Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
edierad

edierad decorating
12 years ago
we are in process of remodeling master bath; should i consider the color of my bedroom furniture to decide color of cabinetry?

how do you frame an exisitng mirror? wood trip glued on?
House in Sonoma · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Julie Williams Design
    12 years ago
    If you love your bedroom furniture and are going to keep it for a while we would recommend the bathroom cabinetry coordinate, especially if the bathroom can be seen from the bedroom. The frame around the mirror was custom and provided by the cabinet compnay. The mirror frame was installed first and then the glass company made a template to manufacture the mirror. The mirror was then glued to the wall.
  • edierad decorating
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    My bedroom furniture is dark and will stay. I am highly considering off-white cabinets and using oil rubbed bronze hardware and faucetry to bring it all together. Will also do a granite countertop medium to dark to bring together. Light enough so you see faucetry but will compliment the furniture. You cannot see cabinetry from bedroom but bath is off the bedroom in the same space.
  • PRO
    Julie Williams Design
    12 years ago
    Cream cabinets will go with just about everything, and I think that is neutral enough to work with your bedroom without competing, sounds like your on the right track.
  • edierad decorating
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    thanks - i did decide off-white,; struggling with two photos, this one and another; also, was going to oil rubbed bronze for fixtures; this photo shows chrome and dark hardware - would that work to tie in the dark bedroom furnitrue?