Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherrygirl5

U daylilies 2022

Show off your U daylilies today. Wednesday it was 51 degrees here, melted 95% of the snow and ice. Today 20 degrees and snowing sideways, another 4 ” of snow……will it ever end.

Quote of the day: ” My doctor told me that jogging could add years to my life. I think he was right, I feel ten years older already.”

Undercurrent has rebloomed for me twice. Good increase here over the time it has been here.

Upgrade shows spots on about half of its blooms. This daylily was added as single fan three seasons ago and has added at least two fans each season.

Sherry

Comments (7)

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    2 years ago

I laughed out loud at your quip today. Funny...........I didn't realize there were such pretty U's out there. Undercurrent and Upgrade are gorgeous lavender/purples. Not so sold on the spots on Upgrade, but maybe I'll change my mind later. Outside of the spots it is appealing..........Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • Brad KY 6b
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

It was in the 60's the past couple a days and super windy, with 1 1/2 inches of rain. Now it is in the 20s-30s but no snow thankfully.

No U's here. Undercurrent is very pretty!

Brad

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    2 years ago

I like the quote today. I used to jog when I was young, but now it would definitely make me feel older.

It rained like crazy here yesterday, but then the temperatures dropped and it turned to snow--Just an inch or two though.

We have several U daylilies, but Una de Gato was the only one I photographed last summer.

That's all for me.

Nancy

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • shive
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Sherry - I've always loved your Undercurrent, and I adore the spots on Upgrade!

I only have two U's, Unity Consciousness and my 2020 intro called Untamed Heart.

Unity Consciousness is an ML bloomer that blooms longer than most of my lates.

Untamed Heart in cooler temps last year. I was thrilled that it rebloomed some last year since it never had before.

Untamed Heart with heat in the mid 90s.

Untamed Heart seedling that bloomed for the first time last year. I think the other parent is So Irresistible.

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio
    2 years ago

I like all of Us (no surprise). Untamed Heart looks better in the heat. I'm sure Sherry got me with pics of Upgrade last year so when I found one, I picked it up. It did very well for me. All 7 of my pics of Upgrade show the spots although the bloom in the distance shows them the least.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Steve, I am so happy to hear you got Upgrade, it has done so well here. My single fan increased to four fans its first season. All of my Gossard daylilies have done well here.

Sherry