Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rouge21_gw

Who can help me weed as esteemed members are soon to arrive?!

One more sleep and then 'woody' and 'gdinie' will arrive on our doorstep!

(If there are any other Ontarians free tomorrow you are welcome to meet up with us :) 'peren.all', 'LaLenoxa'...?)

Comments (13)

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Oh how I wish rouge! That includes helping you weed your beautifully maintained garden. Alas work and a 5-7 hr. drive would preclude me from the joys of meeting you all and helping you weed in preparation for the visit. I know they will only see the beauty. Have a wonderful time and thank you for the invitation!!!

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    4 years ago

pshaw ... REAL FRIENDS DONT SEE THE WEEDS .. period ... lol

ken

rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a) thanked ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
  • FrozeBudd_z3/4
    4 years ago

LOL, the fun and stress of a yard tour! This is only one of very few times in decades that I've had no tours, the weather was absolutely miserable with socked in overcast depressingly dreary skies and rain, rain, rain for pretty much two months on end! I kinda felt especially bad, as a wonderful elderly woman had desired to again make her trek this way, she's 103 and sure in the heck still has things going on for her and continues to be active with container gardening.

Rouge, goood memories remain of the visit of you fine folks to my place, the weather was pleasant and the yard wasn't looking too shabby that summer :)

rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a) thanked FrozeBudd_z3/4
  • NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    4 years ago

Enjoy the visit!

rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a) thanked NHBabs z4b-5a NH
  • rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a)
    Original Author
    4 years ago

REAL FRIENDS DONT SEE THE WEEDS

Funny you mention this as during said visit one of these dear gardening friends reached down and well into one of the beds and pulled out a couple of weeds!

Original Author
    4 years ago

'woody' and DH and 'gdinie', thank you so much for making the long trek to our neck of the woods. You are such supportive, intelligent gardeners and of course fine people. I have learned much from each of you and will continue to call on your experience and expertise.

• gdinieontarioz5
    4 years ago

Rouge, I had not seen your cry for help with weeding. The little cat must have come to your aid, I wish I had as few weeds as you;-)!

For me it was a first visit. What struck me about your garden was how much smaller it is than I thought, and how many interesting plants and combinations you have there, without it in any way becoming a hodgepodge. You have great structure in your garden.

I also took pictures, first of that enormous hibiscus, the biggest one I have seen, with pure white flowers:

The front from a different perspective than Woody’s.

My favourite Japanese maple:

A lovely combination of hosta ‘Liberty’ and a variegated Solomon’s seal. Sorry for the smudgy picture: I must have touched the lens.

I had seen pictures of hosta ‘Brother Stefan’, but none if them showed the almost velvety gloss over the leaves. Mine doesn’t either :-(.

To finish up, one of Rouge’s wonderful Spigelia marilandica, with some rebloom. That plant makes me just a bit jealous ;-).

Rouge, thank you for inviting us to your beautiful garden. And thank you Woody and your husband, for the ride there!

• mxk3 z5b_MI
    4 years ago

Rouge -- your gardens are gorgeous!

rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a) thanked mxk3 z5b_MI
    Original Author
    4 years ago

For sure thank you mxk3.

(If I had unlimited funds and no pets to tie me down I would love to go on a "road trip" to visit many houzz members' gardens...for sure yours mxk3)

Original Author
    4 years ago

Rouge, goood memories remain of the visit of you fine folks to my place, the weather was pleasant and the yard wasn't looking too shabby that summer

FB, I am sure I have posted this before but anyways...I have seen many wonderful residential gardens and w'o a doubt yours is the most amazing garden I have ever seen.

• LaLennoxa 6a/b Hamilton ON
    4 years ago

Looks like a fine time! So sorry I missed the invite...I haven’t been on this forum as much as I used to this past season unfortunately.

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    4 years ago

What a beautiful garden, and I always love to see how different it can look when someone else takes the pictures.