Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantladyjan

UPDATE: Marie's 12 month exchange

PlantladyJan
18 years ago

Hi

Hello out there! Where has everyone gone? I hope all is well and that this exchange is still going???? Please post updates here!

Comments (19)

• djm906
    18 years ago

My package came Saturday from Dawn B. Windchimes, candle, some fanatastic caramels (my favorite), refrigerator magnet, beautiful butterfly (I will attach it to the gazebo) and a lovely "Welcome" garden stone which I will put in the planter by the front door. Thank you so very much Dawn, Doris

• PlantladyJan
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Just me checking in.....I have missed hearing from the others in this exchange!!! Come on people lets share with each other!! Tis the season!! It looks like some are sending packages but I don't see where people post they received them! Maybe I am looking in the wrong place??
    I know we are all busy with summertime but if we could all take a min. to do an update I think it would be nice.
    I am still behind on my gardens however they are doing well with all the heat we have had. My friend just put in a new garden for me with a fence!! Ok deer go elsewhere now!! I will plant the garden with all sunflowers next year and call in My sunshine on a stick garden! I just love sunflowers as they are just like sunshine!!
    I hope everyone is ok. When you have the time post!
    Take care and continue to enjoy the summer!
    Jan

• djm906
    18 years ago

Is there anyone out there whos is in Maries exchange? It's not fun sending out boxes and not even getting a note saying they at least got there.

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

Hi all...I am also here and wondering where the posts have gone. I'm a bit late on sending my July buddy her package.....but the contents are sitting right here next to me and I am going shopping for my August buddy today.
    The boxes should be in either today's mail or tomorrow's.
    It's hot here in Maryland..... very hot.But I have still been gardening and trying to take in summer using all my senses. The Japanese beetles are starting to get fewer and fewer.....and I am seeing more butterflies in my yard ......so summer is good. I gotta keep my garden blooming at least for another three weeks.. The family is coming over for a family bash and they always want to see what I have been up to in my garden each year.
    I hope all your gardens are in bloom.....
    Continue to have a good summer......
    Bonnie

• PlantladyJan
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Good to hear from Doris and Bonnie!! Anybody else out there?

• tensastottie
    18 years ago

Hello everyone,
    I have been moving so i just now got the computer up and running so i am in the new house and getting everything situatied i want to apologize to my July pal you r box is running behind because of the move.
    Here is my new addy for my pal

Jamie Kindrix
    231 Coffey Rd
    Oak Grove La 71263

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

Okay...... I just got 2 packages out to my pals..... Geez, this summer has gone by fast.
    I apologize to my July exchange buddy, but your package is coming to you finally and my August exchange buddy will get hers on time.
    Bonnie

• djm906
    18 years ago

I just mailed out a box going to Pa. I do hope there are enough active people in this robin. I'm not getting any back myself. Doris

• mgood4u
    18 years ago

Hi there. I don't know about any of you guys but I haven't heard anything from our hostess. I emailed her last month after I sent my box out to let her know that I , unfortunately, had to drop out. I never heard back from her but I thought she would've adjusted the swap accordingly. However, I received a box today from this swap from Doris. I haven't been able to open it yet--just got home. Thank you Doris. I am not sure what to do in this case though because I have already dropped and did not plan on doing much trading and swapping at this time. I am really wishing she would have let all of you know. Please, for future reference---replace me or do not send to me (mgood4u) as I am not participating. I will email our hostess personally again also. I will post again as soon as I open my box---but I think it safe to say that this swap has gone by the wayside?? Maybe I missed something. DAwn

• mgood4u
    18 years ago

Well, I can't email her because I cannot remember her full GW name. I guess this won't be going to her email either. So, if someone can let her know that it would have been nice had she let people know that i am not in the swap. If someone had taken over the swap for her -- I wish she would have let you know. I am not sure what to do in this case.

