Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

Love my new 100% POLYESTER Karastan rug for the entry porch!

My3dogs ME zone 5A
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

90% of the rugs in my house are Karastan wool ones that I have bought over the years and have enjoyed very much. Even with three dogs, they still look like the day I bought them, most in fall-ish colors, as they are my favorites.

I got an offer last week for a small % off something at Incredible Rugs and Decor, where I had never shopped. Since I wanted a rug for the porch, I checked them out and saw the poly Karastans. The colors in this one are great for fall, so I chose it and it arrived this morning. My opinion of poly rugs, at least this brand, has changed a lot. I wish I could convey the softness of the material. I'm ready for my favorite season! It goes well with the wallpaper in the porch, too, shown below.

Comments (11)

• Fun2BHere
    5 years ago

That's lovely. I've been wishing for a poly rug of some sort for the breakfast room. I'm tired of sisal/seagrass. It just doesn't wear well in this high traffic area. My problem is that I need a custom size. If you run across any place that can do custom-sized poly, please let me know. I think my profile is open to receiving messages.

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked Fun2BHere
  • 2pups4me
    5 years ago

Love the rug - and your porch wallpaper!

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked 2pups4me
  • Kitch4me
    5 years ago

Very nice! Perfect complement to your wallpaper!

My3dogs ME zone 5A thanked Kitch4me
  • My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Fun, where I take my rugs to be cleaned, I know they can do-rebinding, repairs, etc. I wonder if you have place like that near you where you could ask if you bought a rug, if they could cut it down if needed. I know that sounds drastic, and you'd have to keep any border that the rug had in mind, but it may be possible.

• Peppapoodle
    5 years ago

Beautiful &another 20 yr karastan here at my house,too. Family members have them from forever ago &still look wonderful.

Yes, I'd love to see a photo of it all together in your charming home:)

• jjam
    5 years ago

Beautiful choice!! I agree 100%, Karastan rugs are the best, although I haven't tried their polyester variety. I do have a polyester area rug at our beach house, another brand, and I absolutely love it. So soft and handles stains so well. I'm normally not a polyester person but I must admit I was won over with these rugs!

• happy2b…gw
    5 years ago

Love the rug and it looks great with the wallpaper. Karastan is a good product.

• wwbungalow
    5 years ago

Perfect together!!

• IdaClaire
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

That's a beautiful rug and a perfect choice for your wallpaper.

I don't mean to highjack, but thanks to your recent recommendation for Rugs USA in another thread, I have a new poly rug for my bedroom and I too am very pleased. It's not a Karastan, but seems to be decent quality for around $45.

(Pardon the rumpled throw blanket. It's become the domain of a very wiggly kitten.)

• pstein15
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I just ordered three Karastan Poly area rugs off the new Karastan Kiosk. Expensive for polyester. 5 by 8. $ 399 less 20% sale price. 2 by 8 runner, $ 199 less 20%, a pair of 2 by 3, $ 49 less 20%. We are having Karastan Vinyl planks installed, and the vibrant poly colors add some pizazz.