for me.

Thanks for looking.

David

• dick_in_ohio
    5 years ago

Red Friday must open early and get dew on the petals, which causes the splotchiness. Red and purple colors are water soluble.

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    5 years ago

Ice group!

Sherry

• shive
    5 years ago

Lots of pretties here. Swimming With Sharks makes a glorious clump, and how great that you got it for free. I think my favorite is Ring the Bells of Heaven - 40 inches, oh my! Isn't it normally a short one?

Debra

• daylilybedmaker
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Debra,

It is usually a shorter one. It is registered as 24 inches tall. I have it planted in the front. Maybe their is more dormancy in it. We had a long cold winter. Who knows. Last year it was about 24 inches. Before it started blooming, and not realizing which one it was, I thought "I really made a mistake putting that one there." Will have to see how it behaves next year.

David

• Julia WV (6b)
    5 years ago

RING THE BELLS OF HEAVEN being 40 inches is incredible for a 24 inch typical scape height. Did the bud count go up as well?

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    5 years ago

Lovely clump of Swimming with Sharks. Lucky you getting it for free......I like Ring The Bells Of Heaven too. Nice face. Coral Majority is always nice.......Maryl

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    5 years ago

Proper Stranger is a new one for me--such delicate color! Red Friday is also splotchy here too. We keep it for breeding also, but I haven't gotten much out of it. Swimming with Sharks does well here. Critical Mass is one of our favorite reds.

Nancy

• organic_kitten
    5 years ago

Very pretty David. Heman is a dynamic group, and I likeCoral Majority.

kay

• nat4b
    5 years ago

Wow so many beauties! Love Heman, Rings the Bells, Sassy Shannon! I keep Red Friday for the same reason :)

• mantis__oh
    5 years ago

Ring the Bells of Heaven looked good this year; some years, very splotchy. I think you pictured Heman before. To me, it usually looks better in person than in pictures, but it is striking in your picture. Blemishes don't show that much in person.

• tarheelgirl_7b
    5 years ago

Great clump of Swimming With Sharks! My other favorites include Ring the Bells of Heaven, Proper Stranger, and Coral Majority.

Lori