Doris--you have sent a wonderful box!!! I got the cutest shirt it says "Owner if the world's cutest cat", plastic cutlery, potpourri, a cute windsock, Self-heal, Tansy and a hardy Geranium. Thanks so much Doris. I really do appreciate it and love it! What should I do--any ideas from anyone? I don't even have my packet of who I am to send to because of leaving the swap!

• djm906
    18 years ago

I am pleased you liked it and you are very welcome. I don't know what to say, in fact my person to send to next month I think is Marie herself! She didn't let me know you were not in the robin anymore, but makes no difference as long as you liked what you got!
    I noticed you had a cat, so I thought the shirt would be appropriate.
    Maybe we should take a roll call to see who is still in this robin. What do you guys think?

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

Doris,
    I think that is an excellent idea.......take roll call.
    I am still here and infact sent Marie a package for this month and haven't heard from her either.
    I will do whatever the rest of you all want to do in regards to either keeping this exchange going or disbanding.
    Please let me know......
    Bonnie

• mgood4u
    18 years ago

Doris, I really do like the stuff--I am wearing the shirt right now! lol. However, I still have the feeling that it is unfair that I got a box since I am not participating. One of these I will send you a personal thank you!!! I get the feeling that Marie hasn't gotten back to anyone about the swap. Hopefully all is ok with her. Well, if you guys decide to stay in I hope you enjoy the rest of your swapping. And keep an eye out, Doris--one day I will send you a nice package in return---AND DON'T SAY NO!!!! lol. Thanks Dawn (mgood4u)

• djm906
    18 years ago

But you sent a box to someone last month so you were still entitled to one this month whether or not you dropped out. which was NOT official since we weren't notified! PS, I am pleased you liked it. Enjoy!

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

I'm very disenchanted with this exchange.
    It seems most of the people of this exchange either dropped out or fell off the face of the earth.
    I spent alot of time preparing for and spending money each month trying to fill boxes.
    I've heard word from two very nice people that they received their boxes and the rest have not bothered.
    I spent the extra for a delivery confirmation to know if they did in case I had to send another box for replacement.
    I'm very sorry for those of us who were willing to continue
    with this exchnage. It was fun at first, but now I have decided to discontinue as well. No one is posting anymore.
    Thank you to those that played fair. To those of you who decide to continue, I wish you all the best of fun.
    Bonnie

• djm906
    18 years ago

I might as well too. I only recceived a box at the very beginning and nothing since. I've been sending out my boxes monthly, and not even a note from the recipient saying the box arrived. This month I am supposed to send to Marie, but since she is not answering, I think this will be it. The thing is we are sending our boxes and paying the 7.85 to mail them and not even a thanks for all our trouble or if they do not like what they got, at least say it came! I really have mixed feelings about this robin.

• PlantladyJan
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Count me in too!! I do need to say thanks to somebody whom sent me a box for this month!! Lovely sea lav. and org. garlic!! Sooo thoughtful and I truly appreciate it. I have been away from the computer for a bit so I haven't posted in a while.
    I am sorry for all of us who tried to make a go of this robin and got nothing in return. I know a few of us made a good effort to keep this going and got nothing in return.
    I thank you gals whom posted so at least we know what is going on!!
    If I can be of any help to you please let me know.

• auntym999
    18 years ago

I sent out boxes each month also, but haven't heard. I had problems getting on gw for awhile. There was no other email address to send thanks yous. Sorry! Didn't get anything in Sept, but sent box out anyway. What are we to do now? It is time to get out Oct? Who's still in?

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

I must admit...I am stumped. This exchange was finished long long ago...but the package I received this morning was labeled with " Your Secret Pal.. Marie's 12/12 exchange" .
    I received a beautiful Xmas wreath made out of rosehips.... mailed from Maine. It is simply gorgeous!!!!!
    I just can't find out who sent it...as all of my elf and secret pals have sent me my packages already.
    Whoever sent my gift to me..please identify yourself so I can properly thank you??????
    Thank you.........
    Bonnie