Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poohbearlvr

Anyone Interested In RED Clitoria Blooms/Seeds??

PoohBearLvr
5 years ago

Anyone into these plants/blooms like me? Does anyone even know of the RED clitoria now? I JUST got my first order of RED seeds from Sri-Lanka. I also ordered the only other 2 packages of these seeds, available in the US, on Christmas Day, from the only seller selling them.

He only had 2. I was shocked at that, so I jumped. They are still that rare and hard to get...in Sri-Lanka. They are a new variety there. After several seasons of test growing/blooming, they are finally for sale there, and he is selling a few online. And I got them all...so far:)

Just want to know if anyone would be interested in these RED clitoria plants/blooms, and would like some seeds? Once I have RED blooms in MY garden.

I am planting my seeds in the morning, so it will take about 5-7 weeks to get blooms, once I KNOW they are the real thing, I will post pictures of them here, and then sell/trade seeds. But if no one is interested, I will go to EBay and just sell all of them all for $$.

Figured I would go to fellow gardeners before just people on Ebay. Since they are a NEW and RARE variety, I think people on here would be interested. I hope. I am taking the chance on these being real. Once I get my first RED blooms, I am going to sell and trade seeds. IF anyone is interested.

So let me know if anyone is interested in getting seeds.

Comments (16)

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    5 years ago

You need to do exchanges in the Seed Exchange Forum, not in the general forums. And selling them isn't allowed at all in the Gardenweb.

PoohBearLvr thanked rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
  • rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    5 years ago

The Gardenweb side of Houzz operates differently than the Home forums. Review the rules in the exchange forums.

But the primary reason why Gardenweb wants to corral this kind of activity to specific areas is to prevent informational forums from turning into a free for all marketplace. Selling is not allowed the gardening forums.....it is considered spam and such posts are often eliminated.

The Exchange forums have been around for a very long time and are apparently quite successful.

PoohBearLvr thanked rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
  • PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Oh good Lord. All I am doing is asking if anyone has any interest in SEEING this NEW variety of Clitoria bloom....or not. I am NOT selling them HERE. Yet. And I wont be selling them HERE. What is it with you 'Rhizo'?? Are you a FED? Did I sell you a bum car or something??

Both of my postings, and your all over my back about laws and rules. Geez. I ask a question....do you see a price here?? Do you see a date for a sale? I am asking if anyone wants to see picture of the blooms I get from my RED clitoria seeds. I am hoping they are RED. This will be a BRAND NEW plant for everyone on here, thought it was kind of an important item! Just wanted to know if anyone had any interest in it.

BUT when I DO sell them, or trade them....here, or on Ebay, or Etsy,...wherever, they will know they are real. Because I will have grown them,...so I am ASKING if anyone cares, if anyone wants to see what i get, and if they might want some, IF i do really get RED clitoria blooms. If not...then, fine, I'll not post anything else about them. And when I do get RED blooms, ones that no one else in the USA has....I'll just sell them, elsewhere.

I would think on a GARDEN SITE, it would be a BIG deal, to see a NEW variety of a plant! Geez!. Get off my back!

• SusieQsie_Fla
    5 years ago

I am interested in seeing these when they bloom.

The lavender ones in your other post are pretty in the up-close picture, but I wonder if they'd make as much of an impact as the double blues as they cover my arbor.

I also have Solanum Seaforthia mixed in with my dark blue clitoria, which is a stunning display, but I think your lavender ones would look better with the lilac of the solanum.

I hope one day you will let us know when you get enough seeds to spread around the state.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your good fortune.

~Susie

PoohBearLvr thanked SusieQsie_Fla
  • PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hi Susie. The purple/lavender ones are light, both the single and double ones. BUT they are the real color, unlike the purple colored blooms on the sites that sell those seeds. Those purple blooms look like they are 5 shades darker than they really are. As dark as the double blues. I have the double blues, and mine are almost DEEP purple/blue. I have a mass of single purple/lavender seed pods on my plants, that are just finally ripening! They got huge,and took forever to get to the ripening stage. So in1-2 more weeks I should have a lot of purple seeds.

The double ones will be a while longer, Getting seed to set on them is next to impossible. So far I only have 1 pod. Out of like 20 blooms. And that was from me doing hand pollination. The red seedlings are just now sprouting, so it is 50-60 days to the first blooms. So I KNOW my seeds are RED, and I can post the pictures of the RED blooms in here. Keep in touch and watch the posting. Thanks.

• SusieQsie_Fla
    5 years ago

Thanks Pooh, for the interesting info about your adventure.

Looking forward to following as you go.

PoohBearLvr thanked SusieQsie_Fla
  • PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hope i have pics in 50-60 days or less.

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Just potted up my red seedlings, should have my first bloom in a month now...fingers crossed. And that it produces SEEDS!!!! I get no seeds from my best deepest double blue.it just wont produce any. But I have a lot of seed from my single purple/mauve, and my single white and double white. My double purple has less seed, but I get some. So..I am hoping the single RED will produce its own seeds easily. So I have them for me, and to trade to others.

My connection in Sri-Lanka hasn't had new red seeds in months now. So...this might be all there is for the USA....so I hope I have the real thing:)

• dirtygardener
    5 years ago

I'm excited to see if they do turn out to be red. That would be very cool!

PoohBearLvr thanked dirtygardener
  • PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I will be very excited...a rare thing for me. The seeds are hard to get to germinate..so..if it is real, and i have the only seeds in the USA :) maybe i will be able to pay my bills in the summer, if all the banks wait. And others want THE new color, and I get fresh seeds from the blooms.

• callirhoe123
    5 years ago

I would love to see the pictures if they bloom red!

• Dena Anthony
    3 years ago

We want pictures!!!!😁

• Renee Israel
    3 years ago

Did your flowers ever bloom and make seeds? I didn't see anything on E-bay regarding Red ones.

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Long gone from Ebay and they only bloomed the regular purple/white or blue flowers. A total fake. Took a long time to get blooms last year.....told the seller and I lost my money of course,he sent me more seeds, but still ordinary colors.

• Dena Anthony
    3 years ago

Well, sometimes it's still fun to wait and see what happens. 😁