Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stillnadine

Paint color to match GE slate appliances.

stillnadine
4 years ago

I’m looking for a paint color (BM,SW, etc) to closely match (not complement) my GAE slate appliances. I want to repaint my kitchen table top. The legs are a medium grey. The kitchen is small so I don’t want to introduce yet another color. Anyone know of a good match?

Comments (23)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 years ago

I guess I am wondering why in a small space you added all that clutter to the wall. As for table top I think I would do that to match the counters not the appliances a dark table will not add anything to that space.

• stillnadine
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks for your feedback.

• stillnadine
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Honest answer assuming you asked a honest question . I like open shelves. I don’t like upper cabinets. Very bulky in such a small space. I cook a lot and I find this shelving efficient.

I want a dark table top because I don’t want a another bright flat surface that distracts from the custom wood cabinets and wood floors. I’ve covered the table with light, dark and medium colored fabric to test which works best. To my eye, dark is best.

Do you have a suggestion for the paint color?

• teamaltese
    4 years ago

I would pick a blue from the tile over the stove.

• stillnadine
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I tried the blue which is close to the sofa color. It was “too much” of the blue. It needed to be more neutral. Went much lighter blue, too weak. Also tried a deep green. And white, cream, and black. The black was a bit intense hence the request for the GE slate color.

• sgcgmc
    4 years ago

GE sells “touch-up” paint for their appliances. It’s not cheap but perhaps if you bought a small container and then took that to your paint store you could have it matched for your table

• Missy Barnwell
    3 years ago

stillnadine- Did you ever find a paint color to match the appliances? I love to know :) PS I think your kitchen is adorable.

• stillnadine
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you! I used Behr Carbon Copy. It’s close. The appliances have an underlying bronze tone which I just couldn’t get. I’m happy with it. I’ve since painted the wall BM Cappuccino Froth which is a pale creamy yellow.

• Missy Barnwell
    3 years ago

Thank you. I will check it out!

• Joe Rooney
    2 years ago

Thanks for bear carbon copy color suggestion, I now have a starting point for my search.

Disappointed that others have critiqued your taste rather than maybe just a helpful answer to your question.

• lilliputfortinies
    2 years ago

I was googling for the answer to this question and it brought me here. I am shocked at the rude, unprofessional behavior of the alleged 'pro' who answered you above. Shameful. Your home is adorable and it looks like someone lives there, which some people forget is the purpose of a home!

• Sonia Erkenbrack
    2 years ago

I need to paint my oven exhaust hood to match GE slate appliances. What color of spray paint has anyone tried or used?

• Donica Stilwell
    2 years ago

I've found the perfect match for the BLACK slate... take that GE- not paying inflated prices for the whole

• HU-381366981
    2 years ago

Do you have a code or color? Trying to paint a pantry door to match black slate appliances.

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    2 years ago

I'm not sure I'd do gray paint with your natural oak cabinets. I'd stay with a very neutral white, like Benjamin Moore's Simply White. Will keep the space bright and inviting.

• stillnadine
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Glad you approve of Simply White. That’s the wall color. The table was painted 18 months ago and it looks great. And yes, the whole house is bright and inviting. Just the kitchen table and appliances are slate.

• duckjunky
    2 years ago

@Donica Stilwell what color and brand did you find that matched to GE black matt/black slate please

• marhop
    2 years ago

assuming your appliances are GE slate and not Black slate, SW green black might match well as GE slate appliances have earthy undertone

• Kristen Swanson
    last year

I’m looking for Benjamin Moore colors that match the GE Slate appliances. Also a coordinated neutral for the walls.

• Ryan
    last year

@Donica Stilwell Yes, please tell us the specific brand paint/color code! This color seems to have been discontinued for my specific range and the order was just cancelled after waiting a year for delivery.

• FruitCat (GA 7b)
    last year

Thanks everyone for this discussion. I grabbed some Behr samples and at to my eyes/my kitchen light, in addition to Carbon Copy, there's Peppery to be considered. I think Peppery has a bit of that gold/warm undertone. The other thing I noticed and that is visible in the photo is that the doors of my GE fridge are a different color than the sides (different material too I think). A side comment on color, I've read several reviews not to buy the black slate finish because it scratches off, while the slate seems sturdy like stainless. In any case, I hope the photo catches the gist of the color differences. My plan is to paint the lower cabinets to "match" the fridge and honestly, I don't think Carbon Copy vs Peppery would read very differently from across the room. I do like the Peppery color more.

• Jeffery Sendra
    last year

You might be confusing "black slate" for "black stainless?"