Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_799198510

Help! I can't decide on exterior paint color (photo in comments)

Marta
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Just when I think I've decided I change my mind. My current house is a sage green color (Photo in comments) with a yellowish cream trim. It needs new paint badly. I've narrowed it down to 2

schemes but Having a hard time deciding.

1. Sage (similar to what I have but with a whiter trim)

2. Benjamin Moore 'whale gray'

Comments (7)

• Marta
    Original Author
    4 years ago

My house currently

• Marta
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks for your input. I'll definitly be doing a whiter trim no matter what color I go with.

I'm considering a blue-gray as you mentioned. I tried uploading a photo. Benjamin moore whale gray. Or Sherwin Williams smoky blue. I tried uploading photos but it never works. Really frustrating.

Normally I would want something to pop out of the landscape but in person there something nice about driving up to it. It's private and woody so it feels tucked in. If I went with sage it doesn't have to be this exact shade and it would have a lighter trim.

• kariyava
    4 years ago

I like the smokey blue idea. Sage is fine too, but I would go with a cooler version (what you have reads too yellow to me, at least on my monitor).

• Marta
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I totally agree. I see lime here. Needs lighter trim no matter what. White/off white. Less yellow.

• jay06
    4 years ago

I love your house! At first I was going to suggest navy blue with crisp white trim, but I like your desire to keep it tucked into that nice landscaping. There's so many versions of gray and even gray-blue houses that I'd go with your thought of a deeper sage green with lighter trim. It would be beautiful and would complement the nature around it.

• Marta
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Jay06 thanks so much for your positive thoughts!!