Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thisismelissa

MN Bridge Collapse, is everyone Ok?

thisismelissa
16 years ago

We're fine... let's hear it from the other MN hostaholics!

Comments (19)

• iowa_flower_nut
    16 years ago

Hope all are safe and well. Scarey looking pictures.

• putnamgardens
    16 years ago

All's well at Putnamgardens. Everyone is accounted for respectfully. My girlfriend is the graphic designer for this T.V. station. She has to work late cuz of the web site is being updated frequently. I sure hope she has a neighbor who can let her dog out. Prayer for the families who did have loved ones on that bridge. Rush hour traffic into a river. YIKES. Later, Love, Lisa

Here is a link that might be useful: Kare 11 news with updated information

• Janice
    16 years ago

Teresa??
    She needs to check in with us and let us know she's okay!
    She doesn't live IN Minneapolis, but I wonder
    if she travels in, to the city to work--not sure!!

• hostaholic2 z 4, MN
    16 years ago

All ok here. My daughter usually takes that route home from work, but on a whim decided to take 94 instead, my son-in-law crossed an hour before the collapse. Thank you God! Prayers to all who were on the bridge or had family or friends on it.

• hostamanfred
    16 years ago

Jen, Teresa is fine, thank God. Talked to her an hour after the collapse. But she was on that bridge, she said a couple days ago, on the way to the hosta meeting.
    Manfred

• jel48
    16 years ago

We're not in the twin cities, but close enough that we could have been. I'm fine, my son and daughter in law are fine. Our thoughts and prayers are with all. Joyce

• Carole Westgaard
    16 years ago

This is my hometown and I'm sick - watching CNN. I have so many friends and relatives who live so close. Our house was two miles north of this bridge. There has to be many who've drowned and been swept down the river. I am just sickened listening to the structural engineers talk about how 70% of the US bridges are old and unsound. I don't think I'll be going over any bridges for a long time.
    So off the topic of hosta but really puts everything in perspective - once again.

Westy

• papou
    16 years ago

I knew that Joyce (jel48) lived South of ST.Paul...and I believe that John (Cowboy) lives even closer to the collapsed bridge. Hope he's OK.

Papou

• Teresa_MN
    16 years ago

Papou - Cowboy lives way south of that bridge. They were doing surface repairs so 6 of the 8 lanes were closed. I can't imagine what a mess it would have been if all had 8 lanes been open. I was on the bridge just over a week ago on my way to a MHS meeting. It's a major artery going north out of downtown Minneapolis. This is going to be a traffic nightmare for those living on that side of town for years to come.

I can see the bridge from the building I work in. It does not seem real. The sun is coming up and I can see that they have resumed searching for people.

• caliloo
    16 years ago

This whole event is jsut a nightmare. My thoughts are with all the famililes who have lost or are missing loved ones.

Alexa

• andi3216
    16 years ago

Yeah, it's pretty messed up. I used to take that way to work all the time, but since they've finished the work on Hwy 100, I go that way now.

A friend of mine was actually on the bridge when it collapsed! Thankfully she is okay, but pretty shaken up about the whole experience. Her car is the maroon one that you can see in pictures that the front end is hanging over one of the breaks in the bridge and you can see all the green metal under it - here's a link.

My heart goes out to all those involved and their families.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• klas8405
    16 years ago

Everything ok up in Anoka....DH works down there, tho...He does work with Homeland Security and Police Dept. All were busy last night and needed the extra data provided by DH's company.....a small help...prayers are with everyone involved....

klas

• FlowersForMyFarm
    16 years ago

I was worried about all you MN hostaholics in that area as soon as I heard about it. Glad to hear you're okay and those involved are in our prayers. That had to be beyond terrifying!! Glad to hear you friend is okay andi....oh my, that photo!!!

• playinmud
    16 years ago

All I could think of when I heard about the collapse this morning were the folks here on the forum.

The families and loved ones of those lost to this tragedy are in my thoughts and prayers.

Donna

• just_one_more
    16 years ago

I live in Minneapolis, and my family is safe and sound. I will be thinking about all those involved. Like Teresa said, it's still so surreal.

Mike

• rubybaby43
    16 years ago

We're all okay here (we're up in the Anoka area). DH works in Brooklyn Center so fortunately we don't have to travel on 35W in Mpls too often! My thoughts go out to all involved! Bless them all!
    Kristy

• von1
    16 years ago

My niece drove over it half and hour before the event. After she picked up her daughters from the daycare!!! Really scary that this could happen.
    Von

• goldedger
    16 years ago

My prayers go out to all those affected by this tragedy. Glad to see that all of you are okay.

Each day really is a gift.

June

• Teresa_MN
    16 years ago

I was helping a friend at the Farmer's Market yesterday. She needed something from her warehouse which is on the NE side of the river. I drove over the Hennepin Ave bridge about 6:00am and noticed some runners on the Stone Arch bridge. Don't ask me why but I drove over there, parked and walked out onto the bridge to view the 35W bridge. And while you can't see the entire bridge, what you can see is totally unnerving. Even after seeing dozens of photos on the news. Seeing it in person - it's overwhelming, the magnitude of it all and how far it fell. That more people did not die is just a miracle.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living