Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Thankful for rain!

sara_ann-z6bok
9 years ago

I am so thankful for almost three inches of rain our area received during the wee hours of the morning of June 2, it is a blessing indeed!

Comments (8)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    9 years ago

I like to hear when drought areas receive some nice rainfall...
    Indeed a nice blessing for you Sara Ann!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    9 years ago

Come on--that's not fair. We got LESS THAN 1 INCH just across the border!

But I am happy for you, Sara. : )

Kate

• anntn6b
    9 years ago

Happy for you and your roses.

But, what is this rain of which you speak? I think I knew it last year, but this year, the spider that lives at the bottom of my rain gauge moved in the first week of May and hasn't had to rebuild his/her web once.

• campv 8b AZ
    9 years ago

Happy for you. If you could just send one inch our way. No rain for months in the Verde Valley of AZ.
    I tried bowing to the rain gods but they aren't listening. Today we will break a record heat.

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

I wish all the drought areas a good soaking!!

• nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
    9 years ago

Congrats on the three inches of rain, Sara! We were happy to see our inch of rain too, Kate, since I was literally just pulling out the hose to start watering the whole garden since the dry heat and humidity was sapping everything over the past week. I think this rain is enough to officially pull our little corner of Nebraska out of official drought, but since we're surrounded to our north, south and west by moderate to extreme drought I doubt that'll last. Still, the rain is a blessing!

Cynthia

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    9 years ago

That's wonderful, Sara-Ann, and I'm happy for you, knowing only too well what an incredible blessing that is. We've had no rain in what seems like forever, and will not have any until October or November at the earliest, with ever-present fire danger. Still, it's good to know that for someone there is the wonderful relief of a wet sky, and what it does to make the garden come alive again.

Ingrid

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you everyone. I am hoping all who need rain will get it and this drought will end. This is serious for a lot of people. My main concern for here is our water situation. Our city is working on this issue and they are making some progress. I lost a majority of my roses several years ago, due to drought and I don't want that to happen again. Weather can sure wreak havoc, can't it?. The horrible winter that some had, the drought, the heat, there's always something! I am generally an upbeat person and try to have a positive outlook and I am very happy for this small reprieve and hope this situation is going to get better for everyone..

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Mon, Jun 2, 14 at 23:22

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!