Orange brick on house as well as facing on terrace

Comments (22)

• houssaon
    3 years ago

A nice warm gray or a sage.

• glendasavard
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I should’ve mentioned that the houses in each side of me are grey and the ither greyish green so that really limits my options.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    3 years ago

Taupe would work as well.

• PRO
  • PRO
  • PRO
  • glendasavard
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you for your help celerygirl. I really appreciate your doing all tjat work for me.

• PRO
    3 years ago

I hope you would share photos with your decision, please! :-))

• houssaon
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Can the white bay window be painted? It really sticks out.

• emmarene9
    3 years ago

It paint it Navy Blue and paint the fascia/gutter a drab white. Bay window is also a bit too bright. I know it looks gray but this is as close as I can get. Any really dark color would work.

Is part of your house siding and part stucco? I ask because at one time it was common to use different colors for the siding and stucco. Sometimes contrasting but usually varying shades of the same color.

• PRO
    3 years ago

I help to get navy blue

• glendasavard
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Wow celerygirl and houssaon, thank you so much for your suggestions and showing me my house in all these colours. Where did you do that?
    The navy is lovely and it did cross my mind however a house one away from mine is painting it that colour as we speak
    I too thought the windows were too bright and it really shows up in the photos so I love your idea.
    I do like the taupe because it works with the grout in the bricks and a colour in the roof. Or maybe a creamy colour with a touch of black or green in it.
    What do you think of Farrow and Ball Pigeon? And then maybe a French Grey by them aswell for the windows and door. At one point I’d like to change the door to a wood but that’s quite a ways down the road.
    The cross beam above the garage door and beneath the small window by the front door are wood that has been painted over. Should I sand them down and clear stain them to match the gate, or would that look too busy?
    Houssan, my house is only brick and stucco, thank you for asking.
    I’m all ears if you have a better colour scheme, or paint colours in mind.
    Celerygirl I will definitely put up photos when it’s done. Thank you again for all your help.

• Angela Shevchuk
    3 years ago

I would say that a tan beige color would look really good on your house.

• houssaon
    3 years ago

Iv'e been looking at the Farrow & Ball website. When I sample a color and then look at it in a room it is so different. I would be afraid to make a decision based on their online system.

I think if you do the window trim in the gray celerygirl mocked up, you could do that same color on the "belly band" above the garage. It will break the space up.

I would do a light or dark gray that works with the roof or a light cream.

• partim
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Personally I wouldn't worry too much about the neighbours' house colours. If your style and brick are different, they won't look the same.

How about a dark eggplant colour? Or a dark blue that leans a bit towards teal?

• Trish Walter
    3 years ago

I would also paint the orange brick. Are you not interested in doing that?

• chloebud
    3 years ago

I like the brick and think it adds interest. If the mortar is gray, I'd think about a light gray that blends with it. That would also work nicely with your roof. I agree with partim regarding not worrying about the neighbors' homes, unless it would look identical to theirs.

• freedomplace1
    3 years ago

This article might be helpful: https://www.bhg.com/home-improvement/exteriors/curb-appeal/exterior-paint-colors-with-brick/

Grey used on these.

And I agree with Partim. Consider leaving the neighbors out of the equation. If you really like a color scheme, just go for it.

• glendasavard
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hello to all and thank you for your help.
    You had me thinking about these dark colours so I took a little tour in my neighborhood and I learned a lot about what happens to them. I live in Calgary Alberta Canada where we have nearly 365 days of sunshine. What I learned is that painting a house a dark colour one must be very careful about the undertone. I saw a beautiful dark grey house look like a washed out grape on the front and a navy house look purple. My house faces south and will definitely do the same thing, so i am so grateful for you getting me to think about this before I made a decision as this never occurred to me til our discussions.
    And Trish Walter, I don’t really want to paint the brick because the back of the house also has a terrace that is the sme colour in stone which would then be a lot to maintain, even though it would make it much more modern.
    The reason I wasn’t wanting to paint the house grey is that my house is an L shape and my neighbor has the opposite L shape so together we kind of make a U shape. Although that house is a split level I think it would look to matchy matchy because of this shape.
    I like the idea of matching the grout which then would be a light grey/brown and the darker grey windows. So I’m going to check out some colours.
    Thank you all again so much, you’ve really given me a lot to think about and opened my eyes. Cheers

• houssaon
    3 years ago

Please post after your are done. It is always fun to see the progress!

• glendasavard
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I definitely will and thank you again.