Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gt_bare

What color white from SW should I use for kitchen cabinets

GB Design
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello, I need your advice on which white paint color to use for my kitchen cabinets. i have so many samples and saw lots of pictures but I can’t pick the color. Dont want yellow looking or cold just standard white that goes well with Cambria Brittanicca countertop and gray countertop. Island is done and it has dark gray cabinets and looking for advice on white paint color to paint the maple/brown cabinets. I am missing cabinets below as they are getting modified to allow space for wooden white hood. I have samples on all white popular paint from Sherwin Williams And Benjamin More. I just cant pick it and need help. Thank you I prefer Sherwin Williams since I am buying their paint to make it easier but i could do color match as well. Thank you

Comments (17)

• herbflavor
    2 years ago

third from left ...the bigger rectangle sample ...... or the middle of the 3 on the right. if you can..paint your finally 3 picks above the stove. you are getting shadows UNDER the cabinets...as well, wood gives a cast. . i might take number 1, 3, 5, 6 from left to right and sample them on wall away from the cabs .

GB Design thanked herbflavor
  • GB Design
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you! i added 3 more colors and we actualy had to take all cabinets down for painting in a shop so here it wide open 🙂. the top 3 colors show differently in the picture bc painted on brown background but in person they look different. They are SW Alabaster, SW Snowbound, SW Pure White.

The bottom colors i didnt explain are Benjamin more and i may pass on them since i am going to use Sherwin Williams paint colors or i have to match BM to SW. I am just worry if I try to have them match it maybe someting else. If you have other recommendations on SW white let me know. so far i have 3. Thank you

• HU-187528210
    2 years ago

Photos are hard to see. And you shouldn’t sample on the brown.
    But I think I like this best.

GB Design thanked HU-187528210
  • Rachel Simanski
    2 years ago

Extra White is good not too cold/warm white.

GB Design thanked Rachel Simanski
  • Hillside House
    2 years ago

I’m partial to Snowbound. I painted my entire house that color, and it‘s a great neutral white... not too cool or too warm.

GB Design thanked Hillside House
  • GB Design
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you all for your help. So apperantly SW has shortage on primers and they don’t have primers for cabinets so now i have to move to Benjamin More. The joy of remodeling. Now i have to pick from BM selections which is my bottom role or match the color. I just want to pick it and move on but be happy with the choice when painted. I clearly dont have an eye to pick color and i am in this rabbit hole with white colors. Thank you all for any advice. Please advice on BM colors.

• Jennifer Hogan
    2 years ago

BM Chantilly Lace is their most neutral bright white.

Since you are trying to find something that works with your countertop I would take a sample of the countertop outside and look at in on a clear day with natural sunlight. Any disturbing undertones will be easier to see with natural daylight than with any other lighting.

If you tell us how you like Chantilly Lace we can help you move from that to warmer or cooler or less bright whites.

Here is a good review of the top BM whites.

https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/the-8-best-benjamin-moore-white-paint-colours-undertones-and-more/

GB Design thanked Jennifer Hogan
  • GB Design
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I do like Chantily Lace i am just worry might be too white. I am not sure what is between Simply white and Chantily lace. I have been looking at White Dove, Simply White, chantily lace, extra white, oxford and cloud white. White dove and simply white are deffinitely showing visible yellow. I am looking for warm white without the yellow. I am trying to understand if Oxford white or Cloud White are the once. my hubby and kids are chosing Chantily Lace but i keep thinking may be like chalk and worry about that so still deciding. I saw at Home Depot very nice white cabinets that where very white but i liked them . I was wondering if Chantily lace would be about the same or whiter. A

ll your advices are very helpful. I have 2 days left to tell the painter which color. All your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

• Jennifer Hogan
    2 years ago

Oxford white is the next most neutral white without being as bright as Chantilly Lace. Less warm than the others, but not cool.

It is a very nice white.

I still strongly suggest testing the whites with your granite in natural daylight.

GB Design thanked Jennifer Hogan
  • chispa
    2 years ago

If you liked the white cabinets at Home Depot, why not take your sample boards over there and find which one is closest in color!

GB Design thanked chispa
  • GB Design
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I will do that. Great idea! I did everything but that so hopefully this clears my confusion. Thank you

• mdefree
    2 years ago

These are the top whites that I would use: sw pure white, sw alabaster, and sw extra white. What color are your walls going to be? What color are your floors? This will also help determine what white you choose.

GB Design thanked mdefree
  • GB Design
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Wall color is light gray, counter countertops 2 tone. Dark gray and Cambria Brittanicca (marble alike). Not sure if I need cold undertone or warm white. Thank you

• mdefree
    2 years ago

Can you give me the exact name of the wall color? This will help me give you the best white.

GB Design thanked mdefree
  • GB Design
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you all for tour help. i decided to go BM Oxford white that way is not stark white and no yellow but I still have splash of gold to make it warm white. It insane how much time and effort I put in the selection of white color. i hope the outcome is worth the effort. I used SW paint but matched BM Oxford white color.

• paigelyone
    last year

Well? Did it work out? I am in the same dilemma but my tops are Cambria Bently!