Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
berasmommy

Why are my Meyer Lemon tree's leaves turning yellow?

berasmommy
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

HELP! I purchased a Meyer Lemon tree earlier this spring and it's been happily living on my back deck (sun from sun rise until about 4pm). It has 9 lemons on it (8 are huge and just waiting to ripen). The problem is it got cold and I brought it inside. Here's what I did to bring it in side:

1) moved it to the front porch where it would be warmer at night and get a little less light than it normally would for two days

2) Repotted it into a 16" dia pot (no holes for drainage) from a 12" dia pot (with holes for drainage). I did add a layer of rocks at the bottom of the 16" dia pot (to help with drainage) and used one bag of potting mix for citrus plants and one regular bag of potting mix to make up the difference of going to a 16" pot.

3) Watered it and placed it by a window that only gets morning sun (I have no other window that gets more sun that I can use). I already knew I was going to need a grow light so I bought one (60W 130 LED) and keep it on the tree for 12 hrs/day.

The leaves started turning yellow in the first week. It starts from the base of the leave and is mottled over the leaf. It appears to be on old/new growth. Gave it a bit more water and watched it for another week. Leaves were still turning yellow so I GOOGLED it. Said over watering or nitrogen deficiency may be the culprit. So I mixed some bone meal in a cup of water and watered it, soil is not over saturated. A week later and my leaves are still turning yellow. Fruit looks healthy.

I just did a soil test (10/5) and it looks like the pH level is listed at Acidic 6.0ish, the Nitrogen is very high, the Phosphorus is very low and the Potassium is Low. Before I do anything else I wanted to check with you all.

What should I do?

Comments (7)